Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best exhaust?

Bike
    ducati 900ss f650
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Try Cycleworks? They are in wellies I think?
    Up the akas

http://www.cycleworks.co.nz/

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    LAM's motorcycles must remain stock standard to retain approved status. No modification to increase the power to weight ratio is allowed.
    FJ, I keep saying this all over the forum, the CB400 water cooled bikes (the post 92 CB400 Super Four and VTEC) are NOT LAMS legal. But due to nobody looking at the CC rating, everyone thinks they are

As for mufflers, no it's not really going to give you a heap of power, but on a VTEC model with a slip on, re-jet and decent air filter you should be seeing around 55rwhp, factory they manage 52-53rwhp.
    Something nicely made, like a Neptune muffler would suit it, there's a huge amount of after market parts overseas you could import too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2007 GSXR 1000
    [QUOTE=ducatilover;1130499652]FJ, I keep saying this all over the forum, the CB400 water cooled bikes (the post 92 CB400 Super Four and VTEC) are NOT LAMS legal. But due to nobody looking at the CC rating, everyone thinks they are

If that is the case why does the lams approved motorcycles list include the CB400SF and the CB400F at 408cc as approved?

(sorry thread hijacking a bit)

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongolian View Post

If that is the case why does the lams approved motorcycles list include the CB400SF and the CB400F at 408cc as approved?

(sorry thread hijacking a bit)
    The Watercooled post 92 are 399cc, the ealy CB400 etc are 395 and 408 respectively.
    The CB400 Super Four Project Big 1 (bloody mouthful, that's the 92 onwards, I had one) tip in at 152kw/tonne by LAMS rules. The VTEC, in the real world is more too.
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongolian View Post
    In regards to this improved power to weight ratio in for LAM's, how exactly are they going to test for this?

Is it just if you modify your bike you are no longer approved? (as im sure in a lot of cases just putting on a new exhaust is not gonna give you more power without some changes to the fueling?)
    Or are they actually going to implement some sort of certification system similar to what they do with cars?

As i know if I was still a learner I wouldn't want to have to stick with a stock can as in most cases you just want something louder so that other traffic notices you.
    Easy answer, is if your bike is 251cc-649cc, if it has any modifications, it isn't LAMS legal. End of.

250s can have pipes and whatever, but if its a LAMS bike over 250ccs, it cannot have *ANY* modifications. Thats how they got out of dealing with roadside testing. If it's modified it's not legal.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowerss View Post
    Easy answer, is if your bike is 251cc-649cc, if it has any modifications, it isn't LAMS legal. End of.

250s can have pipes and whatever, but if its a LAMS bike over 250ccs, it cannot have *ANY* modifications. Thats how they got out of dealing with roadside testing. If it's modified it's not legal.
    I have a 250cc bike that's kind of slightly 589cc, can I be LAMS legal?

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    ducati 900ss f650
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    If it has the 250 stickers it's ok

Bike
    VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Depends on what your rego sticker says!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    It says 250. So it's legit as, nobody will notice...

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information