Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies' leathers from where?

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX

Ladies' leathers from where?

Hi folks,

At the moment I have Teknic cordura gear that I really regret buying. It was always a bit loose, but now in summer without the inner liners it is really bulky and especially the elbow protectors have enough room to move around away from my elbows. It doesn't feel very safe anyway. Some of my friends back in Germany have really nice thick leathers and they feel so much more protective.

I don't really care that I have a tiny bike, I still want to have the best gear possible (that I can afford of course). Taupo is pretty useless for that kind of stuff. Any idea where to go? Ordering online won't help me much as I want gear that actually fits this time.

Many thanks for your help

Grashopper

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Go for a ride to the Naki (I think) and check these guys out, www.qmoto.co.nz

Primo service

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

Bike
    Hi Grizzo,

I had a look that the qmoto website before, but it doesn't look like they have anything for ladies specifically. Although the men's gear sounds quite good, if it hangs on me like my current oversized cordura jacket I'll provide to much wind resistance for my little GN

Hm, might give them a ring anyway. Haven't been in that area for years. And maybe there are some nice gear shops in New Plymouth in case I don't find anything.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Yep, ya never know what you might find.

Welcome to KB by the way!

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    What size are you, I have a brand new IXS 2 piece (made in Switzerland) ladies road suit (leathers) ...they are size 48 euro, make an offer

Bike
    R1
    Before you do anything compare the price. I just ordered a set of leathers from FC-moto in Germany. The same leathers here in NZ cost $500 dollars more. I don't get it, here in NZ leathers cost 40%-60% more than having them shipped from the other side of the earth. Makes no sense. As for getting the best fit, they have a size chart. Just make sure you take accurate measurements. You want a set of leathers that are tight to begin with and they will loosen up over time. Also, people have told me different ways they go about breaking them in. Not sure how well they work.

I would find a popular brand online first then try to find a shop local to try them on Alpinestars, Dainese ..etc..It will take a couple months to get here so, if you want it now, you might look local but expect to pay a premium. If you can wait, I would go with the name brands that have good quality control. You never now where these other leathers are made..maybe in someone's garage?

FC moto has everything in NZ dollars and the final amount is less then the listed price because they subtract out some taxes you don't have to pay being outside Europe. Be careful, you may have to pay GST through customs but, I didn't. Even if I did I would have save over $500. Just look first and then make your decision.

http://www.fc-moto.de/en_GB

Bike
    48 will be too large. I'm size 40 -42 (euro) usually.

Had quite a bit of trouble finding somewhat fitting pants last time, so I wouldn't buy anything without trying it anyway. But thank you very much for offering.

Bike
    Suzuki Intruder 250
    I just (today) bought the most amazing jacket!!

from a little Army Surplus shop in Onehunga Mall, on the corner, not far from Dress Mart

It is cut beautifully for my curves, has armour in the back, shoulder, and elbows, and a zipped inner winter liner

gorgeous fit

only cost me $299

I have seen similar ones in the Harley Davidson shop in Hamilton that sell for $700

worth a look

Bike
    1997 Ducati 900 Superlight
    Yep, the Army Surplus shop in Onehunga(top of the mall, on the left) has heaps of leather options to look at.

Bike
    Would love to see a pic of your jacket. Was thinking of going to Rotorua first (someone mentioned there was a good bike shop there somewhere) and then intended to go to Hamilton to stop at Boyds and possibly the Harley Davidson store. Onehunga is quite a bit further though. Not sure if it's worth it.
    Does is have a zip to zip it to some bike pants? Did they have pants to by any chance? It seems quite random to me that an army surplus would have bike gear, but maybe that is nothing unusual.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    1Tonne have an excellent reputation.
    http://www.1tonne.co.nz/

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I don't know no ladies who wear leathers.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    It was on the good
    Is the answer cows?

Bike
    15th Anniversary Speedtriple
    Have a look at Lifestyle Imports http://www.lifestyle-imports.co.nz/shop/ They are in Pukekawa (about 1hr north of Hamilton). Good prices and gear.
    Speeding Safely!

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...size-38-as-new

Just saying. Mint cond, only used once or twice and a big fit for a 38. Can come with matching qmoto gloves on negotiation, same colour as jacket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information