Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical problem - Suzuki RF900

Bike
    Bikes!
    Get a wiring diagram, otherwise you're just guessing like the (well meaning) responders in this thread. With a diagram you should be able to trace something like this in 10-20 minutes.

Workshop manual is a good place to get one. If you absolutely can't find one, look for a 96-98 GSXR600 (carb'd) one, it won't be much difference.

Post it up here when you do (just screen shot it if it's in a full manual PDF), then we can basically tell you what setting to put your meter on and where to probe it.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Get a wiring diagram, otherwise you're just guessing like the (well meaning) responders in this thread. With a diagram you should be able to trace something like this in 10-20 minutes.

Workshop manual is a good place to get one. If you absolutely can't find one, look for a 96-98 GSXR600 (carb'd) one, it won't be much difference.

Post it up here when you do (just screen shot it if it's in a full manual PDF), then we can basically tell you what setting to put your meter on and where to probe it.
    One here ....

http://www.2shared.com/document/oMmI...iagram_pd.html
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Downloaded that and it was a one page blah blah from the site. I did not go any further.

Bike
    '97 RF900
    SOLVED.

The wires going into the top of the main relay / starter relay through a 4-pin (I think it was 4) plug. The contacts on the female side for one pin were spread and not getting a good connection. Squeezed 'em back in a bit and she lives again! There was some evidence of a little arcing but no damage as such.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance and suggestions. I've learned a few things along the way... and I know for a FACT now that practically every electrical connection on my machine is clean and tight!

Bike
    Bikes!

Bike
    '97 RF900
    Yes, precisely. Seen this before, have you?

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Seat_Terror View Post
    Yes, precisely. Seen this before, have you?
    No, but I thought that knowing where to buy replacement pins for your plug might help you out

Bike
    '97 RF900
    Ah, I did make a note of that. For now, subtle improvement (bending) of the existing one seems to have done the trick

Thread Information