Thread: "Kiwis might fly" - Bike travel book

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX

"Kiwis might fly" - Bike travel book

Anyone read this book by Polly Evans? It's a travel biographie of this British lady who just got her motorbike license and decided to travel around New Zealand on a bike to find the last real men.

I loved the book even though the "trying to find the last real men" parts of the book had me rolling my eyes every now and then, the bike and the travel bits were awesome. As a learner myself I could identify with her fears and insecurities on a bike (she had rented a bigger bike "that had looked so good online but was huge and scary for her when she saw it in real life ) And having been to a lot of the places she wrote about in the book made it even more interesting for me, especially the additional, often historical information she added about these places.

Fun book I can really recommend. But I'm not a kiwi, so I would love to hear what you'all think about the book.

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    no but it sounds good!
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Honda Hornet
    Thanks for that Grashopper, I'm off to the library to see if I can find it. Sounds like it will be a great summer read and the motivation I need

Thread Information