Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bike Day Out Playday at Hampton Downs, 23-24 Feb 2013

Bike
    2004 Yamaha R1
    Just booked for both days. Man what an ordeal. Had to sign up an account to yet another website, pretty cheeky really. Now just after a shared garage for both days, how bouts do I go that. Can we get in friday night does anyone know?

Bike
    Italian
    Shared garages are easy as — just $25 cash per day when you sign in. With regard to getting in on the Friday night, maybe flick the organisers an email: bikes (at) playdayontrack.co.nz.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX750-H1~2 (Pre 89 F1)

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    Looking positive thanks.
    Couple of things, do my 2 piece leather have to zip together, will I have to wear a back protector?
    Oh and can I run my 'cruiser' in the medium group?

Cheers
    Straight to the "FAST" group for you boyo...
    To finish first - first you must finish... Oh b.t.w, which way doe's Turn 1 go & whats the lap record...

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Sucks that you have to have leathers even for the cruiser or slow/novice group. I'd have considered this otherwise I think.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    CB1000R
    I see all days are now full apart from slow/novice riders groups on both days.. should both be good days as long as they have sorted out the track issues.

Bike
    2001 Ducati Monster S4

Track is fine

I sent an email to Hampton, regarding the problems with the repairs at the Classic Festival.
    That is the new seal being very fresh and slick.
    They have assured me they have been working very hard and will have the track in good condition for the weekend.
    Looking forward to it.

Bike
    CB1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by vinducati View Post
    I sent an email to Hampton, regarding the problems with the repairs at the Classic Festival.
    That is the new seal being very fresh and slick.
    They have assured me they have been working very hard and will have the track in good condition for the weekend.
    Looking forward to it.
    In all fairness i had a mate stop in pre the triumph days and got told the same thing.. will wait and see on the day.. here's hoping its in top condition!

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    Hi people, it’s all happening this weekend. The fast group and medium have sold out and only a few slow/novice spots left. The trade stands people are all organised and will be packing their vans to the hilt. The Cruiser group did not really work with numbers so we have made two free Cruiser Group sessions on the Saturday 1pm and 3.30pm approximately(Saturday only) The Cruiser groups will be restricted to road speeds and our roaming marshals shall be looking after the safety out on the track. Your normal riding clothing will be fine, full leathers recommended but not essential. We would love to have you out there

So just to recap

• Free Entry
    • Free Spectators
    • Free Track time (Saturday Only)
    • Free Live Band
    • Free Camping
    • And a bloody good time

With the Supertourers running on the circuit last weekend the track is great and those boys gave it a thrashing, the repairs have held up well and Hamptons have got on top of the problem.

We are going to have a awesome weekend

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    And yes camping and setup is from 5pm friday night. Hamptons have another booking on during the day on Friday so we can not gain access till 5PM Friday

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playday View Post
    Hi people, it’s all happening this weekend. The fast group and medium have sold out and only a few slow/novice spots left. The trade stands people are all organised and will be packing their vans to the hilt. The Cruiser group did not really work with numbers so we have made two free Cruiser Group sessions on the Saturday 1pm and 3.30pm approximately(Saturday only) The Cruiser groups will be restricted to road speeds and our roaming marshals shall be looking after the safety out on the track. Your normal riding clothing will be fine, full leathers recommended but not essential. We would love to have you out there

So just to recap

• Free Entry
    • Free Spectators
    • Free Track time (Saturday Only)
    • Free Live Band
    • Free Camping
    • And a bloody good time

With the Supertourers running on the circuit last weekend the track is great and those boys gave it a thrashing, the repairs have held up well and Hamptons have got on top of the problem.

We are going to have a awesome weekend
    So you're saying now the "Cruiser" group is *FREE*? Just to confirm... and what's the definition of "Cruiser" again? Just that it's restricted to road speed? Suits me fine I can't go much past that any way... I would just be wearing my two piece textiles and helmet, gloves of course..
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    So you're saying now the "Cruiser" group is *FREE*? Just to confirm... and what's the definition of "Cruiser" again? Just that it's restricted to road speed? Suits me fine I can't go much past that any way... I would just be wearing my two piece textiles and helmet, gloves of course..
    Yes thats it road speed, no heros just a cruise. and did I mention its FREE. No need to register just turn up on the day. Hyosung NZ are doing a ride out both days from Barrys Point Rd leaving there at 10.30am
    "textiles and helmet, gloves" and decent foot wear will be fine.

cheers
    Gary

Bike
    the best one
    Ok so I go to pay my $150 and see medium/fast groups are sold out. Jeesus. That quick!

I got a very quick R1, new sticky Michelins, one piece with new knee pads etc. Can I go with the slow pokes anyway? It's ok to overlap on the straights yeah? In Europe that was the standard if you got time poachers infront

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yes thats it road speed, no heros just a cruise. and did I mention its FREE. No need to register just turn up on the day. Hyosung NZ are doing a ride out both days from Barrys Point Rd leaving there at 10.30am
    "textiles and helmet, gloves" and decent foot wear will be fine.

cheers
    Gary
    Oops yea, boots! No need to register, that's good, but should we be there for the riders briefing? I know it's a cruisers group but maybe there's rules too? and what if you have too many ppl turn up? sorry for all the questions I'd like to go but wanna make sure before I arrange a sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilia_RS250 View Post
    Ok so I go to pay my $150 and see medium/fast groups are sold out. Jeesus. That quick!

I got a very quick R1, new sticky Michelins, one piece with new knee pads etc. Can I go with the slow pokes anyway? It's ok to overlap on the straights yeah? In Europe that was the standard if you got time poachers infront

I should think you might stress them out?

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    There will be a quick briefing prior to the 2 cruiser sessions just to reinforce that it is just a cruiser group, “track recognisance on a personal level” if you like. Not racing and you won’t need tyre warmers. If you haven’t been on the track at Hamptons before it is completely different from what you see on TV, you will love it. But be careful you could become addicted to Playdays.

No problem with questions

Bike
    Blog Entries
    There will be a quick briefing prior to the 2 cruiser sessions just to reinforce that it is just a cruiser group, “track recognisance on a personal level” if you like. Not racing and you won’t need tyre warmers. If you haven’t been on the track at Hamptons before it is completely different from what you see on TV, you will love it. But be careful you could become addicted to Playdays.

No problem with questions
    Been to HD a few times but never on the track. Been on Taupo though one time. Now I need to find another newbie to come with...

Thread Information