Thread: Newbie here

Bike
    r sex

Newbie here

hey guys/gals

just wondering if height is much of a problem for biking , im keen to get a bike and have roughly 5k saved, am looking for a cbr250 or zxr250, im borderline 6ft and am just wondering if ill fit on one of em ? i thought id ask for advice before actually going out and sitting on some for height/comfort tests, any advice at all would be good, thanks.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    You will probably be a little cramped, but you will need to have a sit to find out. If you go to something a little less sporty like a ZZR, is will have a bit more space.

From your description, you already have a cbr, so why are you asking??
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    RGV250 VJ21, VFR400R NC30
    Good luck fitting on a cbr try a zxr perhaps? my mates pretty tall and his knees fit just behind the fairing pretty nice. So yeah, my guess is look for a zxr (though cbrs are better ).

Bike
    Suzuki TL1000Sx 98
    welcome to BK Merwood.. =)

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    You'll be right, buy mine I'm 6 foot and it won't cost you 5k
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    GSXR 450
    how much for yours?
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    Quote Originally Posted by texmo
    how much for yours?
    His cost one cheeseburger and fries, he told me...

welcome newfellow, best way is to go sit on some bikes in the shops, only way to do it, and make sure you ride all of them

Bike
    VTR1000, RM 250 and a few toys
    You should be fine im just over 6ft and the 250s ive been on seem ok. Best to try for yourself tho.

By the way welcome

Bike
    '92 CBR600 F2
    I'm about 6'3" and there's no way in hell I can fit (comfortably) on a CBR250. Best bet is to go into a dealer who has one, and generally they'll be quite happy to hold it there while you sit on it and check for sizing... especially if they think there's any chance of you buying.

If you want to save yourself $2k, find a 2003-2004 model GSX250 (usually less than 10,000km on the clock) for around $3.5k-$4k. You get what's essentially a new bike for cheaper... okay, so it's lacking in power compared to a CBR but you're also paying through the teeth for a 10-15 year old bike with 3-6x as many k's on the clock!!!!! If you're over 25 you've got the advantage of being able to sell it off in as little as 9 months. Otherwise, at least you've found a bike that probably even has a service history and if you're lucky, just one owner.

Just as a matter of convincing... have a look at the 400cc and 600cc bikes as well. You'll notice that many of them (same age/kms) are almost the same price as the 250cc varient. Save some money! Get some saftey gear that will last you the next five or more years! Okay, I'm bias because I have the GSX250... But I spent about three months looking at prices and comparing bikes before buying.

If you've got the money to blow, get the CBR They are a nice looking bike! If you're price concious and want bang for buck, you're possibly better off getting the newest bike you can for as little as possible. Also means it's going to retain it's sale price a bit better.

Just my 2c... I'm sure some people will think differently to my rambles If you want a closer look at a GSX send me a PM and let me know where you are in Auckland

Bike
    CBR600F3
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMedic
    Welcome.

Make sure in about a week you ask if lane spliting is legal or not.
    Or if you can ride in the bus lanes
    "Resort to the law so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope, so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart, that there is not one honourable lawyer who would not give the warning "Suffer any wrong rather than come here".

Charles Dickens

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMedic
    Welcome.

Make sure in about a week you ask if lane spliting is legal or not.
    lol yeah we enjoy those kinda questions...

Welcome by the way...

And seriously... get a ZXR
    they really are the best
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    GSXR 450
    lane splitting is legal A friend of mine got caught doing it on the on ramp to the motorway at kyberpass. the officer said he was lane splitting and he denied it officer said wht were you doing then, he casualy replyed point at the sign "merging like a zip"
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Thread Information