Thread: Lower North Island accommodation?

Bike
    1984 BMW

Lower North Island accommodation?

Hi

Me and my two sons enjoy a night away together, somewhere special to polish of a bottle of Whisky and a few cigars. Does anyone tell me of a place in the lower north island the three of us could stay reasonably cheap and out in the sticks? Like a cottage or shearers quarters, off the beaten track. About a days ride from Wellington?

Kim

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    None any more
    There's usually an empty car crate at the Palmerston North tip.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Hornet 250, VFR800
    Bring a tarp and two pegs....attach one side to bike other side peg to the ground...Hey Presto you have a tent/motorcycle alarm because if they try and steal it you won't have a tent no more!@#!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    "lower north island" is a bit broad.

if you have a 4x4, there's a few tracks and huts through the tararuas you can drive to and make noise without offending anyone, if you're keen on a walk (or know someone with a horizons master key) you can go piss in palmerston north's water supply, too.

Bike
    A
    Sorry for perhaps stating the obvious, but to most of us when you mention "a days ride from Welly" we start thinking north of Whangarei...or is that just me?

Or to think of your style of "gentlemans' quarters" I'd be looking at massage parlours...might as well get the full service to go with that bourbon and cigar huh?

Thread Information