Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So many choices

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by superjackal View Post
    There are plans to introduce courses which will reduce the time but nothing available yet. I reckon it'll take around, ooh, say... 18 months to come up with another curriculum? By which time.....

Actually they are available very soon. Click on the big banner in my signature, or visit www.rideforever.co.nz to find a provider in your area.

Sent from my Nokia using Tapa talk.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by lukemc1878 View Post
    they are focused on the CC over the power to weight ratio the sheer weight of some of the harley's compared to a 600cc honda cbr is insanity

Ummm, a CBR600 is NOT a LAMS approved bike, so not sure of your point.
    CBR500 is a very different machine....

Sent from my Nokia using Tapa talk.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    Ummm, a CBR600 is NOT a LAMS approved bike, so not sure of your point.
    CBR500 is a very different machine....
    Except just to confuse things, Honda is releasing a CBR650R (whether that moniker stays for NZ is unknown)... LAMS? Who knows...

Honda doesn't have nearly enough bikes in the mid range now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2005 LS650

Go the Striple.

I have fallen for these things, and that will certainly be my next move.

Bike
    Ducati M696
    I really wanna know if the CB650F will release in NZ. Anyone know?

man, do people jump from a GN250 to a big bike? I can imagine that going from a 20hp kitten to a much heavier 60+hp beast must be like learning to ride all over again.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkmorris25 View Post
    I can't believe that a 750 honda shadow is not in the lams, why not! power to ratio is fine! Why stop at a cc rating some of the 600cc are a faster and more dangerous, once again another rule that doesn't make it very fear for the road user come on guys can you get right for once, all your doing is following other rules made up by other country's (aus) less homework for the Nzta I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They might not have done a LAMS assessment on it yet ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    They might not have done a LAMS assessment on it yet ..
    745cc. It won't comply as it's over 660cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Quote Originally Posted by Larksea View Post

man, do people jump from a GN250 to a big bike? I can imagine that going from a 20hp kitten to a much heavier 60+hp beast must be like learning to ride all over again.
    I went to a 40hp Spada from a GN and that was a huge jump lol
    ---------------------------
    Disclaimer: Any lapses in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
    ---------------------------

Bike
    Ducati M696
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    I went to a 40hp Spada from a GN and that was a huge jump lol
    yeah vt250, my bike is not as bad as a GN its been a good learner bike and its about 26-27hp. its good because I can zip around town and cruise at 100-120 on the open road but I can't go apeshit on it.

I've got myself a project bike to fix up for when I get my full but its a 82 vf750 and should be around the 80hp mark.

Its probably a good thing the vf750 wont be ready to ride by the time i have my full in a couple months Gonna get my full, sell the vt250 get a cb500f, duke or an mt03 while I keep working on the vf750 get some more experience before I jump on something with 80 ponies that can hit 200k/h in a blink.

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane12 View Post
    If that's the case they probably aren't LAMS compliant then. The law states that it must be on the list AND comply with the 660cc limit AND the 150kw/t limit. So if it does not comply (either by mistaken addtion to list, or modifications) then no go. Also with mods, even if it keeps it inside the limits it's a no go. Any increase to power to weight rules it out. Until you get you full
    The funny thing about the RVF is that the NZTA go by the factory specified horsepower when deciding whether to add the bike to the LAMS list. As everyone knows, the factory specified horsepower of the RVF is quite a bit lower than what it's actually making in the real world. So in stock form with no modifications it's over the 150kw/t limit, but is still technically a LAMS bike.

Bike
    Yamaha MT-07 LA

CBR650R vs MT-09

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the CBR650R vs MT-09 as a second bike? I have an MT-07 LA now but already planning my next bike like everyone else haha. I think the CBR650R looks awesome, has 94Hp and 64Nm with a beautiful howl when you rev it up. The MT-09 is significantly more powerful at 115Hp and 88Nm but I’ve heard it’s a bit of a monster and I also don’t think it looks anywhere near as cool as the CBR650R. I’ve calculated power to weight ratios including my weight of approx 110kg with gear and the MT is next level powerful both for Hp and torque. They’re both similarly priced so even though the engines are different size I think they still both compete for my money. Another bike I’ve considered is the VFR800 but it seems to be a bit too heavy and not a huge amount of power but it does have some nice features and it’s an attractive bike. Thoughts?

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    MT-09 all the way mate-or better still XSR900-if you can find one.

Thread Information