Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Methven Mountain Thunder - Easter 2013

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket

Methven Mountain Thunder - Easter 2013

Attached is the Methven Street Race entry form and a welcome message from the Methven Lions who host this event with CAMS. Entry is on a first in basis if classes are over subscribed so get your entries in early. Entries close on Friday 15 March 2013.

The format is the same as last year’s event with the exception of the Formula CAMS 150/250 class replacing the Motards.

Like last year there will be a prize giving and meal following the conclusion of racing. This will be in Samuels Bar at the Blue Pub. Bar will be open from 5pm and meal from 6pm. The entry fee includes one meal ticket and further meal tickets will be available for purchase at sign-on ($15/head).

CAMS are not taking t-shirt orders this year, t-shirts can be purchased direct from the supplier or at the track on the day. See the attached Lions message for ordering details.

N.B. Remember you need a 'Championship' licence to compete at a street race.

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Don't forget there's a CAMS club race day on 23 March at Ruapuna B track, a good opportunity for a shake down before Methven the following week.

Cheers.
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    Less than a month to go Entries close Friday week (15.03.13)
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    Pits entry
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pit access.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	304.9 KB 
ID:	280506

Bike
    less than I used to have

Bike
    Not many... If any...
    I think I will actually drag my ass and bike out for this... Should prove entertaining. From what I have heard its a well run event. Looking forward to it.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    LOADED n ready to rock... well the boys are
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04018.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	280577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04016.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	280578  
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    zx636r, ktm690sm, rmz450 tard, rmz250
    Haha that's awesome DD! I'm p*ssed the sumos aren't racing

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Yawn. Just back from the races.

AWESOME.

Nuff sed.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Yawn. Just back from the races.

AWESOME.

Nuff sed.
    You were loving it, how often do ya get to say "follow me boys we gona brake the speed limit" and a couple said you wernt shaging around either...
    what I wana know is, will the boss get that cheque you spoke off?

didnt think so LOL

Well good but not so good nearley every PC race red flaged, for saftey reasons mostely but one lifted out, couple a banana'd forks and "bugger bugger shit fark damn... a member of the public injured, IMO not really avoidable but it did bring a early finish to the day... good effort Lion's and Cam's
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Cheers RC, cant believe the amount of riders that lay down on the track...the woman injured is very thankfully uninjured but bruised and shook up...some days just go from bad to worse....just got in ...very sore feet from running around the track all day...i got more laps in than a lot of the 63 and 72 riders...great to see GW's Bimota down our way playing...

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    Cheers RC, cant believe the amount of riders that lay down on the track...the woman injured is very thankfully uninjured but bruised and shook up...some days just go from bad to worse....just got in ...very sore feet from running around the track all day...i got more laps in than a lot of the 63 and 72 riders...great to see GW's Bimota down our way playing...
    doesnt sound like you guys had a good run today?.
    I on the other hand had a great day pootling to haast and back .
    Just one question about the last red line bulletin-what is the add reguarding the levels meet on the 5th-7th december at levels in 2014 about as for it to be addertised this far out it must be a big avent is it?.
    cheers KC
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    less than I used to have

...no time like the present to state your intentions...a weekend of Classic and PC racing a week after the Burt Munro Challenge, just up the road at Timaru...

Bike
    the mighty fzr and gsxr
    ...no time like the present to state your intentions...a weekend of Classic and PC racing a week after the Burt Munro Challenge, just up the road at Timaru...[/QUOTE]

Well nobody'es gonna be able to say the they diddnt get plenty of notice 18 months worth.
    winding up stucky since ages ago

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    cant believe the amount of riders that lay down on the track...the woman injured is very thankfully uninjured but bruised and shook up...some days just go from bad to worse....just got in ...very sore feet from running around the track all day...i got more laps in than a lot of the 63 and 72 riders...great to see GW's Bimota down our way playing...
    I know ya didnt need this with acc there in all, Ill pass on some info to ya cos it sure wasnt a good look and imo needs attention.
    Great to here the woman injured waset so bad, info comming in the pits was some one was flat on the track.

Some riders never managed to finish a race due to red flags, good to see tho that the red worked well track cleared and next class on dummy, good desision not to re run a red flaged race imo.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Some riders never managed to finish a race due to red flags,.
    I think the pre72 muppets were the worst for that, pretty well run event, got through it all fairly quick due to not restarting red flagged races if it wasn't for the last incident they might have even fitted another round in
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information