Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The value of money has dropped by two thirds in 30 years

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
    What I wrote earlier still stands though Masho. The banking system was a joke (many under funded small to medium banks) the gold standard wasn't used as a means of controlling inflation which it was meant to do and President Hoover did nothing positive to fix the problem. Countries stopped using the gold standard because there was massive deflation.

The reasons for the Great Depression were: A credit boom, too much buying shares on the margin, irrational overconfidence in general, production demand outstripped supply, and agriculture was in recession already. The scene was set and the sharemarket crash just added to it. Incidently, the sharemarket made a comeback after only a few months but the downward spiral had bitten too deep by then. But yeah, Akzle's right...
    I agree, it does stand. The banking system still is a joke even though they can pluck the stuff out of thin air when they'd like to. That probably is the case, but inflationary and deflationary mechanisms will always exist given that those in charge of money production believe, well they know, that they can fuck around with people's lives whilst they figure out where they went wrong with their economic model .

heh... and they say we learn from history . It does my head in. We need a global EMP
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    I agree, it does stand. The banking system still is a joke even though they can pluck the stuff out of thin air when they'd like to. That probably is the case, but inflationary and deflationary mechanisms will always exist given that those in charge of money production believe, well they know, that they can fuck around with people's lives whilst they figure out where they went wrong with their economic model .

heh... and they say we learn from history . It does my head in. We need a global EMP
    Well, solar flares are meant to be rather potent this year...

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Gold standard ,
    in 1933 roostervelt , blamed the hording of gold as one of the reasons for Amerika downfall , so envoked the #6102? act ,bill? under trading with the enemies of the state act , this banned the saving of gold by private people only by governments
    before that (1917) the us dollar had been a classical gold standard , untill washington dc , for good of king and country asked people to transfer their gold to the fed . safe keeping dont ya know ...!
    you could see where FDR was coming from .....

The gold standard appeared briefly after the war ( until Bretton woods ) but England was broke and its gold was in America anyway , so they tied currencies to the us dollar at an fixed exchange rate ,35 dollars an ounce ??? all good until Vietnam and Nixons final nail in the coffin ( of the gold standard , when he started to print money to pay for the war , the french demanded their gold back all hell broke loose but that was the end of the gold standard , and allowed gold to be freely traded since august 15th 1971 the US has operated on a fiat money system

The reasons the gold is good , is that the rate at which new gold enters the system is roughly inline with growth , but if as per industrial revolution production increases , then there are larges booms and busts as gold enters and leaves the system ( see charles dickens oliver twist) also its a byatch to buy tea with ,

I think Lysander Spooner had it right , Fk you , I am me own man living by my own means , I didnt ask to be part of you gang , I dont wat to be , but due to the way it is I kinda have to , but if you dont bother me I wont bother u ,,,and I aint joining no war ( or something like that !)

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d marge View Post
    Gold standard ,
    in 1933 roostervelt , blamed the hording of gold as one of the reasons for Amerika downfall , so envoked the #6102? act ,bill? under trading with the enemies of the state act , this banned the saving of gold by private people only by governments
    before that (1917) the us dollar had been a classical gold standard , untill washington dc , for good of king and country asked people to transfer their gold to the fed . safe keeping dont ya know ...!
    you could see where FDR was coming from .....

The gold standard appeared briefly after the war ( until Bretton woods ) but England was broke and its gold was in America anyway , so they tied currencies to the us dollar at an fixed exchange rate ,35 dollars an ounce ??? all good until Vietnam and Nixons final nail in the coffin ( of the gold standard , when he started to print money to pay for the war , the french demanded their gold back all hell broke loose but that was the end of the gold standard , and allowed gold to be freely traded since august 15th 1971 the US has operated on a fiat money system

The reasons the gold is good , is that the rate at which new gold enters the system is roughly inline with growth , but if as per industrial revolution production increases , then there are larges booms and busts as gold enters and leaves the system ( see charles dickens oliver twist) also its a byatch to buy tea with ,

I think Lysander Spooner had it right , Fk you , I am me own man living by my own means , I didnt ask to be part of you gang , I dont wat to be , but due to the way it is I kinda have to , but if you dont bother me I wont bother u ,,,and I aint joining no war ( or something like that !)

Stephen
    I'm not sure if Roosevelt blamed the "hoarding of gold" for the problem, but he did more in 100 days to sort out the USA during in the Great Depression than Hoover had ever done. Don't forget though, that Executive order 6102 was changed to the Gold Reserve Act a year later and the price of gold was raised from $20 to $35 per oz.

However, the suspension of the gold standard was only one of measures Roosevelt implemented to revive the US economy.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    both the uk and the us did a gold snatch.
    the uk had the graciousness to use the term "commonwealth"
    being that (at "law") common means universal, and universal means everyone. and wealth means well, wealth, it literally means "the wealth of the people",
    and since you choose to have dicatotrs //err, leaders, make decisions for you, they're happy to decide to take your wealth,
    and look after it,
    because you obviously can't be trusted with it.
    "government represents the people"

the us i think were a bit more blunt, and actually called it a gold snatch. it was a criminal offence for a private person (private corporation) to retain anything of value //err, i mean, gold. people did get arrested and jailed for failing to hand in family jewellery, old coinage etc.

at any rate, it's irrelevant, i can fill a box with sand and tell you it's full of gold, as long as you believe me, i have (what's an oz now, 1800$?) a lot of "value" in a box. if you trusted me (and really, who wouldn't) then you'd give me lots of your shit to get my box of gold.

FOOLS GOLD muaahhhahahaha.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if Roosevelt blamed the "hoarding of gold" for the problem, but he did more in 100 days to sort out the USA during in the Great Depression than Hoover had ever done. Don't forget though, that Executive order 6102 was changed to the Gold Reserve Act a year later and the price of gold was raised from $20 to $35 per oz.

However, the suspension of the gold standard was only one of measures Roosevelt implemented to revive the US economy.
    Meh. It'll be water soon, oh, it looks like it already is

Economies revived so that they can fail with regular monotony. Plenty of little recessions according to the wiki folk... there has to be a way to avoid the misery that the money men inflict. NOW how do the money men inflict misery on populations around the world... ohhhh yeah, they use money. So if we got rid of money, hmmmmmmm, NOW that requires a little more thought

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well, solar flares are meant to be rather potent this year...
    I wish it'd hurry the fuck up... I'm dying to watch every fucker running around like headless chickens. Should be fun.

Bike
    A Japper
    Meh. It'll be water soon, oh, it looks like it already is

Economies revived so that they can fail with regular monotony. Plenty of little recessions according to the wiki folk... there has to be a way to avoid the misery that the money men inflict. NOW how do the money men inflict misery on populations around the world... ohhhh yeah, they use money. So if we got rid of money, hmmmmmmm, NOW that requires a little more thought
    "Economies revived so..." Of course Masho, the rich have to get richer, it's just one of their ways of doing it.

Bike
    A Japper
    I wish it'd hurry the fuck up... I'm dying to watch every fucker running around like headless chickens. Should be fun.
    I'll keep ya posted.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    I'll keep ya posted.

you'll notice by the static on the radio and sudden drop in cellphone "bars"

Bike
    A Japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post

you'll notice by the static on the radio and sudden drop in cellphone "bars"
    Nah, the early warning system gives 18 hours notice.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    "Economies revived so..." Of course Masho, the rich have to get richer, it's just one of their ways of doing it.
    Why don't they just print their own then. I've done it again eh... they do, then they invest it is us and call it an economy.

I'll keep ya posted.
    S'alright, I watch the odd solar site... although the radio "issues" will be noticed in ?8 minutes?. I kinda like solar filaments, they're pretty and explode well, and flares are so 70's

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    i'm sure the EME boys will have a good headsup...

was neat watching this morning's sunrise... with the full moon going down on the other side.

i'm kinda thinking the moon's gonna get stuck between the erth and snu. it'll be cold. and shit won't grow.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i'm kinda thinking the moon's gonna get stuck between the erth and snu. it'll be cold. and shit won't grow.
    I like the cold. I miss it dearly. Fortunately shit will be growing elsewhere.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    And when they fuck it up ... someone has to pay for it. That's gonna come as a pleasant surprise on top of every other rate, water, electricity etc... rise v's stagnant wage growth. I may have to revisit my guess that the US will be the place that goes tits first.

Thread Information