Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Honda ST1100 thread

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    You bought it for $3,100 and you now want $3,900 for it???

The number plate alone is worth $2,500 so I suppose if you added that it has increased the value??

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ighlight=GO2UP
    Yep, got a good deal on it when I bought it, but it needed new tyres, warrant, rego, new head bearings, plus I've added new heated grips, a power outlet, a rain cover, fixed up some bits of trim, new forks fitted etc. A bike is worth what people will pay for it at the time. Look at the other ones that are out there on trade me and the price I'm asking is really good. I can honestly say this is the best bike I've owned - better economy and range for touring than my R1100R or Trophy 1200. More comfort than my VFR800. Great power and smoothness. I'm super-impressed with the ST's. I didn't buy it for the plate - only taken the Mrs out on it a couple of times (though it is a cool plate).
    Last edited by CRM; 24th October 2014 at 21:15. Reason: missed some words

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    This one also looks nice. Shame they are all to far away to sit on.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-797636992.htm

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post

I'm definitely coming to Auckland on 5th Nov so as long as the weather is fine and my bike isn't sold by then we can catch up and I'll take a look at your Hornet stuff and you can have a look at and a ride if you want on my ST.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by CRM View Post
    I'm definitely coming to Auckland on 5th Nov so as long as the weather is fine and my bike isn't sold by then we can catch up and I'll take a look at your Hornet stuff and you can have a look at and a ride if you want on my ST.
    Yeah that would be cool.

What are they like with a pillion on? Tried it on my VTR and it was a bit cramped for both of us.

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Yeah that would be cool.

What are they like with a pillion on? Tried it on my VTR and it was a bit cramped for both of us.
    I've only taken my wife out a couple of times on it but she seemed to like it. Heaps of room and much better seat compared to a VTR.

Apparently the design criteria for these - bearing in mind that they were designed in Germany as the "Pan European" - was a bike that could tour two-up at 160km on the Autobahn all day. I would certainly vouch for their ability to do that. They are totally stable at speed (the ST1300's had some early issues with wobbles but the 1100's are legendary for stability). I normally cruise at 110-120k with the radar detector on as I'm a bit paranoid about cops and I try to maintain a good margin of safety, but on the right roads a quick squirt will easily take you up to 200k without any sense of danger . I think top speed is supposed to be about 220.

PM me with your details for the 5th. Some time early afternoon would be ideal for me.

Bike

This one here was floating around for a few months before it went to AFC (IIRC). It hasn't been relisted in a while but there's no definite sign it's been sold. It has had a lie down at some point and I'm not sure what reserve was but it's the last year before the 13 and it hasn't been much further than the guy wanting $8k.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    This one here was floating around for a few months before it went to AFC (IIRC). It hasn't been relisted in a while but there's no definite sign it's been sold. It has had a lie down at some point and I'm not sure what reserve was but it's the last year before the 13 and it hasn't been much further than the guy wanting $8k.
    Hmmm. Nice bike. Cheers

Bike
    Hmmm. Nice bike. Cheers
    Technically the wrong thread now, but this has to be on the list: trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=797711891

I recall the early 13s had a bit of a 180+km/h stability issue. Dunno if there was a recall or they just fixed the next gen but at under $6k it's not bad. Well down in buttfuck nowhere though.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    Technically the wrong thread now, but this has to be on the list: trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=797711891

I recall the early 13s had a bit of a 180+km/h stability issue. Dunno if there was a recall or they just fixed the next gen but at under $6k it's not bad. Well down in buttfuck nowhere though.
    Yes have seen that but a bit out of the budget. To be fair we are looking a bit early. Not ready to buy yet but more seeing what can work. Nice bike though, I would like it.

May wander up and look at this old nail as well. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=799454483

Bike
    Yes have seen that but a bit out of the budget. To be fair we are looking a bit early. Not ready to buy yet but more seeing what can work. Nice bike though, I would like it.

May wander up and look at this old nail as well. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=799454483
    Yeah, there's always something better for an extra thousand bucks.

Had this on the watch list a month ago: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=783475241

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    There's other options too , look outside the square

Haast pass, bad coffee

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2385.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	761.2 KB 
ID:	304712

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    There's other options too , look outside the square

Haast pass, bad coffee
    Im impressed.

Where is the cup holder?

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Holding the camera,

Then I tipped it out and went to Wanaka for a real one, good ride no traffic

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Taking the picture,

Then I tipped it out and went to Wanaka for a real one, good ride no traffic
    But to be fair the pillion position wont be any better than my VTR.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    What tyres are people running on STs? A model or brand that works best?

Thread Information