Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motobatt battery problem. Can anyone borrow a smart battery charger?

Bike
    Ducati Monster 600

Unhappy Motobatt battery problem. Can anyone borrow a smart battery charger?

Hi everyone,

About 2 weeks ago I bought a brand new Motobatt battery. The old one was still working fine but I decided to make a little present for my monster The service guy in cycletreads suggested motobatt and I bought it. And today I couldn't start my bike. I changed the battery to my old one and started the bike without any problems. Has anyone faced such problems with Motobatt?
    The question is: can anyone borrow a smart charger for 1 night? I want to charge the battery and check the charge for several days to see if it is still loosing power.

Thanks.

P.S. Motobatt charger costs twice as much as my battery and today I'm pretty disappointed with this brand.

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Ask a few dealers about Motobatt batteries. Give Nick a call at NZ Motorcycles, 07-889 1007.

Motobatt have had a dud shipment in recently and one dealer had a stock of 50 batteries to send back for warranty.
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Repsol CBR250RR Trackbike
    Blog Entries
    Don't Motobatt have a 2 year warranty? That's what the guys at Cyclespot told me...
    1990 CBR250RR - fully rebuilt and awesome!
    1999 CBR900RR - a work in progress...

Bike
    KTM 950SM, '78 X7, FZ750, GN250
    You don't need a smart charger for them, and they are supposed to come pre-charged plug and play. Don't be put off by your experience, they are a brilliant battery for the price and I use them in everything. I also have no connection to nor vested interest in the company/its products unlike certain people.

Bike
    Vested interest or not, I am only repeating what other motorcycle dealers have told me unsolicited. There was a faulty batch come in and has caused a lot of headaches for dealers and customers.

I have no need to slight the competition and never do in order to promote Shorai as the technology is completely different, so I only need compare technologies in light of progress.

I am pleased you have had a good run with your own and only repeat my advice to ask the question before buying another Motobatt.

Bike
    Eeyore
    Interesting, brought a motobatt about 3 months ago, took bike for warrant and had 1 ride went out today and its dead. Looks like I'll have to get the dealer to replace it.
    If it rains on your parade, use the umbrella of eternal optimism

Bike
    1999 Red 955i Daytona
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
    Don't Motobatt have a 2 year warranty? That's what the guys at Cyclespot told me...
    Got my motobatt Jan last year and thought it was a 2 year warranty but got told today that its only 1 year...

looked on Whites.co.nz website that imports them (so I have been told) and in there online catalogue it says 2 years in the motobatt section.... screenshot attached

So off to the shop tomorrow with that info...

Even if they change the warranty due to the amount of failures since i got mine they should still have to honour warranties that were brought under the 2 year warranty time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlashPlayerPlugin_11_6_602_180 2013-03-27 17-50-09-87 (Medium).png 
Views:	68 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	280468  

Bike
    Good on you, hope you get the result you want.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Mine gets left for months on end connected and still never has an issue starting my ZX6thing. They're generally excellent batteries, far better than anything else for the same money.

Sent from my Tesla coil
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    TF125
    Yuasa.

That is all.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    All makers have an off day.

Its how they respond that makes the difference. My exp wit the giant yellow accumulator under the seat of the guzzler has thus far been good.

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    I'm looking forward to the next technology lift. Makes a lecky bike a practical every day option. Here is a promising one http://www.electronicsweekly.com/blo...ors-could.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    1999 Red 955i Daytona
    Follow up on Motobatt....

Motobatt are only a One year warranty... got that from W Whites the importer and it changed apparently August 2011

When I rang them today regarding warranty for my battery, there catalogue and what's in it regarding the wording.

Outcome... still waiting for rep to load test my battery but due to the wording that was in there current catalogue on there website stating that they have a 2 Year Warranty they will replace the battery if it is defective.
    They have removed the catalogue off there site now due to my phone call...

I winder how many others think that there Motobatt has a 2 year warranty when in fact its only one year...

Yuasa I have heard give a 2 year warranty... maybe a change to that next time

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Just have some no name brand sealed battery in mine... starts bike every time. What more do you need...

Whats so good about them motobattamthingys theN ?
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    Just have some no name brand sealed battery in mine... starts bike every time. What more do you need...

Whats so good about them motobattamthingys theN ?
    They're cheap.

Thread Information