Thread: RG150 main jet?

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms

RG150 main jet?

Anyone know what main jet is standard on an RG150 ?

Just seized a new piston after only 50km, I checked the oiling but not the fuel....

Cheers,

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pouakai View Post
    Anyone know what main jet is standard on an RG150 ?

Just seized a new piston after only 50km, I checked the oiling but not the fuel....

Cheers,
    195,Was it a genuine piston kit you fitted?If not that may be your problem as some or most of the aftermarket pistons require more clearance than the genuine parts as they are made of a different alloy,Also check the air solenoid valve and in particular that you had refitted the hose from the back of the carb to it

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Thanks for the advice, I will check those things.
    Any guidance for the clearance ? 'Hi-Top' branded pistons I'm outside the oversize range for genuine.

Cheers

Bike
    kohler 150
    Blog Entries
    hi. according to the book and 90% of those I work on the std main is 185. Running in is rarely done anywhere near main jet useage so it's wise to raise the needle a notch instead. In racing I recommend that for the first meeting at least. Billy's pretty right re brand of piston. There are some good aftermarket ones and others absolutely useless. Increasing the clearance can make a difference but this means loss of power, the engines rattles like a concrete mixer and and fatigue will have the skirt drop off after a while. The correct bore size is exactly as the manufacturer specifies. 0.5 over means exactly that. (ie 61.50 not 49, not 51) I've lost count of the number of ruined engines caused by "experts" and their witchcraft fomulas for their idea of correct clearance. Hoping this helps.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oyster View Post
    hi. according to the book and 90% of those I work on the std main is 185. Running in is rarely done anywhere near main jet useage so it's wise to raise the needle a notch instead. In racing I recommend that for the first meeting at least. Billy's pretty right re brand of piston. There are some good aftermarket ones and others absolutely useless. Increasing the clearance can make a difference but this means loss of power, the engines rattles like a concrete mixer and and fatigue will have the skirt drop off after a while. The correct bore size is exactly as the manufacturer specifies. 0.5 over means exactly that. (ie 61.50 not 49, not 51) I've lost count of the number of ruined engines caused by "experts" and their witchcraft fomulas for their idea of correct clearance. Hoping this helps.
    Haha,Yea well Ive never read the book since the first time I flicked through it to find the fork oil capacity and it was miles out,Then I noticed the bike in the manual had upside down forks????
    Every roadbike I have bought has either had a 190 or 195 main,But on that note Oysters worked on waaaaay more of them than I have,So I'm picking he'd be right(lucky bastard he is) LOL

Bike
    suzuki rg 150e

air solanoid

hello i broght a rg150 that has a .75 oversize piston and iv had 2 engine siezes while driving. and i saw your post about the air solanoid i have nothing plugged into it can you be more specific with what hoses are plugged into it please?, also my needle is on its leanest click and still too rich do i need to change it? thanks

Thread Information