Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda introduces new 500cc LAMS range

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Doh - it is not a sport bike - it is a learner bike. Sheeezzzzzz Go to America where you can learn on a Busa ......... a good way of improving the national IQ I suspect.

Prob here (and I'll eat my hat if proven wrong) is Bluewing will load the price up.

PLUS - when did you last see a young(ish) person getting into motorcycles - they pop down a grand of their hard earned McDonalds 'trainee manager' wages on a $10k Skyline and fill it up with preloaded likeminded mates.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Honda Australia have introduced a range of three new 500cc bikes spcifically for the LAMS market. They are the naked CB-500F, Sporty CBR-500 and the Adventure CB-500X. Rather than go into details, you can check out the full range on the dedicated website:

http://honda500.com.au/

If they're introduced into NZ they're certain to be a hit. Even the humble Suziki GS-500F isn't imported, which is silly as thy're such a great bike, especially now that LAMS is here in NZ.
    They'll probably be reasonably priced too, as the CB-400 Super Four was a tad expensive, even in Aussie dollars. However, the $17,495 pricetag for the 38Kw Ducati Monster 659 is plain silly! Honda here in NZ has such a dismal range available for new riders as well. Take a look at what is available from your Honda dealer in Oz if you're a new rider:

http://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Lear...ed_Motorcycles
    I was told by local bike shop that going have race series in the uk with these bikes

I read good preivews on them there a practicle sports comuteer not a cbr 600

designed to be good on mpgs and good price range

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    I wounder if their VT400cc cruser will become availabile. At the moment that market in vary much a desert, lyfin and yamaha seem to be all thats is availabile. If 750cc cruser is all we can get, and its reg is the same as a 1000+, then the obvious selection is the 1000+ for similar road costs. But as Im older, a 400cc crusier would be about the right thing for me. and honda's VT400 would suit me rather well. I have riden its bigger brother the VT750, and found it to be enjoyable for my size and age. But its full reg, may as well get a Harley....

Im talking a daily riding bike, Still enjoy my toy, the XS1100 Yammy...
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I still wonder were the hundreds of new riders itiching to buy a LAMS 500cc new bike are in NZ............. happy to be proven wrong. Unless they are well priced and new motorcyclists are supported by the bike shops with ride days, gear discounts, education etc the 80's heydays for motorcycle sales are gone until fuel prices force car owners back to two wheels.

Bike
    VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I still wonder were the hundreds of new riders itiching to buy a LAMS 500cc new bike are in NZ............. happy to be proven wrong. Unless they are well priced and new motorcyclists are supported by the bike shops with ride days, gear discounts, education etc the 80's heydays for motorcycle sales are gone until fuel prices force car owners back to two wheels.
    The ninja 300 seems to be selling quite well. And that's a $10,000 300cc LAMS bike. If the CBR is priced similarly and not 3x the US price as is usual, it could sell fairly well.

Although, I'm not sure where the extra 200CCs went. The Honda is 47 and the ninja is 40. Ninja weighs quite a lot less as well.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowerss View Post
    The ninja 300 seems to be selling quite well. And that's a $10,000 300cc LAMS bike. If the CBR is priced similarly and not 3x the US price as is usual, it could sell fairly well.

Although, I'm not sure where the extra 200CCs went. The Honda is 47 and the ninja is 40. Ninja weighs quite a lot less as well.
    The 300R thing is around 172kg wet according to teh gooooogles. So there's 20kg in it. The CBR500R is the same wet weight as my 20 year old 600 is but with less than half the powaah

I do not like the CBR moniker being stuffed on bikes with less than 4 cylinders though
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That's the thing - $10k will buy a 20 year old male a quick jap import car and he can carry around four of those muffin-topped, boob showing slappers that appear to be attracted to young men these days.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    That's the thing - $10k will buy a 20 year old male a quick jap import car and he can carry around four of those muffin-topped, boob showing slappers that appear to be attracted to young men these days.
    I'll take on any $10k car with a bike that owes me a lot less than that
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    I'll take on any $10k car with a bike that owes me a lot less than that
    Yes but you won't have a bike boobed, peroxide blonde, muffin-topped chiquita on the bike. That seems to be more important these days.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Yes but you won't have a bike boobed, peroxide blonde, muffin-topped chiquita on the bike. That seems to be more important these days.
    That's okay because the kitchen is at home

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Fair point. May I pop around for some eggs?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Fair point. May I pop around for some eggs?
    She would love that

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I suddenly feel like I'm being set up.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    ........boob showing? not to me they havent.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    '09 GSX-R750, '13 Hayabusa
    PLUS - when did you last see a young(ish) person getting into motorcycles - they pop down a grand of their hard earned McDonalds 'trainee manager' wages on a $10k Skyline and fill it up with preloaded likeminded mates.
    Actually there are young people getting into bikes, though we usually go for 2nd hand bikes. Either because we can't afford to buy new or to save our money for when we get our full (was a bit of both in my case).

Thread Information