Thread: At Home On The Road

Bike
    Its a Boat

Thumbs up At Home On The Road

What are the chances, no rain for a couple of months and the very morning I chose to get the T30’s fitted it rains. Mind goes to ‘’this will be an interesting ride home’’.
    Intentions were to go home via SH16 and Woodcocks road, and let’s be honest here; Woodcocks can be a shocker when it’s been raining, especially after a long period of no rain.

The previous tyres on my bike were starting to have a dire effect on my riding…I noticed early on that they were not good in the wet, in fact, I hated it when it rained.
    Was never like that with the PR3’s where I wouldn’t give it a second thought if it rained.

First impressions on the T30’s, in a word, sublime. Even allowing for the fact that it was raining, not once did I feel cause for concern. I still chose to go the long way home, even though I am cold/wet and thinking ‘’why am I doing this’’….meh, there’s a shower at home right?
    Hindsight is a wonder and this proved true, in choosing the SH16 and Woodcocks (two roads I know very well) after 40kms, the tyres now have enough heat for relax mode to prevail.
    Woodcocks is a nice blend of sweepers and tighter corners with a technical hill thrown into the mix.
    The ride though there was sweet, using the engine to slow the bike approaching the corners and feeling the Tyre grip when exiting, made for a confident and thrilling ride. Yeah it’s been awhile. I am not one to push past my ability at any stage. It had stopped raining but the road was still wet, yet I never once felt the need to adjust to below my normal riding pace/style.

I am certain the Bridgestone T30’s and myself will get along just fine in the Km’s to come.
    It’s been a long time coming, but I now feel back at home on the road.

NB: Personal view not a Review.

Bike
    K1300R
    So these are supposed to have even more grip in the wet & dry than the BT023s, but have similar durability?
    Whats he building in there??

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by raziel1983 View Post
    So these are supposed to have even more grip in the wet & dry than the BT023s, but have similar durability?
    Taken from the give away thread by distributors Eurotred.

''The T30 has been designed to be a premium grip touring tyre in Bridgestones Battlax radial range. Bridgestone are boasting improved dry and wet grip by using a new compound in the front tyre and improving again on their unique Nano Pro-Tech technology, creating the best possible grip across varying temperature and weather conditions. With this improvement of grip, Bridgestone are suggesting that the wear life should be similar to BT023, meaning touring and longer distance riders get significantly enhanced feel and grip for close to the same mileage. Bridgestone's own tagline for the T30 is "Engineered for smooth handling, maximum performance and rider comfort".

Bike
    K1300R
    Boy I couldn't have picked a worse time to buy a set of BT023s then. Still... no complaints so far.
    Whats he building in there??

Bike
    GSX11-tysomething, BMW K100 x2
    Boy I couldn't have picked a worse time to buy a set of BT023s then. Still... no complaints so far.
    Hi Raziel,

It's not too bad - we are continuing with the BT023 in our line-up as the touring tyre for ultimate mileage. Whist the T30 is the new thing, the BT023 is a very well reputed, proven tyre that has provided excellent results to its users so you are certainly not on an 'inferior' product!

Jay
    Eurotred (NZ) Ltd
    Jay Lawrence #37

Bike
    my little pony
    Fitted a BT023 in replacement of me OEM S20 (rear). Way better then the BT020, and for touring and road use (did 2000k to march hare) bloody good. Warms up quick and sticks well. At $100 cheaper than the T30 at the moment I am going to buy another, as I don't see how I can benefit by spending the extra hundy.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Was out again last evening, more wet stuff to contend with for a short while but, my only concern was the lack of wet gear that I was not wearing...
    The bike seems 'crisper' if I can use that term? Maybe its a combination of the very bad previous tyres V the brand new tyres giving the bike a whole new ergonomic feel. It certainly is different in the best way possible.

Thread Information