Thread: any recommendations for a good long distance cruiser/daily work bike?

Bike
    2005 sukuk ign250

any recommendations for a good long distance cruiser/daily work bike?

Hi all, wanting to up-grade my bike as I have the bug now, I'm on my restricted so it has to be a lams bike. I have gn250 which is good for taking me to work and back but....I tried to go for a long ride one fine week-end and only made it as far as the red fox tavern before my ass got numb and my legs cramped up? can any one recommend a cruiser that I can do both with, I have $5000 in the bank plus my gn250 so it's not going to be a street 500 any recommendations would be great, thank you

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    the trick is to stop more often, or learn to stretch on the bike / stand on the pegs, touring bikes suck for commuting/lane splitting in city

if you're not dead set on the dreadful cruiser type of motorcycles, i'd look at a KLR650 or something -- really comfy / long range mile eater, LAMS and robust/reliable machine which you can go most places but still very good in the city
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...e5184d4d95-002

Bike
    KTM

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)

Get a car

I second the earlier post, make plenty of rest stops to stretch your legs. You might find a bike in your budget that's more comfy, but if you're on your lams it probably won't be that comfy, and you will be itching to upgrade when you get a full license.

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500

Blah Is this what you would like?

Lams approved cruiser, able do long rides and be nifty around town comfortable ride, able to keep up at the legal limit, reliable, looks good, and is inside the budget of most people? $10.5k new
    Does such a beast exist?
    I found mine 3 years ago, 16 k on the clock now, $400 for service, one set of tyres, a few personalisation's, Seat, baggage rack, saddle bags screen and hot grips, for under $1k total extra on top of purchase price.
    Happy as with it myself, no need to upgrade, suits my Rally riding, Sunday scoots and the shorter trips arounf town.
    But wait !
    Its a Harley Davidson.....ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo most of them only do 2k average a year!
    sorry
    It will not fit your needs,
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    One bike to do everything?

Try a DR-Z 400
    =mjc=

Thread Information