Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ducati service options in Christchurch?

Bike
    13 Husa TE250

Ducati service options in Christchurch?

Apart from Casbolts where can I take a late model Ducati for service in Christchurch?

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Duanes bikes n skis.

Bike
    Roger at Road and Race M/Cs in New Brighton

Bike
    2004 Ducati 1000SS
    +1 for Roger at Road and Race Motorcycle Services. Had Duc serviced there last year - great service and very reasonable.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Hampton motorcycles will do it easy.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by miSTa View Post
    Roger at Road and Race M/Cs in New Brighton
    Nice one my fav place in the world meaning the area

Been reading about working going in chch whould love to go back

Have been thinking about for last decade or more sick not having a

Job But is the rental housing be impossible or so expensive ?

Bike
    13 Husa TE250
    ok thanks for the replies guys.
    I assume if there are this many options that there is no complicated setup for talking to the Bike computer and resetting service lights etc?

Dave, you are confident that Hamptons can do the necessary valve train adjustments.. once again it seems pretty complicated to my simple mind!

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I assume if there are this many options that there is no complicated setup for talking to the Bike computer and resetting service lights etc?

Dave, you are confident that Hamptons can do the necessary valve train adjustments.. once again it seems pretty complicated to my simple mind!
    mark in the workshop can do anything.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post

Valve trains on all Ducatis are simple enough for those with the experience or those who have the willingness to be mentored by someone who has.

The DDS (Ducati Diagnostic System) I think runs at about $8KUS so is probably only held by the larger dealerships if required.

P

Bike
    Ducatis,Ktms

Thumbs up Phil Sutton / eMoto

One name missing from this list is 'Phil Sutton' of 'Desmocycle' who spanners for Pete at eMoto when Ducati expertise is required. He has been around Ducatis for ever (Sorry Phil!) and knows well what he is doing and has a shed full of spares. He recently did a restore on a Monster for me and has it running like a pussy cat even though a dealership failed to get it to start properly...

P

Bike
    '08 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by pouakai View Post
    One name missing from this list is 'Phil Sutton' of 'Desmocycle' who spanners for Pete at eMoto when Ducati expertise is required. He has been around Ducatis for ever (Sorry Phil!) and knows well what he is doing and has a shed full of spares. He recently did a restore on a Monster for me and has it running like a pussy cat even though a dealership failed to get it to start properly...

P
    Good to see eMoto sorted their shit out. When I asked about servicing my 2000 996 the mechanic said 'no one really works on them, they are so old'. Took my work to Hamptons. Ducatis, two strokes etc don't seem to worry them, and like Dave I can vouch for Marks skills.

Duanes is also good, but I had a major issue with some work they did where they tightened the forks so much after new oil that they would not come apart, even with a rattle gun and heat. Had to buy new forks. That may have been a one off though, and not Ducati related.
    Arborist available - Will trade tree work services for bike parts or servicing! PM me...

Bike
    Gone
    The DDS (Ducati Diagnostic System) I think runs at about $8KUS so is probably only held by the larger dealerships if required.

P
    I bet there's a chinese copy you can get for ~$100 landed in NZ via Hong Kong

Bike
    BSA A10

P
    I can vouch for Phil as well, he's built a workshop at his place and is working from there, he did my Darmah back in the mid nineties and is currently doing a full rebuild on my MHR motor
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I can vouch for Phil as well, he's built a workshop at his place and is working from there, he did my Darmah back in the mid nineties and is currently doing a full rebuild on my MHR motor
    Would be worth observing him working on that motor K,would be well interesting.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Would be worth observing him working on that motor K,would be well interesting.
    I've already seen more of the inside of that motor than I'd like to
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information