Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: KTM Duke 390

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    No demo to be found, I went as far as hamilton

You can get an idea by riding the 200, apart from the power. But physically the same bike.

Was going to buy one for the missus, but got her a Ginny instead, now off to buy a track bike for me.
    Ciao Marco

Bike
    2010 MotoGuzzi V7 Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Larksea View Post

I honestly want to test ride all of them if I can . As far as looks go I know its a personal thing but I like the Honda simply because it lacks the flashy stickers and orange wheels Im not so keen on. At the same time if the Duke was just noticeably better to ride I'd still get it.
    Yeah I'm 35 and a scientist and orange wheels aren't de riguer amongst academic staff I just bought a 390 yesterday after riding the Duke 200 because it was just so bloody fun. Rode the CB500F the day before and its a great bike, probably a 'better' bike in many respects (i.e. more practical for longer riding and two up perhaps) but the Duke just pushed some kind of primal pleasure centre in my brain. So orange wheels it is

Bike
    Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by drmikenz View Post
    Yeah I'm 35 and a scientist and orange wheels aren't de riguer amongst academic staff I just bought a 390 yesterday after riding the Duke 200 because it was just so bloody fun. Rode the CB500F the day before and its a great bike, probably a 'better' bike in many respects (i.e. more practical for longer riding and two up perhaps) but the Duke just pushed some kind of primal pleasure centre in my brain. So orange wheels it is
    yeah I know what your talking about, Im similar being 35 and a geek too. was trying to compare them. it seems the CB prob better in many ways, has higher top speed? better high end, wider power band, even better on fuel... but the Duke and probably the MT-03 just have that torque element. Just a bit more fun to ride.

Bike
    gsxr600
    Im also looking at one of these took a ride on one the other day and it was one of the most fun bikes I have ever ridden.

does anyone on here who has one reccomend any specific mods that need doing? (apart from the obivous tail tidy)

Bike
    Ducati M696
    there is actually a forum dedicated to the duke390, found this which is interesting. Hardly a complete comparison and obviously Bias towards the duke but that would be expected being a duke riders forum and all

http://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum...-cb500f-2.html

I'm still up in the air on what to get, Duke390, cb500f or MT-03 or just hold off for something else given my full license is only a few months away. Just really feel like ive grown out of my VT250, even though its been an awesome bike to learn/ride on.

Bike
    Superduke 990
    I'm still up in the air on what to get, Duke390, cb500f or MT-03 or just hold off for something else given my full license is only a few months away. Just really feel like ive grown out of my VT250, even though its been an awesome bike to learn/ride on.
    Not tempted by the RC 390?

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by drmikenz View Post
    if you could bear to have it off the road for a few days you could get the wheels powdercoated black fairly easily. Or pink. Or purple....
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    but the Duke and probably the MT-03 just have that torque element. Just a bit more fun to ride.
    I was somewhat surprised to see mention of the MT - 03 never having seen one in the wild. BIKE magazine rated them, "Fun, quality, distinct. [snip] And Pricey."

If Yamaha have dropped the price to unload them before the new twin MT-06 (?) arrives they could be a good buy.

The March issue of BIKE contains a long term test of the Duke 390. I don't know when that issue will arrive in the shops, but it should be available for iPad and android.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyrobot View Post
    Not tempted by the RC 390?
    nope, I think I'm more into Naked bikes or cruisers with a more upright riding position rather than sport bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I was somewhat surprised to see mention of the MT - 03 never having seen one in the wild. BIKE magazine rated them, "Fun, quality, distinct. [snip] And Pricey."

If Yamaha have dropped the price to unload them before the new twin MT-06 (?) arrives they could be a good buy.

The March issue of BIKE contains a long term test of the Duke 390. I don't know when that issue will arrive in the shops, but it should be available for iPad and android.
    yeah I've never seen one other than youtube and trademe but I discovered them as they kinda fit the description of what I'm looking for. meduim sized torquey 660cc single. Would be keen to test ride one. Price is up a bit from the likes of the Duke390 & CB500. Definitely enough for it to be a factor.

Bike
    Superduke 990
    nope, I think I'm more into Naked bikes or cruisers with a more upright riding position rather than sport bikes.
    Fair enough - I feel the same way. As you were then.

I also hear good things about the Monster, although since you could ride the small one on your learners, might not be the big new purchase you want while moving on to your full licence. Aaaaand it costs $17,000 dollars or so.

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    Ducati M696
    heh yeah I'd have a monster but hat price tag is a bit more than I can justify spending on a bike right now. Considering what you can actually get for around 10k

Bike
    2010 MotoGuzzi V7 Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    if you could bear to have it off the road for a few days you could get the wheels powdercoated black fairly easily. Or pink. Or purple....
    the orange has grown on me. like a fungus. seems to suit the bikes nature

Thread Information