Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Ducati service options in Christchurch?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    1st February 2010 - 14:46
    Bike
    13 Husa TE250
    Location
    North Canterbury
    Posts
    6

    Ducati service options in Christchurch?

    Apart from Casbolts where can I take a late model Ducati for service in Christchurch?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    23rd February 2007 - 08:47
    Bike
    Suzuki gsxr 600k7. Hayabusa K9 DRZ250 K
    Location
    CHCH
    Posts
    1,906
    Duanes bikes n skis.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    18th October 2005 - 20:19
    Bike
    .
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,027
    Roger at Road and Race M/Cs in New Brighton

  4. #4
    Join Date
    7th February 2007 - 23:37
    Bike
    2004 Ducati 1000SS
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    2
    +1 for Roger at Road and Race Motorcycle Services. Had Duc serviced there last year - great service and very reasonable.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    23rd March 2007 - 22:40
    Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Location
    chch
    Posts
    2,028
    Hampton motorcycles will do it easy.
    Can I scream?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    11th June 2011 - 16:30
    Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Location
    palmerston north
    Posts
    1,505
    Blog Entries
    7

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by miSTa View Post
    Roger at Road and Race M/Cs in New Brighton
    Nice one my fav place in the world meaning the area

    Been reading about working going in chch whould love to go back

    Have been thinking about for last decade or more sick not having a

    Job But is the rental housing be impossible or so expensive ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    1st February 2010 - 14:46
    Bike
    13 Husa TE250
    Location
    North Canterbury
    Posts
    6
    ok thanks for the replies guys.
    I assume if there are this many options that there is no complicated setup for talking to the Bike computer and resetting service lights etc?

    Dave, you are confident that Hamptons can do the necessary valve train adjustments.. once again it seems pretty complicated to my simple mind!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    23rd March 2007 - 22:40
    Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Location
    chch
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    ok thanks for the replies guys.
    I assume if there are this many options that there is no complicated setup for talking to the Bike computer and resetting service lights etc?

    Dave, you are confident that Hamptons can do the necessary valve train adjustments.. once again it seems pretty complicated to my simple mind!
    mark in the workshop can do anything.
    Can I scream?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    17th September 2012 - 12:27
    Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Location
    chch
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    ok thanks for the replies guys.
    I assume if there are this many options that there is no complicated setup for talking to the Bike computer and resetting service lights etc?

    Dave, you are confident that Hamptons can do the necessary valve train adjustments.. once again it seems pretty complicated to my simple mind!
    Valve trains on all Ducatis are simple enough for those with the experience or those who have the willingness to be mentored by someone who has.

    The DDS (Ducati Diagnostic System) I think runs at about $8KUS so is probably only held by the larger dealerships if required.

    P

  10. #10
    Join Date
    17th September 2012 - 12:27
    Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Location
    chch
    Posts
    153

    Thumbs up Phil Sutton / eMoto

    One name missing from this list is 'Phil Sutton' of 'Desmocycle' who spanners for Pete at eMoto when Ducati expertise is required. He has been around Ducatis for ever (Sorry Phil!) and knows well what he is doing and has a shed full of spares. He recently did a restore on a Monster for me and has it running like a pussy cat even though a dealership failed to get it to start properly...

    P

  11. #11
    Join Date
    27th October 2010 - 11:21
    Bike
    '08 R6
    Location
    Auckland or Chch
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by pouakai View Post
    One name missing from this list is 'Phil Sutton' of 'Desmocycle' who spanners for Pete at eMoto when Ducati expertise is required. He has been around Ducatis for ever (Sorry Phil!) and knows well what he is doing and has a shed full of spares. He recently did a restore on a Monster for me and has it running like a pussy cat even though a dealership failed to get it to start properly...

    P
    Good to see eMoto sorted their shit out. When I asked about servicing my 2000 996 the mechanic said 'no one really works on them, they are so old'. Took my work to Hamptons. Ducatis, two strokes etc don't seem to worry them, and like Dave I can vouch for Marks skills.

    Duanes is also good, but I had a major issue with some work they did where they tightened the forks so much after new oil that they would not come apart, even with a rattle gun and heat. Had to buy new forks. That may have been a one off though, and not Ducati related.
    Arborist available - Will trade tree work services for bike parts or servicing! PM me...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    5th March 2007 - 18:08
    Bike
    GSXR
    Location
    AKLD
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by pouakai View Post
    The DDS (Ducati Diagnostic System) I think runs at about $8KUS so is probably only held by the larger dealerships if required.

    P
    I bet there's a chinese copy you can get for ~$100 landed in NZ via Hong Kong

  13. #13
    Join Date
    4th November 2003 - 13:00
    Bike
    BSA A10
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    12,060
    Quote Originally Posted by pouakai View Post
    One name missing from this list is 'Phil Sutton' of 'Desmocycle' who spanners for Pete at eMoto when Ducati expertise is required. He has been around Ducatis for ever (Sorry Phil!) and knows well what he is doing and has a shed full of spares. He recently did a restore on a Monster for me and has it running like a pussy cat even though a dealership failed to get it to start properly...

    P
    I can vouch for Phil as well, he's built a workshop at his place and is working from there, he did my Darmah back in the mid nineties and is currently doing a full rebuild on my MHR motor
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."


    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

  14. #14
    Join Date
    19th January 2006 - 19:13
    Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Location
    On any given sunday?
    Posts
    8,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I can vouch for Phil as well, he's built a workshop at his place and is working from there, he did my Darmah back in the mid nineties and is currently doing a full rebuild on my MHR motor
    Would be worth observing him working on that motor K,would be well interesting.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    4th November 2003 - 13:00
    Bike
    BSA A10
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    12,060
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Would be worth observing him working on that motor K,would be well interesting.
    I've already seen more of the inside of that motor than I'd like to
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."


    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •