Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Possible to get rid of corrosion on my GN250?

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Be careful going any lower, you could end up scratching the shit out of it.
    I'll get some 300 and 400 also
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    had a go for a lil bit given up for the night lol need some more 400 I might get a more coarse one cause i found it's hard for me
    Yep it's a chore alright. Here are the ones I did. Plus you can use paint stripper to clean the inside incl the sight glass. like new!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e4.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	276964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	276965  
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Yep it's a chore alright. Here are the ones I did. Plus you can use paint stripper to clean the inside incl the sight glass. like new!
    wow what was your exact method?
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Kwaka
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Front guard: clean polish the chip, then clear nail polish on it

Exhaust: scotchbrite pad and autosol
    Thank you!
    "This is not a car."

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Paint 'em black, worked nice on mine Attachment 276764

How in the hell do you get into the fins and clean up the alloy I want clean up my xr 200 barrell

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

I know This bit late but i got good as that with buffer wheel and some godards glow on my cbx

400 years ago they look great but i had keep buffing as didnt use any clear coat

Oh yes u attach the buffer wheel to common electric drill (mind u it flicks of so ur get dirty ;-(

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    wow what was your exact method?
    Paint stripper. Wet and dry sandpaper used wet in a plastic bath thing half full of water. Start with coarse and go finer etc. then finish on a bench grinder with stitch rag mop and general polishing soap progressing to loose linen mop with fine compound. So you would need to spend prob about 150 on a grinder and prob another 100 on the polishing setup. I have done quite a lot of it tho so it was well worth the spend. Forklegs etc.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

ill try and go to mitre 10 (??) today after work if I have time, if not maybe some other time this week, sandpaper doesn't cost feck all does it?
    I went to one dollar style shops and got pack sand paper for 3 bucks higest was 400 i think

But still value

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Paint stripper. Wet and dry sandpaper used wet in a plastic bath thing half full of water. Start with coarse and go finer etc. then finish on a bench grinder with stitch rag mop and general polishing soap progressing to loose linen mop with fine compound. So you would need to spend prob about 150 on a grinder and prob another 100 on the polishing setup. I have done quite a lot of it tho so it was well worth the spend. Forklegs etc.
    yes +1 mate

you need the buffer to finish the job but u can also use electric drill i just buffered my cbx

Alt cover mind you was newish bike didnt have to use any sand paper, just polishing compond.

At ececticplater job they had as like a stick ,i found autosol is okay but much better out there

Unless the alloy pitted u dont need to use sandpaper i cut through clear coat with buffing

Bike
    Blog Entries

hmm nah not gonna happen but good to know for the future lol

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post

How in the hell do you get into the fins and clean up the alloy I want clean up my xr 200 barrell
    I used a dremel after painting on some strange alloy cleaning acid stuff turns out it's cheaper to use a grunty oven cleaner though

Invaluable gear when you polish as much shit as I do...
    hmm nah not gonna happen but good to know for the future lol
    You'll get it as shiny as his LHS cover pictured by hand and with a proper alloy polish (even Autosol, with genuine elbow grease) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image177.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	735.6 KB 
ID:	276967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image136.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	655.4 KB 
ID:	276968 both of these are almost finished at time of pic and completely by hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I think my flatmate might help me take the covers off tomorrow. can anyone offer any advice when taking the covers off? also, torque setting?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I think my flatmate might help me take the covers off tomorrow. can anyone offer any advice when taking the covers off? also, torque setting?
    Safer to do it with them in place. No broken bolts/screws ... or need to remember where everything goes.

And if plans change or distractions arrive ... no vital bits get lost.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Safer to do it with them in place. No broken bolts/screws ... or need to remember where everything goes.

And if plans change or distractions arrive ... no vital bits get lost.
    I find it hard to do with it on I can't reach the little nooks and crannies?

Thread Information