Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best exhaust?

Bike
    Honda CB400 SF

Best exhaust?

Hi guys (and girls), I have a 2000 Honda CB400 Super four (vtec model) and was wondering what you guys think the best option would be for an exhaust replacement (currently factory). I wouldnt want it really loud but not too quiet either haha, any suggestions? And would it increase horsepower?

cheers.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    On your full license are you .. ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Honda CB400 SF
    nope im on my restricted

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    LAM's motorcycles must remain stock standard to retain approved status. No modification to increase the power to weight ratio is allowed.

Bike
    TF125
    So long as your new pipe doesn't have a Yoshimurakrapovic sticker all over it no cunt's going to give a toss. Make sure you buy locally.

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    LAM's motorcycles must remain stock standard to retain approved status. No modification to increase the power to weight ratio is allowed.
    Fun police

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Oh no 2 years of a bog stock 250cc. I was hoping to (maybe later) re-jet and add a slip on since I couldn't get an R6 on my restricted. Fucking Lams. It does make sense though but 2 years on a stock 250cc? Its plenty fast for me now but the day will come when I'll crave some real power.

Bike
    VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR250 View Post
    Oh no 2 years of a bog stock 250cc. I was hoping to (maybe later) re-jet and add a slip on since I couldn't get an R6 on my restricted. Fucking Lams. It does make sense though but 2 years on a stock 250cc? Its plenty fast for me now but the day will come when I'll crave some real power.
    A) You won't get any more power out of a 250 no matter what,

and B) if you read LAMS shit, they don't care about pipes and whatnot on 250s. Basically, 250s you can do whatever to (pipes rejetting ect blah blah ), but anything 251cc-660cc you have to leave stock.

Short of throwing a new motor in there entirely, you realistically can't get a 250cc 4stroke motor over the 250kw/tonne limit.

PS is your bike even working yet?

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    double post again - how the hell did I do that?
    Last edited by SNF; 2nd February 2013 at 18:24. Reason: double post again - how the hell did I do that?

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Yeah its not perfect but its ride able been to work on it a few times. Better than it has been that's for sure Saving to fix it properly once and for all (I hope).

Bike
    Honda CB400 SF
    Shit i didnt even think that modifying it would be an issue, but i guess it makes sense, will just have to wait till i can buy a kawa z750

Cheers guys.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowerss View Post
    ... B) if you read LAMS shit, they don't care about pipes and whatnot on 250s. Basically, 250s you can do whatever to (pipes rejetting ect blah blah ), but anything 251cc-660cc you have to leave stock....
    I've never seen this mentioned anywhere. Where did you read this?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    I've never seen this mentioned anywhere. Where did you read this?
    http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/gett...torcycles.html

LAMS-approved motorcycles

From 1 October 2012 the following motorcycles are approved for use by Class 6 learner and restricted licence holders.

LAMS-approved motorcycles include:

All motorcycles with engine capacities of 250cc and under, except for those on the LAMS-prohibited list above.

Fully electric powered motorcycles with a power-to-weight ratio of 150 kilowatts per tonne and under (this includes all fully electric powered motorcycles registered on New Zealand's Motor Vehicle Register as of 1 June 2012).

All motorcycles manufactured prior to 1960 with an engine capacity of 660cc and under.

The following list of motorcycles with engine capacities between 251cc and 660cc - these motorcycles must be in standard form as produced by the manufacturer. They cannot be modified in any way to increase the power-to-weight ratio.

Bike
    2007 GSXR 1000
    In regards to this improved power to weight ratio in for LAM's, how exactly are they going to test for this?

Is it just if you modify your bike you are no longer approved? (as im sure in a lot of cases just putting on a new exhaust is not gonna give you more power without some changes to the fueling?)
    Or are they actually going to implement some sort of certification system similar to what they do with cars?

As i know if I was still a learner I wouldn't want to have to stick with a stock can as in most cases you just want something louder so that other traffic notices you.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Try Cycleworks? They are in wellies I think?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information