Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE - Drew and Alan's sidecar build

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I'll make use of the air shifter if you don't want it.
    He doesn't mean a friggin hair dryer..........
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    yea we got one of those for agip bike too. I have remote oil tank and variety of lines and plumbing and pumps n shit too.. not on the bike tho. Got a standard sump on it.. too much effort to lower the engine an inch or two, dunno how much difference it would make.
    Yamaha sumps are flatter so you dont really need to

I'll make use of the air shifter if you don't want it.
    It's rubbish dont waste your time
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    That's not a dry sump Kai, it's just a shortened one with the tray enlarged to increase oil volume. Essentially, that single part just moved our build forward a month.
    lol do you need to make a new brake pedal or seat? cause that can take years.. Ask pig n goober

Had a very good day getting a clear idea of what is to be done to get it racing, and the list is quite short indeed!
    mean! my list is pretty short too!

1. put petrol in..
    2. ???
    3. ..win.

haven't figured out phase 2 yet.. but getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    What's duck liver got to do with it?????
    it had passed its expiry date so gave him mean hallucinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Yamaha sumps are flatter so you dont really need to
    yea, I wonder if its even for the fzr motor, cause I have another spare sump in my parts bin that looks a lot like Drews did in the way that its very big/sticks out.[/QUOTE]

(Airshifter) It's rubbish dont waste your time
    naw, maybe he wants to buy it off me

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

yea, I wonder if its even for the fzr motor, cause I have another spare sump in my parts bin that looks a lot like Drews did in the way that its very big/sticks out.
    FZR have a very flat bottom to the sump. The other one you have must be off a Thuderace, or some such.

naw, maybe he wants to buy it off me
    Five bucks and a half packet of crisps?

Bike
    a red heap
    .... and the list is quite short indeed!
    my list was too

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    my list was too
    Your list items were slightly bigger in scale.

Bike
    FZR have a very flat bottom to the sump. The other one you have must be off a Thuderace, or some such.
    makes sense, I think the bikes motor in it now is the thunderace.. I've got spare cylinders and heads n shit (from FZR and Thunderace).. all looks the same so there can't be much diff between FZR and the YZF..

I was going to buy an early R1 motor.. but it slightly made less torque (on paper) than the motor I've got in it (according to factory figures) and not really any more HP.. only advantage was 6 speed over 5. So I flagged it.

Grumph might be able to get some more grunt out of my motor if I give him the bike and some cash hehe..

And I have another gear box in the shed.. I should go count the gears on it.. might be a 6 speed box..

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    makes sense, I think the bikes motor in it now is the thunderace.. I've got spare cylinders and heads n shit (from FZR and Thunderace).. all looks the same so there can't be much diff between FZR and the YZF..

I was going to buy an early R1 motor.. but it slightly made less torque (on paper) than the motor I've got in it (according to factory figures) and not really any more HP.. only advantage was 6 speed over 5. So I flagged it.

Grumph might be able to get some more grunt out of my motor if I give him the bike and some cash hehe..

And I have another gear box in the shed.. I should go count the gears on it.. might be a 6 speed box..
    FZR should have plenty of grunt without fucking with it. I'm not sure why you think it's gutless unless it's fucked. It went fine when I raced against it.

Bike
    FZR should have plenty of grunt without fucking with it. I'm not sure why you think it's gutless unless it's fucked. It went fine when I raced against it.
    guess its alright, (altho nev chopped and re did the ignition leads as they were just sitting there.. so it won't have been running 100%, the exhaust has holes in it, the airbox didn't sit on it properly although does now thanks to nev.. its hardly running 100% prob better now that nev tidied it up though) can do 1.55 round puna which is about right with its prev owner. and 1.23 round hampers was our best I think..

its not too bad, but when a 600 can pull away from you in a straight line you kinda want a little more.. maybe thats just me

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    its not too bad, but when a 600 can pull away from you in a straight line you kinda want a little more.. maybe thats just me
    Yeah, that aint right. Your outfit is a fatty, but should still monster an F2 outfit I'd have thought.

Go hyperbike powered man. No replacement for displacement!

Bike
    Yeah, that aint right. Your outfit is a fatty, but should still monster an F2 outfit I'd have thought.

Go hyperbike powered man. No replacement for displacement!
    haha, yea still a toss up on whether the spend $ on old bike.. or just save and go as modern as I can afford.

easiest way to lose weight. I sure as hell ain't going on diet myself!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Kai, Phil and the AGIP bike probably give away 120kg + to the F2, plus Tracey/Jo have been riding a lot longer

If there is no replacement for displacement can you explain why as sidecars went to the 1000cc motors after the 1200cc limit was dropped at world level they got faster?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Kai, Phil and the AGIP bike probably give away 120kg + to the F2, plus Tracey/Jo have been riding a lot longer

If there is no replacement for displacement can you explain why as sidecars went to the 1000cc motors after the 1200cc limit was dropped at world level they got faster?
    Because gixxer thou is the only real way to go. But I don't have the wallet for that shit.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Because gixxer thou is the only real way to go. But I don't have the wallet for that shit.
    Maybe but the Birchalls run an R1 and they run up the front, Tim Reeves ran a Honda and was up there to, Suzuki is just the easiest option as so many dickheads own them there's a readily avaliable supply of crashed bikes

Birchalls run an 08 R1 as apparently the crossplane doesn't work as good and even with the Suzukis most teams wouldn't run any thing later than an 08

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Maybe but the Birchalls run an R1 and they run up the front, Tim Reeves ran a Honda and was up there to, Suzuki is just the easiest option as so many dickheads own them there's a readily avaliable supply of crashed bikes

Birchalls run an 08 R1 as apparently the crossplane doesn't work as good and even with the Suzukis most teams wouldn't run any thing later than an 08
    Gixxers are strong, fast, cheap, and available. It's the correct formula to dominate a class, on sheer numbers of entrants running them alone.

The reason that teh number of us dickheads on them is higher, is because they outsell every other liter bike. The percentage will be no different.

Thread Information