Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team ESE the darkside

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigglebutton View Post
    Wow a very nice shot. Do you have the ones of Glens crash as well.
    Yeah I did, sorry for the large sizes in the middle of the thread. There are more photos of the event in my photo thread, click here. There will also be a video coming soon

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    great sequence
    Giggles, a taller rider would have picked that up on the knee

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    great sequence
    Giggles a taller rider would have picked that up on the knee
    I must admit I did give the bike a little push down on the front in the pits and thought few, he won't be there for long. You can see in the photo's that the front end is at full travel even before he starts to loose it. Must have been a bitch to ride. Well done for going as quick as he did.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    I must admit I did give the bike a little push down on the front in the pits and thought few, he won't be there for long. You can see in the photo's that the front end is at full travel even before he starts to loose it. Must have been a bitch to ride. Well done for going as quick as he did.
    tell us what you thought was wrong with it

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    tell us what you thought was wrong with it
    It was wrong. As giggles had already said. I think it had 2 springs in each leg as there was no time to find the correct one. I will go with wrong as the safe bet.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    It was wrong. As giggles had already said. I think it had 2 springs in each leg as there was no time to find the correct one. I will go with wrong as the safe bet.
    l must of heard giggles wrong thought it was stock and wanted to put stonger springs in it witch wound of worked not bad . thought in the pic it may of been the longer rs forks used around 97 .

Bike
    suzuki RM125S 1975

fork springs x 2 ?

2 forks springs in each leg,is that to stop the wheel hitting the pipe or motor when the forks are at full travel,as the CBR motor we are putting in a 98 RS125 frame has only a 30mm gap from the wheel to the cylinder at full travel.

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries
    We played around with the fork spring combinations on Saturday and ended up putting a 0.65 spring in each leg. We also added 3mm of oil to each fork as the springs where still a bit light with the FXR's extra weight. Glen said this felt good. The crash on Sunday in the photos, Glen was on his warm down lap and lost the back end at the top of the cork screw. He said, I just shut my F#$@king mind off and lost the back. We straightened the bike and he qualified third. Not bad for a bike we ran for the first time on Friday afternoon We added 2mm more oil to each forks for the GP as it was still a bit soft when braking.
    On the 4th lap of the GP, he tried a different line, hit a big bump and binned it. F@#$K again.
    Wheel clearance is not an issue. The larger oil cooler hit the mud guard on Friday going over a speed bump, so we dropped the forks a bit.
    I found some 0.70 springs in the States that Bert is bringing in for me. We can use these as a pair but most likely we will use one of the 0.70 and one of the 3 softer springs. This will allow us to reduce the oil level and soften the top of the stroke.
    Once I have this one is sorted, I have to build one for Jaden, rebuild my RG50 and get back to the AM6 project I started a year ago.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    We played around with the fork spring combinations on Saturday and ended up putting a 0.65 spring in each leg. We also added 3mm of oil to each fork as the springs where still a bit light with the FXR's extra weight. Glen said this felt good. The crash on Sunday in the photos, Glen was on his warm down lap and lost the back end at the top of the cork screw. He said, I just shut my F#$@king mind off and lost the back. We straightened the bike and he qualified third. Not bad for a bike we ran for the first time on Friday afternoon We added 2mm more oil to each forks for the GP as it was still a bit soft when braking.
    On the 4th lap of the GP, he tried a different line, hit a big bump and binned it. F@#$K again.
    Wheel clearance is not an issue. The larger oil cooler hit the mud guard on Friday going over a speed bump, so we dropped the forks a bit.
    I found some 0.70 springs in the States that Bert is bringing in for me. We can use these as a pair but most likely we will use one of the 0.70 and one of the 3 softer springs. This will allow us to reduce the oil level and soften the top of the stroke.
    Once I have this one is sorted, I have to build one for Jaden, rebuild my RG50 and get back to the AM6 project I started a year ago.
    Well there you go. I am completely full of shit. Not sure where I got the idea there were 2 springs in there. I will slink away to my hole.

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries
    I have hopefully sorted some of the problems with the FXR'S front end. Had Norm at Suspension Tech have a look at the forks. They had 4 different valves and shim stacks and way to much clearance on the seals. Looks like the bike was stacked at some point and had mismatched forks stuck on it. Now they have new valves , shims and seals that work.

Bike
    Husky TE310, 2 Buckets and a ZXR250C
    I have hopefully sorted some of the problems with the FXR'S front end. Had Norm at Suspension Tech have a look at the forks. They had 4 different valves and shim stacks and way to much clearance on the seals. Looks like the bike was stacked at some point and had mismatched forks stuck on it. Now they have new valves , shims and seals that work.
    Beat ya Glen's gutted he never looked! Most RS's are like this. Mine had all sorts of fuckedness in it. Including rusting shims!

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quallman1234 View Post
    Beat ya Glen's gutted he never looked! Most RS's are like this. Mine had all sorts of fuckedness in it. Including rusting shims!
    Yep. The rods where shagged as well.

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries
    Glen road the FXR's for the first time since the forks where rebuilt. We played around with the dampening on Saturday till he said the vagueness had gone. He lost the back and crashed on the 1st lap of the first race on cold tires from missing most of the warm up laps. He had average race results but did the 2nd fastest lap of the day.
    We thought we may need more weight on the rear. So are going to make adjustable engine mounts so we can move the engine back maybe 5-10mm.
    Still need to get it on the dyno as its running so rich it coughs black smoke.

We played around with the dampening on Saturday till he said the vagueness had gone.
    What did you find the optimum dampness was for the bike?
    I personally like mine to be bone dry but I know some people prefer to dampen theirs with the garden hose. The real problem then is if it rains you can really over dampen the bike which can make it hard to hold on to.

(There is no 'en' in damping. i.e. you dampen a towel and you damp a suspension system. (If my unnecessarily sarcastic/patronising post didn't get that across.))

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Moooools View Post
    (If my sarcastic/patronising post didn't get that across.))
    You are going to wake up one day welded to a bit of tread plate.

Thread Information