Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice & pointers for a new gurl

Bike
    Ducati 400ss
    If you join the AA make sure that you upgrade it to AA plus! I had to find this out the hard way, which believe me it really sux!

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Hi Gurl

If you wanna nice cruise with some fellow chicks..try contacting WIMA. They are a bunch of biker girls who will more than likely be able to see you on your way and ride with you too

www.wima.org.nz

and they based in Wellington
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    Not many, if any
    sounds like a great plan, dunno about how much help the AA are tho, i bet the numbers of 3 odd shift working KB'ers would do a better job at being able to get to you promptly, and even better at working on the bike... but anyway, you have a CB250, is it an RS or a twin? if its the RS then your set! nothing major can go wrong, even if you know nothing just take a prod at it or a little bang with your fist and it will settle her down -i still have many spares for the CB250RS if ever your in need.. most of it has chain drilled holes thru it tho!

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    hahahaha...damn Kawa didnt you know girls can do anything. A cellphone a an innocent plead work beter than any AA membershio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    dooohhh...sorry for posting again but if ya got a Honda then consider joining the Honda Rider Rescue Club. Similar to AA but for Honda bikes. You get a flat or any trouble and they come to you and they have 0800 number.

Might be worth your while
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    man... after an hour on the GSXR, I'm dying for a break! possibly something to do with having my seat around where my shoulders should be and the fact that I enjoy finding tight corners to get myself out of (literally!).

Best advice I'd give you celtic is to do the ride with some other experienced people as well who are willing to go at your pace. there's so much to discover about biking on the open road and its much easier and relaxing with other people to explain stuff or just be a vote of confidence on the road.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Go for it... the trip should be fine - just pack a cell phone in case you do need assistance...

oh - and if your butt starts going numb after a while... stop and go for a quick walk before it goes REALLY numb. It'll make the trip much more pleasant.

Enjoy - and welcome to the NZ roads.

MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

Re Honda riders club

Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck
    dooohhh...sorry for posting again but if ya got a Honda then consider joining the Honda Rider Rescue Club. Similar to AA but for Honda bikes. You get a flat or any trouble and they come to you and they have 0800 number.

Might be worth your while

HRC also do very competitive bike insurance, and they insure non Hondas, both my R6,s were insured by their broker.

firefight.

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Thumbs up

Thanks again to you all for the handy info! I'm getting more & more excited about this trip.

Cheers Cathy
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Also - if you get the chance to ride with some others - it's really really cool. Quite a buzz really.

Hard to explain till you've done it, but pair up with someone else on the road and you'll see what I mean. Don't forget to wave when you part ways too.

MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefight
    HRC also do very competitive bike insurance, and they insure non Hondas, both my R6,s were insured by their broker.

firefight.
    I got my insurance through Protecta in Auckland - they were able to give me fire, theft & 3rd party cover for $122-. I thought that was pretty good.

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDownUnder
    Don't forget to wave...

MDU
    I need to start remembering to wave! Being a car driver it's not something I'm used to doing

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck
    Hi Gurl

If you wanna nice cruise with some fellow chicks..try contacting WIMA. They are a bunch of biker girls who will more than likely be able to see you on your way and ride with you too

www.wima.org.nz

and they based in Wellington
    Thanks - I've already contacted WIMA about joing up...I need all the help I can get!

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    Hi - I saw your bike parked in the bike park in Mercer Street today and left my card on it to say "hi"......do you work close to there? (I saw it there yesterday also but didn't realise it was yours till I checked the photo in the members list last night)

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Blair
    Hi - I saw your bike parked in the bike park in Mercer Street today and left my card on it to say "hi"......do you work close to there? (I saw it there yesterday also but didn't realise it was yours till I checked the photo in the members list last night)
    Ok cool. Yeah at the moment I am working in town & park there, handy but I'd prefer under cover.

Thread Information