Thread: Brakes "Clicking" under braking

Bike
    1990 Honda CBR250RR MC22

Brakes "Clicking" under braking

Hey guys,

Picked up a CBR250rr MC22 a few weeks back. Has been awesome however i have noticed that under braking i can hear and feel a sort of clicking noise on the front bars which only ever happens when braking under 50KMph. Just wanting to know if its the pads in need or replacing? (Just had the rear brake bled from Cyclespot).

Thanks,
    eSOL

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Google how to check your steering head bearings
    Check your calipers are tight
    Check the pads aren't wobbling around in the caliper, they should have retaining clips.
    Check everything is tight, clip ons, caliper, disk mount, axle, speedo drive etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2 675R's & a Tracer GT

Floating discs?

Does it have floating discs? If so it could be the disc moving relative to the carrier. If that is what you can hear, then I wouldn't worry, as long as they're not really badly worn (at the mounting point I mean, not disc thickness).

Lots of people push and pull the forks with brake on and think the head bearings are gone. More often than not it's carriers moving inside the locked discs.

Hope this helps.
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

Thread Information