Thread: '90s CR250?

Bike
    2006 CR250R

'90s CR250?

Hey all, i've not been on here for a while.

I'm interested in getting a 90s cr250 for doing local / out of town club level racing on.

I've already got 2006 model so for those that don't know me i'm competent to be riding one. : )

Ideally I think i'd like a 95 or 96, and I want to stick to steel frame

Tell me some reasons why or why not to do this, can they be quick by today's standards? What to look out for?

Cheers

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Good bikes, the 91 frame was a good un ((sorry not near my computer so can't check) but american dude. Top bloke kept the frame for 5 odd seasons
    The htpp gets sticky , kick starter ratchet wears and suspension needs tweak
    I'll post a photo of mine
    Good solid bike IMHO,
    When I get home , I'll update this post and add a photo
    Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d marge View Post
    Good bikes, the 91 frame was a good un ((sorry not near my computer so can't check) but american dude. Top bloke kept the frame for 5 odd seasons
    The htpp gets sticky , kick starter ratchet wears and suspension needs tweak
    I'll post a photo of mine
    Good solid bike IMHO,
    When I get home , I'll update this post and add a photo
    Stephen
    your thinking of the 93, Jeremy McGrath was said to have ridden that frame right tough to 96, and one of the reasons for leaving honda for 97 was he was going to have to ride the new alloy frame,

Bike
    2007 ktm 300exc
    Scott's correct on Jeremy McG view, on the 92-96 the bikes changed little over the years other than graffix and suspension updates.
    The only down sides can occur with any 20 yr old bike eg flogged linkages\bearings, worn out engine and suspension etc price is dependent on the bikes condition.

Thread Information