Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Big Bike Day Out Playday at Hampton Downs, 23-24 Feb 2013

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilia_RS250 View Post
    Ok so I go to pay my $150 and see medium/fast groups are sold out. Jeesus. That quick!

I got a very quick R1, new sticky Michelins, one piece with new knee pads etc. Can I go with the slow pokes anyway? It's ok to overlap on the straights yeah? In Europe that was the standard if you got time poachers infront
    Your R1 is an awesome bike but you really need to be in the Medium or Fast group. They are both fully booked and the Slow/Novice group does not sound it is the right place for you at all. So sorry buddy if we were to put you in slow/novice all as I can see is problems. Come for a ride out and have a look around so next time when you book early we will put you in the correct group and you can wear out your knee pads with others doing your speed.
    cheers

Bike
    06 zx10r
    can you also confirm what the deal is regarding licenses?my mate asked me the other day but didn't know what to tell him. he's wanting to head down for just a cruise round the track to see what its really like but his bike doesn't comply with his restricted license wont get in will he?that's what I told him anyway.cheers

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mhm View Post
    can you also confirm what the deal is regarding licenses?my mate asked me the other day but didn't know what to tell him. he's wanting to head down for just a cruise round the track to see what its really like but his bike doesn't comply with his restricted license wont get in will he?that's what I told him anyway.cheers
    There is no place better to ride than on a track on a new or larger bike, get the feel for it and enjoy rather than worrying about the oncoming traffic. Your friend is more than welcome.

Bike
    Masport
    Ok so I go to pay my $150 and see medium/fast groups are sold out. Jeesus. That quick!

I got a very quick R1, new sticky Michelins, one piece with new knee pads etc. Can I go with the slow pokes anyway? It's ok to overlap on the straights yeah? In Europe that was the standard if you got time poachers infront
    Yeah, me too mate, me and my R1 will dodging coppers once again instead, wife and I were going to camp too, oh well....

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry up View Post
    Yeah, me too mate, me and my R1 will dodging coppers once again instead, wife and I were going to camp too, oh well....
    You can still camp its free

Bike
    2010 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Playday View Post
    so we have made two free Cruiser Group sessions on the Saturday 1pm and 3.30pm approximately(Saturday only) The Cruiser groups will be restricted to road speeds and our roaming marshals shall be looking after the safety out on the track. Your normal riding clothing will be fine, full leathers recommended but not essential. We would love to have you out there
    I assume this isn't limited to a style of bike - but more a style of riding?

Nothing stopping someone (my wife) taking my bike (which is registered for the medium group while I am riding)?

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Filterer View Post
    I assume this isn't limited to a style of bike - but more a style of riding?

Nothing stopping someone (my wife) taking my bike (which is registered for the medium group while I am riding)?
    You are right, what ever the bike is fine but she may not want to give your bike back mate

Bike
    S1000RR
    If we are riding both days and will be in a garage can we leave bike/gear there overnight? Will it be locked up and safe?

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattc View Post
    If we are riding both days and will be in a garage can we leave bike/gear there overnight? Will it be locked up and safe?
    Lazy... I wouldn't... what if garage is already open when you get there in the morning? people are camping there / staying at accom. overnight... plenty of people about... perhaps that is the paranoid in me... I will help you get your bike back in the van, just not out again in the morning. Besides would insurance still apply if it gets pilfered there?
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    yeh me to for Slow novice??

Had to wait to see if my forks getting new seals would be ready? Have a mate from wellington doin karts on sunday so thought I might practice a few corners on the old SV.

Any spaces left??
    How many sessions in a day do you reckon Slow will get with 2 x road speed crusiers class sessions added and karts all on the program??
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mattc View Post
    yes if your doing both days we can put your gear in a garage over night and they do lock. I will unlock the garages at 7am on Sunday morning. cheers

Bike
    Raptor 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    yeh me to for Slow novice??

Had to wait to see if my forks getting new seals would be ready? Have a mate from wellington doin karts on sunday so thought I might practice a few corners on the old SV.

Any spaces left??
    How many sessions in a day do you reckon Slow will get with 2 x road speed crusiers class sessions added and karts all on the program??
    2 x road speed crusiers is only for Saturday and as playday only run 4 groups in total and Kartsport NZ have taken 1 of the 4 to host their national race meeting, so 5-6 session should not be a problem denpening on issue's

but in saying that all groups are now fully booked and a waiting list has been formed.

Bike
    only two more sleeps...
    can't wait!!!

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT

This thread has been up for a month or so. Updates on groups filling up. Snooze-lose I'm afraid.

Should be a good weekend for all.
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Playday View Post
    2 x road speed crusiers is only for Saturday and as playday only run 4 groups in total and Kartsport NZ have taken 1 of the 4 to host their national race meeting, so 5-6 session should not be a problem denpening on issue's

but in saying that all groups are now fully booked and a waiting list has been formed.

Are the karts running both days? Will you put two groups together to free up a session slot?

Cheers.
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Thread Information