Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie rides! Experienced riders welcome/wanted

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki ER6N-RR Ongoing project
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam_NZ View Post
    Im keen, you live pretty close aswell... Same bike!
    Can all go on a kwaka ride!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from one of those devices

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzano View Post
    Can all go on a kwaka ride!!

Let me know when you do, I may wander out. Not ridden out that way for a bit.

Sent from my couch with my finger up my nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    NOS induced ninja ex250
    Blog Entries
    Maybe a ride on sunday morning? could work

Bike
    Maybe a ride on sunday morning? could work
    I would join but my bike only arrives on the 28th :-(

Bike
    NOS induced ninja ex250
    Blog Entries
    I would join but my bike only arrives on the 28th :-(

Sucks. you gotta push bike??? :P

Bike
    Hornet 250, VFR800
    Anyone in Northshore? I'm just after the bridge in northcote. One more week till I go up there...Auckland traffic should be fun. Biggest jam in palmy is about 15 cars long if that.

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTengTheory View Post
    Anyone in Northshore? I'm just after the bridge in northcote. One more week till I go up there...Auckland traffic should be fun. Biggest jam in palmy is about 15 cars long if that.
    Me. I won't be very far from you at all.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Sucks. you gotta push bike??? :P
    Hahaha yeah pretty much until my baby arrives but the guys at experience motorcycles have been really good and kept me updated on when she gets In and stuff

Would love it if I was one of those people that had another bike to use in the meantime but sadly no lol

Bike
    Hornet 250, VFR800
    Hahaha yeah pretty much until my baby arrives but the guys at experience motorcycles have been really good and kept me updated on when she gets In and stuff

Would love it if I was one of those people that had another bike to use in the meantime but sadly no lol

New bike

Kawa rides...pfft no harm letting honda invade a little?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTengTheory View Post
    New bike

Kawa rides...pfft no harm letting honda invade a little?
    Ofcourse not the more the better

Besides i did originally want the cbr250rr but they are now to rare and expensive in good condition

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 2

Bike
    2008 S40 Boulevard
    Just remember this thread was started with the best of intentions. If experienced riders want to chime in and maybe clear a day up then that would be great! Always keen to learn what im doing right and wrong. As for the L's angels, I am definately getting myself along to the next one, only problem is that there has only just been one, and im looking to get experience in the next month or so as I will have to travel to the northshore 4 days a week... So if possible i would love to go on a few rides soon, whether it be with experienced riders or a mixture
    Dude go on some rides north of auckland (if a ya dont mind the toll rd) my recomendation is:
    Auckland - Puhoi (to gawk at other bikes at the pub) - Welsford - helensville - kumeu - auckland. the whole thing is roughly 200 kms and there are many shorter variations of the loop. (you can get it down to 100 kms if ya want).

its good riding and good roads. I went on a sunday (the weekend after I bought my bike) and once I was off the main drag up north the roads were virtiually empty.

This will feel like a long ride for a learner. I was exhausted when I got back to auckland, but at the same time I was buzzing soo hard.

wouldnt recomend riding in a goup untill you got mad skills, (ive got 1500 ks in the saddle and I am too nervious to ride in a group). However, if you ride in a pair (one other rider) it feels much better and safer on these trips.

A good way to get used to riding long distances.

P.S. if you need a riding partner I am always up for a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Connolly
    "The question is not, How far do we have to go?..............The question is, Do you have the constitution to go as far as is needed?".

Bike
    Hornet 250, VFR800
    I've always treated group riding as if I was riding by myself just that I'm following the front vechicle if he decides to turn at intersections. Shouldn't be any different and you should still be maintaining your distances anyways and watching beyond the rider/car infront of you. I participated in the coast to coast lions ride on my third week of my learners and I just kept my own pace.

I've led a few group rides of about 3-4bikes with my friends around north island and while I was probably the least experience in terms of time riding a bike I think it was good because I would set the pace including overtaking if required. Since I had the least powered bike, they could follow me without issue. And if they wanted to go faster then they would pass and wait for me further up the road at a safe place.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    Dude go on some rides north of auckland (if a ya dont mind the toll rd) my recomendation is:
    Auckland - Puhoi (to gawk at other bikes at the pub) - Welsford - helensville - kumeu - auckland. the whole thing is roughly 200 kms and there are many shorter variations of the loop. (you can get it down to 100 kms if ya want).

its good riding and good roads. I went on a sunday (the weekend after I bought my bike) and once I was off the main drag up north the roads were virtiually empty.

This will feel like a long ride for a learner. I was exhausted when I got back to auckland, but at the same time I was buzzing soo hard.

wouldnt recomend riding in a goup untill you got mad skills, (ive got 1500 ks in the saddle and I am too nervious to ride in a group). However, if you ride in a pair (one other rider) it feels much better and safer on these trips.

A good way to get used to riding long distances.

P.S. if you need a riding partner I am always up for a ride.
    Heres a good 200km ride for newer riders..http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?saddr=...ra=ls&t=m&z=10

Shelly beach is a great place for a feed..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	514.3 KB 
ID:	278622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leaner Newbie 07.05.11 008.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	834.2 KB 
ID:	278623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	846.1 KB 
ID:	278652  

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Heres a good 200km ride for newer riders..

Shelly beach is a great place for a feed..
    Hmmmm I remember those burgers....

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    It would be great if some more experienced riders could join us or even a kb mentor.
    I would like this thread to be a place for all of us to discuss rides and meetings. If anyone is going for a ride in the weekend and would like others to join just post here and I am sure you will have a mob of us with you in no time.
    I find riding with other people is great the cars suddenly seem to know there place and respect you more. You can stop and chat and grab some food at whatever place it happens to be that weekend. Also you can learn some spots to ride in that you never even knew existed before.
    Join in the NASS or SASS weekly get-togethers, basically what you're looking for without the hassle of organising, or trying to balance individual needs/schedules.

It'll be worth your while for gaining and polishing up your essential skills, from long rides to group rides, cornering and slow-speed skills; everything you need to safe and alive on two wheels and having fun while doing it under the watchful eye of a KB mentor(s).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Thread Information