Thread: VT250 rings

Bike
    2001 RF400RV

VT250 rings

Just a quick query, are there any retailers here or decent ones anyone knows of that would stock these? It's a 44mm bore so maybe something else fits to, trolling google now, if someone knows the ring thicknesses that'd be good to, although I can get that with things apart anyway. I forget if I've asked before but I don't think so.

I snapped an intake camshaft in half today so probably time I fixed the motor I've been meaning to put in it for a while.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 328FTW View Post
    Just a quick query, are there any retailers here or decent ones anyone knows of that would stock these? It's a 44mm bore so maybe something else fits to, trolling google now, if someone knows the ring thicknesses that'd be good to, although I can get that with things apart anyway. I forget if I've asked before but I don't think so.

I snapped an intake camshaft in half today so probably time I fixed the motor I've been meaning to put in it for a while.
    Thought about it i got 4 of the dam things 2 knacked engines u welcome to have a set of cams

There for first gen vt motors though not the spada

Contact malcom kirby encho honda he the man for all things honda great bloke too

he is in new plymoth

i managed to snap my vt 500 cam shaft the bit where u bolt on the cam chain sprocket i yet to get engine to fire aghhh my timing might be 180 degrees out
    hopeless when comes to timing

Bike
    2001 RF400RV
    I have spare cams I think but it spun out of sync, smashed the rockers, blew the retainers off the top of the valves and somehow the valves haven't dropped off into the engine. Probably bent and jammed up in the guide I'd say.

I'm more after a new set of rings to fix my "good" motor sitting on the floor.

Thread Information