Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Motorcycle gear online shops - what is available?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    FC-Moto delivered me a new leather jacket a couple weeks back. Price was too good to go pass with 40 odd % discount followed by a 10% one day special off the discounted price. Took a couple weeks to turn up - the on-line courier tracker showed very quick exit from the supplied and then stuck in Frankfurt for ten days and suddenly delivered.

I will purchase off them again in the future.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I too bought a jacket off FC Moto and would consider them in the hopefully unlikely event I need another.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I've bought a few things from FC Moto. They are fine as long as you're not in a hurry. They have regular specials, so if you see something you want, get on their mailing list and wait for the right special to come along.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Bought a bit of stuff off these guys.
    http://www.sharkleathers.com.au/onli...clearance.html

Latest GP18 gloves. Always very good to deal with
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Bonneville
    Blog Entries

Resurgence Gear

One more outstanding protective brand - Resurgence Gear. They have some really good jeans and jackets.
    https://www.resurgencegear.co.nz/

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronkeller View Post
    One more outstanding protective brand - Resurgence Gear. They have some really good jeans and jackets.
    https://www.resurgencegear.co.nz/
    It's really interesting.

The CE standards have declined in quality over the years, as manufacturers have designed products to get better ratings, while compromising on the things that are not tested in the standard.

I happen to like the Resurgence gear. Just not sure it's the safest in the world, as they claim.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    It's really interesting.

The CE standards have declined in quality over the years, as manufacturers have designed products to get better ratings, while compromising on the things that are not tested in the standard.
    Any concrete proof to back up the claim at all? I'd imagine the Krauts and the Japs would take issue with that. Maybe I'm getting old but generally I'm suspicious of any manufacture that states they are the best at anything. Lately I've been getting back to basics of what I actually need to be relatively safe on a motorcycle in my little world.

Oh and I liked the Feminazi add on that site linked to from 2019.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Any concrete proof to back up the claim at all.
    The standard was so high at one stage that virtually no product got 5 stars. So they reduced the standard.

Now lots can meet the standard. They aren't any safer. The standard is lower.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    The standard was so high at one stage that virtually no product got 5 stars. So they reduced the standard.

Now lots can meet the standard. They aren't any safer. The standard is lower.
    Again concrete proof that that is the case please with regard to CE Standards. Articles, blog posts etc....

It either passes the standard or it doesn't. Same goes for aust and nz safety standards. A example is AS/NZS 1698 https://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov...lehelmets.html I'm quite happy to wear a new halmet on my motorcle that conforms to that Standard whether it cost $250 or $2500. My current helmet has a SAI Global sticker on it so obviously conforms to that standard. As for the star thing https://crash.org.au/ratings.php All those helmets still conform to the AS/NZS 1698 Standard but non seem to have gotten 5 stars overall, When you go to each helmet you will see a breakdown of each test and you will see 5 stars in various areas of protection which gives you an overall rating.

No dought the results will may shock some here but that is real data you are looking at.

We obviously know USA FAA standards have dropped because of the 737 Max saga.

Bike
    06 kawasaki zx10r
    I have been using kaitaia motorcycles a lot and they have been immensely helpful

Thread Information