Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Gamers Thread

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Buyasta View Post
    Yeah, I don't have a problem with them allowing people with less time or patience to buy unlocks rather than doing them through gameplay, and I'd probably be willing to pay to buy one or two myself, for the sake of convenience and to support the developer, and I'd definitely be willing to buy a few skins if they're reasonably priced.
    And yet even if there are only one or two mechs or weapons that aren't obtainable any other way, ie. an amount of money I'd happily spend if it was optional, the fact that it isn't so infuriates me that I'd refuse to give them any money whatsoever.
    It makes little to no sense, I realize, but that's pretty much just how my mind works. I'm really hoping that they change their position on that by the time the game releases, because even if 95% of the core non-aesthetic stuff is unlockable by playing alone, I think the difference in numbers who'll give it a go and wind up playing will be immense between 95% and 100%, so it'll have a pretty massive impact on the size of their eventual player base, and as a result, the profitability of the game, and as a result, the amount of ongoing development and enhancement it receives.
    I might just have been interpretting it wrong, seems it might be so many hawken points (earnt in game) or so many meteor points (purchased), I figured you needed both. Course now I have to go play it to test that theory...

edit: fuck that, even the most basic mods would take a few hours of play to unlock
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    half litre street beater
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    I might just have been interpretting it wrong, seems it might be so many hawken points (earnt in game) or so many meteor points (purchased), I figured you needed both. Course now I have to go play it to test that theory...

edit: fuck that, even the most basic mods would take a few hours of play to unlock
    Yeah, I figured out pretty quick that I was only earning about 85-100 Hawken points per match, which are 15 minutes. So at about 400 points per hour of gameplay, it'll take 16 hours to unlock a mech.

I'm so sick of piloting a walking TV set
    You want some advice - lightning strikes once, it does not strike twice!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    My brief review on Far Cry 3: excellent visuals, excellent gameplay with a good range of tactics for mission completion, though the storyline was lacking a bit of coherency. Kind of like assassins creed with modern weaponry and not so much climbing. And hunting big game with trucks, silenced assault rifles, and explosive arrows is good for a laugh.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2002 vtr250
    My brief review on Far Cry 3: excellent visuals, excellent gameplay with a good range of tactics for mission completion, though the storyline was lacking a bit of coherency. Kind of like assassins creed with modern weaponry and not so much climbing. And hunting big game with trucks, silenced assault rifles, and explosive arrows is good for a laugh.
    The cuzzies cracked me up.

Bike
    Your mom
    I just installed Far Cry 3 and played it for a few hours. The graphics are much better than I expected, but unfortunately I have to turn AA off and some of the other graphics down a wee bit to get playable frame rates.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    I just installed Far Cry 3 and played it for a few hours. The graphics are much better than I expected, but unfortunately I have to turn AA off and some of the other graphics down a wee bit to get playable frame rates.
    Yeh I know what you mean, I had to go right down to 4x MSAA to keep above 50 on my QHD screen

The flame propagation through the grass areas is fun to play with...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    that's because your computer sucks. you should install linux.

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    that's because your computer sucks. you should install linux.
    It already has several different Linux distros installed. Maybe I'll get some free extra FPS if I install BSD.

Bike
    Bikes!
    I've everything maxed out, but I needed vsync to stop it tearing with fast flicks of the mouse.

Pretty and fun, but short on longevity.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    I've everything maxed out, but I needed vsync to stop it tearing with fast flicks of the mouse.

Pretty and fun, but short on longevity.
    Apparently newer Nvidia cards (not sure if this is what you have) do adaptive vsync automatically, which is why I often see the fps sit at 60. Not too sure how or if it differs from just turning it on in-game though, I guess it copes with lower than 60 fps rates better.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Apparently newer Nvidia cards (not sure if this is what you have) do adaptive vsync automatically, which is why I often see the fps sit at 60. Not too sure how or if it differs from just turning it on in-game though, I guess it copes with lower than 60 fps rates better.
    Yeah it's a new Nvidia card (GTX670). No idea what the frame rate is, appears to be plenty though; only playing at 1080. I hadn't really noticed the tearing till someone pointed it out to me, only does it when raping the mouse around the screen (i.e. you can't actually play it like that).

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Yeah it's a new Nvidia card (GTX670). No idea what the frame rate is, appears to be plenty though; only playing at 1080. I hadn't really noticed the tearing till someone pointed it out to me, only does it when raping the mouse around the screen (i.e. you can't actually play it like that).
    If you want to check your FPS, FRAPs is pretty widely used, just appears in the corner. You probably need to turn adaptive vsync on in the nvidia control panel -> manage settings, few other things in there like FXAA which is apparently worth switching on.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Yeah I'm all good, so long as plays stutter free I've no real motivation to delve any further. When it doesn't, I'll just buy some faster hardware

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Yeah I'm all good, so long as plays stutter free I've no real motivation to delve any further. When it doesn't, I'll just buy some faster hardware
    Yeh, fair enough, I find it hard to tell when that stuff is from hardware, software, or just my flawed interpretation of it, unless it gets really bad of course, then its easy to tell. FRAPs just removes the doubt; it also suggests I will probably need another card before Crysis 3 comes out...

Bike
    Bikes!
    I find that in generally any card one step from the top handles everything well, so that's what I buy. When it starts to impede on my enjoyment, I throw the box away and start again. My 6320/8800GTS did duty for quite a while, and although it even plays FarCry3 with everything on low, who wants to live like that!

Thread Information