Thread: Cowboyz goes to the magpie

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10

Cowboyz goes to the magpie

It has been a while since I written a ride report and it feels like a good day to do one after that weekend!

I had never been to a rally before, always something else on or couldn't be arsed camping in the cold but everything come together to get me to this one and
    I wasn't disappointed.

Friday I had a late meeting so it was a late getaway. We hoped to be on the road before lunch for a leisurely cruise down from chch but not getting away till
    late afternoon meant a quick trip down SH1.
    First things first, bittertwistedcute (more cute than bitter and alot twisted) and I had offer of putting all our gear in the back of a ute so headed over and
    unloaded all the gear. It was nice to ride unloaded! Meet up with Liz on a V8 trike which was entertaining and following Bittertwistedcute down the highway with
    the confidence of knowing she had a radar detector was reassuring until we got down there and she mentioned it doesn't seem to be working. Good thing we are such
    responsible peeps really.

Sh1 is extremely striaght! If it wasn't for the fantastic scenery and the entertainment over the sena I would have been bored out of my tree but as it happened we
    were at the magpie before we knew it.

Set up camp and the first challenge was the self-inflating mattress... Now I don't camp alot and when I do I don't have the luxuries so this was a little foreign to
    me. It didnt seem like the self inflating part of the self inflating mattress actually did anything so voted the one with the most hot air I got to blowing it up
    manually. Spent an hour on it and got it all blown up and BTC suggested that it was too full and would burst. Im like, fuck that.. I spent ages blowing it up
    and Im not letting any air out of it!

so the meeting people and drinking began and all got a little bit hazy after that. Good night though! till it was time for bed and i dropped onto the self inflating
    mattress to hear a very loud bang. Damn I hate it when woman are right.....

Saturday morning come around a little too early with a bang on the tent and offer for a ride round the south island. BTC wasnt moving far in a hurry and having never ridden
    these roads before I got a hurry on (means wait an hour for me guys) and headed off with a couple of ducs, a hungsung and another quality kwaka. Nice rides round
    some back roads. no idea where we went to be fair. I was just following the leader and enjoying a pootle in the sunshine as my head cleared.

Returned to the magpie about 1pm because the guys were on about drag races or something that would be quite good to watch. If I gonna complain about anything (and
    those who know me know how I like to do that) the 'letting people know whats going on' thing is really lacking. I didnt see any of the 'events' that took place
    because I was always off doing other things and I had no real judge of what was on offer.

Apparently there was like real food and meals and stuff which completely went over the top of my head so sat nights drinking started after a pie and some chips.
    Hung out and talked shit and meet a whole heap of people that I wont remember their names (sorry). Band was good and BTC was in full flight so that was entertaining!

Sunday morning was rough. Really could have done with getting up Sunday afternoon but I was up and kinda halfway more or less functioning. We were deciding what to
    when Emma comes back saying that a Mari had a flat tyre and required a lift back to chch. Seemed like a good job for the ten. So quick pack up and load all our gear
    in the ute and we were off.

Really quiet run back up SH1 as no one was in a hurry. Followed the motard at the speed limit and didnt mind at all. All was going well till coming through Raikaia
    and BTC stopped. I was thinking .. coffee stop! yay! so spun round to find out the Honda had decided it had enough and wasnt going anywhere! Damn!
    Phone a friend lifeline in play and we were sitting in a cafe in the sun. Really pleasent setting at salmon world cafe with a little pond and stuff.
    waiting for trailer to come from chch. Company was nice and the sun was beaming down so I didnt mind. It was nice being outside.

Jmeronic (spelling??) showed up just about as we were loading the trailer so everyone jumped in the car and I rode back to chch with Jmeronic at a leisurely pace
    listening to my music and having a little party in my head.

Turned into a long day, fantastic weekend. First rally ticked off. Might have to show up to another one now.

Nearly all men can stand adversity and hard time, but if you want to test a mans true character, give him power....
    YouTube Videos
    MY PICTURES

Best place to stay in Hawkes Bay here

Bike
    GL1800
    Well said that Man!
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Thread Information