Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Honda ST1100 thread

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    What tyres are people running on STs? A model or brand that works best?
    Metzeler Roadtec Z6's on mine - excellent tyres for handling and get great mileage. Get good reviews too: http://www.revzilla.com/product/metz...-touring-tires, http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tube...torcycle-tire#

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    The Metzeler Z8's are a good tyre too, on my second set on the 'Busa now. Checking/adjusting the pressure before every ride is important and makes the difference , running 41 at each end as per recommendations. Works for me.

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    I was recommended 38/42 pressure and seems to work well. I actually run Nitrogen in mine (local garage does it free for bikes) and found they keep pressure remarkably well.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I was talking to a customer, he was telling me about a ride with a friend and thinking about buying a bike (he was on friend's wife's BMW 650 for the ride) and wanting a bigger bike. I suggested an ST1100 as a lot of bike for a pretty cheap price.
    Now he tells be that he was looking at a listing for an ST1100 going for $3,750 that he is thinking of taking a look at.

If I was buying a bike right now and didn't have a big budget I would buy an ST1100 - so much bike for the price they go for.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    I was talking to a customer, he was telling me about a ride with a friend and thinking about buying a bike (he was on friend's wife's BMW 650 for the ride) and wanting a bigger bike. I suggested an ST1100 as a lot of bike for a pretty cheap price.
    Now he tells be that he was looking at a listing for an ST1100 going for $3,750 that he is thinking of taking a look at.

If I was buying a bike right now and didn't have a big budget I would buy an ST1100 - so much bike for the price they go for.
    Thats an ABS one which seem to cost moonbeams if they go wrong.

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post

Absolutely http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=803883061

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    The auction on my ST1100 closes on Thursday - anyone wanting to get into touring couldn't go wrong with this - reserve is $3600 which is just a silly giveaway for all the bike you are getting. Auction is here if you are interested. Really happy to answer any questions. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=810626804

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    I've been riding my ST1100 for a little under 2 years now, 2000 ST110PY - ex police with the extra switches on both handles and the Police spot lights on bars under the mirrors. Previous owner had a 12V lighter socket fitted in to the left hand side box. Paid $4000 for it, 120,000 km on the clock, wanted a cheap bike for the couple of years I'll be here in tropical QLD. I've replaced the standard screen with one 80 mm taller, it's effective, sometimes over the summer I find myself leaning my body into the corner to get a bit more breeze around the side of the screen for extra cooling.

Great bike, I thought of lowering the seat but have put up with only having the balls of my feet on the ground. Wife started pillioning when I got the ST1100, she has hip problems but we got her an airhawk seat pad and she loves riding pillion. Got a pair of SENA SHR10 comms units and we chat away all the time as we wend our way through the cane fields.

Topped up the fuel on Saturday, she'd done 380 km and took exactly 19.0 Litres, that's 5.0 L/100 km, 20 km/L or 56 mpg, and she uses ULP91. No reserve, but a low fuel light comes on with about 50 km to go (don't rely on my figures here, this is only an estimation). I've done trips of 400 km or so and no problems with the butt, the bike's got an aftermarket seat on it though.

The ST1100 was designed as a cross continent tourer, able to cruise at 180 km/hr. Top speed is supposed to be 220 km/hr, I've had mine up to 200 km/hr and it's rock steady. I have scraped the pegs a few times, on off camber corners, otherwise there's tons of ground clearance. Stature is great, just a slight lean forward, but you can slide slightly forward on the seat if needed. Great turn in, and very confident handling.

I've just fitted a new front tyre, replaced the tire that was on the bike when I bought her 20,000 km ago. Fitted a Pirelli AngelGT, others I know fit Michelin Road Pilot 4s if they can get them or Road Pilot 3s if they can't. I think the book recommends 39 psi front and 43 psi back, I have a small right angle adapter (vital for checking the ST's tires) and check the pressures before every ride (the newish Angel GT has just seated in and stopped losing a couple of psi over a week - after about 1000 km) and pump them both up to 43 psi. Best way to check the rear tire is to take the right hand pannier off, right angled adapter on, and use one of those linear bar tire gauges.

For info and help try OZ ST Owners Club forums http://ozstoc.com.au/index.php

Thread Information