Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle gear online shops - what is available?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Parlane View Post
    Not sure any merging needs to be done as hopefully I've done that already.
    If you were to sticky this someone needs to keep an eye out for additions or things that need to be removed/changed
    You've done a nice job. Merging an older thread with this one wouldn't work, as all posts are chronological (so it would be before yours).

I've stuck this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    BMW F800GS Touratech Special
    New Zealand Dealers with online stores

www.touratech.co.nz (Ship most of stock from Germany, hence not local)

What others do you know of?

I'm updating with suggested links.
    None of these sites are endorsed by me personally. You should still do your research on the trustworthiness of each site before making a purchase (especially overseas based stores).
    If sites shouldn't be here, aka scam customers or similar, please let me know. [parlane@gmail.com or ask a mod to remove it from the list]
    Hi guys, just to clarify...at Touratech NZ we carry a lot of stock here in NZ and are very local, we are not an overseas based store.

Nothing is shipped out of Germany, Germany is manufacturing and shipped to us in NZ as the local distributor. The kit we don't have in stock is normally for stock that has been sold out or special unique or rare orders...but just to clarify we do hold a lot of gear here in NZ (Primarily for the key brands and popular models and usually received here in NZ within 2 weeks)

For January we are also doing a special for Kiwibiker Members!!...10% off everything on our website as our opening special.

Over the next 6 months we will be appointing a dealer / reseller channel that you can obtain what you need within your region. We will update the site as this progresses.

Thanks all, great thread for people to find what they want for their machines :-)

TTNZ
    Last edited by Touratech; 12th January 2013 at 14:15.

Bike
    CBR250R '89 MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by Touratech View Post
    Hi guys, just to clarify...at Touratech NZ we carry a lot of stock here in NZ and are very local, we are not an overseas based store.

Nothing is shipped out of Germany, Germany is manufacturing and shipped to us in NZ as the local distributor. The kit we don't have in stock is normally for stock that has been sold out or special unique or rare orders...but just to clarify we do hold a lot of gear here in NZ (Primarily for the key brands and popular models and usually received here in NZ within 2 weeks)

For January we are also doing a special for Kiwibiker Members!!...10% off everything on our website as our opening special.

Over the next 6 months we will be appointing a dealer / reseller channel that you can obtain what you need within your region. We will update the site as this progresses.

Thanks all, great thread for people to find what they want for their machines :-)

TTNZ

I've updated the links to reflect your reply.

"Our intent is to hold as much local stock as possible however we will be shipping the majority of our stock in from Germany." <- is right there on your about us page, so you may want to change that if you now have most things locally
    edit: Oops you DO have a contact address / phone :P

Bike
    BMW F800GS Touratech Special

Red face

I've updated the links to reflect your reply.

"Our intent is to hold as much local stock as possible however we will be shipping the majority of our stock in from Germany." <- is right there on your about us page, so you may want to change that if you now have most things locally

Also you have no contact details that feature a New Zealand address or phone number.
    Contact number right there on the front page: 022 10 12 14 1 - we also have a PO Box mailing address here in NZ. As we are the distributor for Touratech we don't have a retail outlet so cannot post a physical address.

We do offer over 6000 line items so difficult to hold everything here in NZ...but we do hold the primary parts for the key models. We do ship the majority things in from Germany however as we build out profile demographic we will carry more and more of the relevant gear.

I suppose just clarifying, we are not overseas and we are local.

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    Maybe of interest to some is my range of motorcycle electrical components

In stock. In My south island warehouse and overnight delivery is available

Link to these on my trade me listings

Trade me member auricom0011
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Bike
    CBR250R '89 MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by Touratech View Post
    Contact number right there on the front page: 022 10 12 14 1 - we also have a PO Box mailing address here in NZ. As we are the distributor for Touratech we don't have a retail outlet so cannot post a physical address.

We do offer over 6000 line items so difficult to hold everything here in NZ...but we do hold the primary parts for the key models. We do ship the majority things in from Germany however as we build out profile demographic we will carry more and more of the relevant gear.

I suppose just clarifying, we are not overseas and we are local.
    Oops, very sorry. You are on the NZ local list anyway

Bike
    CBR250R '89 MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by gammaguy View Post
    Maybe of interest to some is my range of motorcycle electrical components

In stock. In My south island warehouse and overnight delivery is available

Link to these on my trade me listings

Trade me member auricom0011
    I've limited this thread to motorcycle gear, but what I really mean is motorcycle apparel?
    Also I decided I wasn't going to link Trademe as surely everyone knows about that one.

Bike
    2009 Harley Night Train

Motorcycle Alley - free classifieds, bikes , gear , parts, new and used

Motorcycle Alley has new and used bikes, parts, gear plus has listings for events, stolen bikes, bikes and parts wanted, clubs, dealers etc etc

Bike
    CBR250R '89 MC19
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Alley View Post
    Motorcycle Alley has new and used bikes, parts, gear plus has listings for events, stolen bikes, bikes and parts wanted, clubs, dealers etc etc
    I had a quick look and it would seem the gear area is best described as a Trademe* dedicated to motorcycles?

The list above I was thinking is best for eCommerce sites, sites dedicated to the sale of New motorcycle gear.

Trademe with only buy now*

Bike
    2009 Harley Night Train
    I had a quick look and it would seem the gear area is best described as a Trademe* dedicated to motorcycles?

The list above I was thinking is best for eCommerce sites, sites dedicated to the sale of New motorcycle gear.

Trademe with only buy now*
    Might pay to keep an eye on the motorcycle alley site - big things happening. , It has a dedicated new gear section for Guys and ladies. The aim is to have many retailers list on here so it is a one stop shop and buyers can access all products with ease, also links to retailers web sites and dealers/retailer links all here. Lhe dealers page area is similar to what you are trying to put together but more formalised. Cheers and all the best

Bike
    92 Bandit 250
    Thought I'd give a run down on the sites in the first post to help other in the market for new gear. I'm after a textile jacket....
    The quality of most of these websites is shocking I'm just getting back into biking since being a teenager and it's so frustrating trying to use these rubbish sites after spending most of my internet days buying guitar related gear from really good sites.

www.qmoto.co.nz
    ok, very little stock.

www.1tonne.co.nz
    good, easy to use.

http://www.motozone.co.nz
    ok. can't sort by price. no sizing charts.
    I got a pair of gloves off these guys. Courier left them in the mailbox (fastways)... manufacturers (which I had to find myself..) sizing chart said I was an XL based on palm width, they were way too small. They gave a full refund including post which was good of them.
    Incidentallly, all manufacturers should really take finger length into account on glove sizing charts, I'm an XL by palm size but need a 3XL to fit my fingers in.

www.torpedo7.co.nz
    Really really really good site. shame it's mainly pushbike gear

www.motomail.co.nz
    Easy to use. reasonable selection.
    Has generic sizing chart, not great.

The rest are freaking terrible, I wouldn't even bother...I feel bad for the people who paid money for these sites
    (none of the rest have sizing charts)

motorcyclegear.co.nz
    can't sort by price (well it says it can but fails..) can't see price until you go to item page..If you want to find something in your budget you must go to every items page to see it's price

www.bits4bikes.co.nz
    Terrible categorising, you can't view all jackets.. only all jackets produced by a single brand
    No prices until you click into the item..

www.motorcyclegearnz.com
    Doesn't appear to even sell online....
    same retarded pricing flaw as two above.

www.touratech.co.nz
    Jacket category appears to be well stocked (72 products).
    in reality it's 1 hood, 1 collar and 4 or so jackets shown in every size available
    They expect you to buy a 2.3k jacket with just the marketing spiel to go off. no sizing chart or specs

www.motoone.co.nz
    sim. to touratech; 91 jackets in category....but about 10 different jackets.
    The best feature is that you can sort all products by any one of 50ish colours...

www.cycletreads.co.nz
    terrible.

Why do they even bother? They're the equivalent of a brick and mortar shops where all the products are randomly mixed throughout the shop, no items have pricetags and you can't try anything on

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Thanks for the feedback about our site Fergus. Cheers

Bike
    92 Bandit 250
    You're welcome.
    Good to see your glove sizing takes hand length into account. If I had bought my gloves off your site I wouldn't have had the hassle I did with motozone..

However, I don't think I'll buy a jacket off you, your sizing chart only has chest size... It tells me to get a small and I'd guess it wouldn't fit so well on my 6ft (albeit slim..) frame...You can't get accurate sizing based on only one dimension, you need more measurements, height, arm length ect eg alpinestar's sizing chart.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    You're welcome.
    Good to see your glove sizing takes hand length into account. If I had bought my gloves off your site I wouldn't have had the hassle I did with motozone..

However, I don't think I'll buy a jacket off you, your sizing chart only has chest size... It tells me to get a small and I'd guess it wouldn't fit so well on my 6ft (albeit slim..) frame...You can't get accurate sizing based on only one dimension, you need more measurements, height, arm length ect eg alpinestar's sizing chart.
    Yes. Being 6ft and slim can be a big problem for a lot of people. Cheers

Bike
    92 Bandit 250
    It appears it's more a problem for you....I'll just buy from a site with better sizing charts, you've lost a sale

Thread Information