Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Competely noob towards all things bike

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    I presume you passed? Must be your learners theory today too?

Sad, both of you guys have pretty sakis, I have an aesthetically unpleasing ginny
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post

Sad, both of you guys have pretty sakis, I have an aesthetically unpleasing ginny
    Nah this is an aesthetically unpleasing Ginny
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OOTP-Screencap-Reducto-ginervra-ginny-weasley-1628131-1024-768.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	230.0 KB 
ID:	278468
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Hornet 250, VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzano View Post
    See with bikes like this we should organize rides again for us newer people

Also cam just got my licence in the mail and trust me if I was fine you are now probably waiting for the same :-)

They take around 2 weeks to post em

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    I'll be keen to join in...Moving up to North Shore end of feb...

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki ER6N-RR Ongoing project

I think we should start a thread for newbie rides and who ever is available that particular weekend can cruise

And a ginny is a good starting point who cares about looks it's what feels right for the person I like to think of my bike as an extension of me therefore it must feel right to me :-)

And I bet he passed look at the incentive he has a nice ninja waiting to be ridden

Sent from one of those devices

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTengTheory View Post
    I'll be keen to join in...Moving up to North Shore end of feb...
    I live twenty minutes from the shore so would be good if a couple more are keen I'll start a new thread

Also that picture = lmao

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind going on the occasional ride with a newbie but TBH I am a little dubious. Only because we are exactly that... Newbies I mean, and I don't want to learn any bad habits or technique (nor do I want anyone learning mine) so do prefer to ride with more experienced riders. So yea, don't mind the occasional ride, but a group of newbs? I dunno, haha.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    NOS induced ninja ex250
    Blog Entries
    Haha yep passed my bhs last night (the woman was such a cow, but the husband passed me so )

And aced the test this morning 35/35, took my licence so no pub/clubbing for me for a few weeks :P

As for setting up a group, im keen! I dont mind riding with other newbies, bosslady does have a point, maybe it doesnt have to be exclusive, but more inclined to help newbies out with a few of the experienced fullas in lead. Whatever it is i needa get some experience down so im keen for whatever we can come up with.

And the photo makes it look better than in is, it hides the bloody white stone scratches it has on the bottom of the fairings

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam_NZ View Post
    Haha yep passed my bhs last night (the woman was such a cow, but the husband passed me so )

And aced the test this morning 35/35, took my licence so no pub/clubbing for me for a few weeks :P

As for setting up a group, im keen! I dont mind riding with other newbies, bosslady does have a point, maybe it doesnt have to be exclusive, but more inclined to help newbies out with a few of the experienced fullas in lead. Whatever it is i needa get some experience down so im keen for whatever we can come up with.

And the photo makes it look better than in is, it hides the bloody white stone scratches it has on the bottom of the fairings
    It would be worth going to a NASS or SASS (???) for a good mix of newbies/semi experienced/really experienced peeps. Maybe not tonight though... it's raining pretty hard hahahaha.

Who did you do your BHS with? You can PM me if you don't want to say, I am curious however.

Bike
    NOS induced ninja ex250
    Blog Entries
    It would be worth going to a NASS or SASS (???) for a good mix of newbies/semi experienced/really experienced peeps. Maybe not tonight though... it's raining pretty hard hahahaha.

Who did you do your BHS with? You can PM me if you don't want to say, I am curious however.
    NASS and SASS stand for??

And went to Rider training. The guy was a real gc, showed me what i should be doing while the people before me were doing there lesson on how to do it. I went the wrong way on 2 i think and he just got me to go back around and passed me. So cool dude, just a bit of a snotty wife :P

Bike
    Blog Entries
    NASS and SASS stand for??

And went to Rider training. The guy was a real gc, showed me what i should be doing while the people before me were doing there lesson on how to do it. I went the wrong way on 2 i think and he just got me to go back around and passed me. So cool dude, just a bit of a snotty wife :P
    North Auckland Street Skills or South Auckland Street Skills. You'll find the threads in here somewhere http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/fo...ngs-and-Events
    I got some great tips/tricks etc. but as with everything, take it with a grain of salt/pick and choose what you feel is right from there and even better, ask questions later on here or do your own further research. It would be well worth getting some extra tuitition, it may just help you get *there* quicker in terms of learning things/upping your skill JMO.

Also, I went to them also and I really liked both of them and they have been so friendly and supportive via email (although I don't really email them anymore, but when I first started etc.). I did have Steve though who trained me, think I had 2-3 lessons incl. my BHS. He is super thorough and spends so much time on people, well he did with me anyway, to help me pass/get my confidence up but it means he runs late because of it and the people after have to wait a little longer hahaha. I think I made some poor guy wait at least an extra half hour because Steve was taking his time with me.

Bike
    NOS induced ninja ex250
    Blog Entries
    North Auckland Street Skills or South Auckland Street Skills. You'll find the threads in here somewhere http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/fo...ngs-and-Events
    I got some great tips/tricks etc. but as with everything, take it with a grain of salt/pick and choose what you feel is right from there and even better, ask questions later on here or do your own further research. It would be well worth getting some extra tuitition, it may just help you get *there* quicker in terms of learning things/upping your skill JMO.

Also, I went to them also and I really liked both of them and they have been so friendly and supportive via email (although I don't really email them anymore, but when I first started etc.). I did have Steve though who trained me, think I had 2-3 lessons incl. my BHS. He is super thorough and spends so much time on people, well he did with me anyway, to help me pass/get my confidence up but it means he runs late because of it and the people after have to wait a little longer hahaha. I think I made some poor guy wait at least an extra half hour because Steve was taking his time with me.
    Ok maybe it was just my doing in turning up too early. The guy was great though!

I might see about going to NASS or something, but I would rather go for cruises with some helpful experienced people giving me tips etc.

Will see how I go anyway, for now its just city cruises and maybe a trip out to kawakawa.

Bike
    Hornet 250, VFR800
    Ok maybe it was just my doing in turning up too early. The guy was great though!

I might see about going to NASS or something, but I would rather go for cruises with some helpful experienced people giving me tips etc.

Will see how I go anyway, for now its just city cruises and maybe a trip out to kawakawa.
    I'm keen...I find seat time helps the most. First weekend I'll probably be heading back to palmy for an event but the weekends after I'm thinking about a coro loop day trip.

Bike
    NOS induced ninja ex250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTengTheory View Post
    I'm keen...I find seat time helps the most. First weekend I'll probably be heading back to palmy for an event but the weekends after I'm thinking about a coro loop day trip.
    Yeah coro sounds really good! i know heaps of spots through thames and what not to stop at aswell if you're the type of person thats keen on site seeing and waterholes etc.

Also looking at doing a trip up north somewhere. i've never been past whangarei so would be a good experience

Bike
    Yeah coro sounds really good! i know heaps of spots through thames and what not to stop at aswell if you're the type of person thats keen on site seeing and waterholes etc.

Also looking at doing a trip up north somewhere. i've never been past whangarei so would be a good experience
    I was looking at a trip to kerikeri and back
    I will start a thread for all newbie riders who want to go for a weekend cruises including myself

I have to wait till the 28th for my bike but can join you guys after that :-)

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Maha regularly runs weekend learner rides, 3 or 4 a year I think. Well worth getting out there and seeing the country side.

Last L ride: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...b-9-10%29-2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information