1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 63 of 458 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post

I think (Just as an idea) if you really did want to play with such a thing the compressor side of a tiny turbo would probably be worth looking long and hard at.
    normal Turbo spins to about 140,000 rpm not the 11,000-15,000rpm of a small 4 stoke

would have to gear it up heeps
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    A hyperbar engine would solve all the lag issues. But create new ones

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I would buy a XL100 first and supercharge it, then your FXR's would be in real trouble.

Supercharged Honda 50 http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/the%20bikes.html

Superchargers.

The smog pump - cheap and plentiful. Used on automobile engines since late sixties.
    The Aisin AMR300. From Subaru Kei- car - 660cc supercharged citycar.
    The KF Max10- 25. American aftermarket blower.
    The Hansen V12. Made especially for supercharging Kart- engines from 5- 20hp.

Thanks to TerraRoot for his post on the Blown FXR thread.

I have a new/refurbished smog pump off a big block chev.. I also have a reconditioned supercharger off a 660cc car, and I have a little tiny IHI turbo off a 660cc car as well. If you are serious about making a blown bucket you can have one. As long as I get a ride. The supercharger displaces 300cc/revolution supposedly.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    I have a new/refurbished smog pump off a big block chev.. I also have a reconditioned supercharger off a 660cc car, and I have a little tiny IHI turbo off a 660cc car as well. If you are serious about making a blown bucket you can have one. As long as I get a ride. The supercharger displaces 300cc/revolution supposedly.
    Now I am torn, I have a RG50 rolling chassis setup with TZR wheels and was going to make a RG50 F5 racer. But a supercharged 100 is becoming realy compelling. I would need some Honda SL XL 100 engines and engine parts though.

In the 70s/80s I had quite a bit of experiance with Roots type and Shoric vane superchargers and have an idea of their potential. I would be interested in talking with you about the supercharger from the 660cc car.

Even if I make a supercharged 100, I am not planning on giving up on the two stroke.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I would need some Honda XL 100 engines and engine parts though.
    Try Diesel Pig he has one I don't think he is going to use
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    2005 Custom Moped
    talking up a storm
    just to keep warm

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by craisin View Post
    talking up a storm
    just to keep warm
    Yep the excitment of talking up a storm sure keeps you warm. Looking for a Honda CL, SL, XR motor and/or motor parts.

Bike
    Tomas thinks we have got a little off track here. He said that as the current GP125 is making about 20ps at 11,000 then the inlet port must be passing some air. He suggested we port a cylinder to the same specs as the RS125 Cylinder and the current pipe that was made to the old RM125 specs is designed to peak at about 10,000rpm. But the current 81 ATDC Exhaust timing is pushing the peak to 11,000.

He pointed out by changing the exhaust timing and dropping 1,000rpm we may not lose too much off the top if any by getting the power peak closer to the optimum revs for the inlet port-time/area constrant in Jennings graph. Also with the milder modern porting we will probably pick up a lot broader power band and even more so if we go on to make a new pipe in the modern style.

Today Tomas spent the afternoon looking at one of the spare barrels.

Pic-1 Tomas is blueing the barrel so he can mark the port heights.
    Pic-2 the Honda RS125 Specs.
    Pic-3 Tomas has used a degree wheel to set the piston position in degrees ATDC he wants and is scribing a line to show the correct port positions.
    Pic-4 working from the top he cuts the port edge up to the line Pic-5.
    Pic-6 working inside with a dremmel and riffler files bent to the finished angle of the port he blends the port edge back to the transfer duct to achieve the port (axial) upswept angle of 30 degrees for the main transfers that he wants.

There was surprisingly little metal removed but it was slow careful work it will take the rest of the week or so to complete it. Tomas says it,s most important to get the ports symmetrically even.

The other area to pay attention to is the MSV for combustion chamber turbulence and combustion dynamics and unmasking the transfers.

Bike
    2005 Custom Moped
    well i have a air-conditioning compressor off a yank tank i presume
    i bought off a guy i met at a swap meet for $10 to make a compressor as i bought an older type tire changing machine too.
    i sold the tire machine maybe 15 years ago.
    I have had thoughts of supercharging bike engine with it but it has a oil sump and this other guy had one the same on his V8 powered landcruiser to pump up tires
    that guy told me he had to use a special oil with it as your liable to get explosions.
    it has a electric clutch on it.
    I would think it was more suited to a sidecar or trike as the dont get the extreme angles that bikes get
    you can have it if it cheers you up PM me if your keen

Bike
    1970 Vespa ss90
    Tomas thinks we have got a little off track here. He said that as the current GP125 is making about 20ps at 11,000 then the inlet port must be passing some air. He suggested we port a cylinder to the same specs as the RS125 Cylinder and the current pipe that was made to the old RM125 specs is designed to peak at about 10,000rpm. But the current 81 ATDC Exhaust timing is pushing the peak to 11,000.

He pointed out by changing the exhaust timing and dropping 1,000rpm we may not lose too much off the top if any by getting the power peak closer to the optimum revs for the inlet port-time/area constrant in Jennings graph. Also with the milder modern porting we will probably pick up a lot broader power band and even more so if we go on to make a new pipe in the modern style.

Today Tomas spent the afternoon looking at one of the spare barrels.

Pic-1 Tomas is blueing the barrel so he can mark the port heights.
    Pic-2 the Honda RS125 Specs.
    Pic-3 Tomas has used a degree wheel to set the piston position in degrees ATDC he wants and is scribing a line to show the correct port positions.
    Pic-4 working from the top he cuts the port edge up to the line Pic-5.
    Pic-6 working inside with a dremmel and riffler files bent to the finished angle of the port he blends the port edge back to the transfer duct to achieve the port (axial) upswept angle of 30 degrees for the main transfers that he wants.

There was surprisingly little metal removed but it was slow careful work it will take the rest of the week or so to complete it. Tomas says it,s most important to get the ports symmetrically even.

The other area to pay attention to is the MSV for combustion chamber turbulence and combustion dynamics and unmasking the transfers.

AH, This is great!

Teezee, can you ask Thomas if he knows "Hai" and "bong" (yea, yea, funny names) from saigon... (I know them well...been copying things from over here for a few years now, some of it mine....oddly enough, one of these guys used to live in the same town I currently live in......) Interesting stuff, him coming back from "Nam" with some very familure "techniques" (and ideas)

An Rs125 cylinder you say...... changed port angles?

I am fully impressed with the protractor used to measure the cut of the port angles

Ich habe nie den gesehen, der vorher getan wird!

I'll wonder if he has a new exhaust design as well

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post
    I'll wonder if he has a new exhaust design as well
    How many million people are there is Siagon? and how many motor scottors? I think he prety much understood all this before but was waiting for me to catch up. He's a clever chap, he managed to get to Indonesia when he was 13 and worked as an apprentice motorcycle mechanic, later returned to Vietnam to work with his father hand making watches and clocks before coming to New Zealand. He speeks several languages.

Yes he has a chamber design to try but everything takes time. The plan is:- Test bike as is for a base line and try a retarding ignition, modify and test the new cylinder with original RM-Spec pipe. Other projects are a new pipe and investigating alternative fuels like Shell 98, Mobile 1000 and Gull, straight and blended with Av Gas. Looking to retard the ignition some more and for better throttel response. Later when the motor is stripped to fit the new 1st gear we will be able to raise the primary compression.

Bike
    1970 Vespa ss90
    How many million people are there is Siagon?

Yes he has a chamber design to try but everything takes time. The plan is:- Test bike as is for a base line and try a retarding ignition, modify and test new cylinder with original RM-Spec pipe. Other projects are a new pipe and investigating alternative fuels like Shell 98, Mobile 1000 and Gull straight and blended with Av Gas. Looking to retard the ignition some more and for better throtel response.

Please don't take it personally Teezee, it's not aimed at you. I just read in one post from you what I have been writing (with broad hints rather than instructions) for the last 100 posts or so.

I have had a 2 designs STOLEN from me by some "dudes" in Saigon (and so have some very very very clever people her in Germany) and after a while it has gotten hard to swallow.

The guy I mentioned simply said to me

" We copy everything"

Lets get real though, is it really likely that some "guys" in Saigon came up with the techiniques you just photographed?

NOT REALLY.

Rant over anyway.

I will be interested to see what Thomas come up with.........

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post
    Lets get real though, is it really likely that some "guys" in Saigon came up with the techiniques you just photographed?

NOT REALLY.
    They did chase the bigest military power on earth out of their country with little more than sharpend bambo sticks. It would be a mistake to under estimate them.

They do have access to the net and can read SAE papers in English and French no problem. And there are a gazillion motorscottors to practice on.

Tomas is probably more concerned about you stealing his ideas for profit as although you have coverd a lot of material that is in the public domain you have shared very little of substance of your own.

He has consistantly shown what, why and how of every thing he has done, its the Bucketeer way.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    lets not start another war
    (sharp bambo stick)

( U.S.A U.S.A )

BOOM........................................

watch out they will send all there PIG farmers (With colds) to see you.
    and a few surviving chicken farmes for good measure
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    How much does the air in a 100 foot cube weigh?

The answer is in the next post.

Thread Information