Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't ride with strangers

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Next time ask him if he can do decent stand-up wheelies.

Seriously though, that isn't really good riding etiquette. he may have just got carried away with his ride, but then if he isn't capable or remembering that he has an inexperienced rider with him, then he shouldn't be trying to lead one. I am (was...when I had a motorbike...currently bikeless) a relatively fast rider, but when I had new riders with me, I would adjust my pace AND tell them that if they lose me, not to worry, i would be waiting at the appropriate turnoff for them. Most guys I know did/do the same.
    I can only presume that his friends must be better, faster riders than me. He probably WAS going his version of slow, but it's not the kind of... behavior I've encountered from all other times I've ridden with more experienced riders. Once he pulled over at the top of a road with some tight twisties after that I was on my own really.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    2009 CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    I can only presume that his friends must be better, faster riders than me. So? he is on a ride with a learner and should have adjusted his riding to suit youHe probably WAS going his version of slow, but it's not the kind of... behavior I've encountered from all other times I've ridden with more experienced riders. Once he pulled over at the top of a road with some tight twisties after that I was on my own really.
    It pisses me off when I see and hear about things like this happening because it doesn't help the whole newer rider experience one bit.

If people are going to go and take a learner on a ride then they should damn well be accommodating to that learners needs i.e. adjusting speed, looking out for them and what they are doing etc...

Bike
    It was on the good
    uh oh warning bells
    I am starting to get the same feeling whenever I see a thread you have started.

Sent from the moon using Apollo 12.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a crap ride. Maybe he wasn't consciously trying to impress you, but his lizard brain took over. Not sure how hitting a concrete retaining wall fits into that though, what was that about?

Anyhoo you both ended up "riding your own ride" I guess, good on you for looking after number one and making it home in one piece, hopefully he did the same. I guess we all start out as strangers though, now you know not to ride with him again unless he jolly-well behaves himself .

Bike
    YZF-R6
    I always make sure there is a confident rider at the back (usually me) when riding with less experienced riders, as I figure it saves them from worrying about getting left behind.

Good on you for continuing at your own pace, trying to keep up has ended badly on countless occasions, (I did go on a ride once where someone did that to me, I decided to go my own way without him rather than try figure out if he was gonna wait)

I don't understand why you started a thread because he left you behind and in an unfamiliar area, in the dark. And you seem to be defending him with each subsequent post?

Maybe he was trying to impress you, it kind of sounds like it worked.

Sent from my XT535 using Tapatalk 2

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I am starting to get the same feeling whenever I see a thread you have started.

Sent from the moon using Apollo 12.
    You don't like me, I get it, just put me on ignore already. Otherwise I can only assume that you are not so secretly obsessed and in love with me. Look, I'm sure you're lovely, but I'm just not interested - OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushu View Post
    I always make sure there is a confident rider at the back (usually me) when riding with less experienced riders, as I figure it saves them from worrying about getting left behind.

Good on you for continuing at your own pace, trying to keep up has ended badly on countless occasions, (I did go on a ride once where someone did that to me, I decided to go my own way without him rather than try figure out if he was gonna wait)

I don't understand why you started a thread because he left you behind and in an unfamiliar area, in the dark. And you seem to be defending him with each subsequent post?

Maybe he was trying to impress you, it kind of sounds like it worked.

Sent from my XT535 using Tapatalk 2

I started a thread because a) I'm allowed to b) as a warning to other newbies c) to share my experience with other newbies and d) cause I was like wtf? I'm not defending him, as such, merely playing devils advocate, which I like to do. And there must be something wrong with your eyes, not impressed at all, I'm indifferent. I'm a bit of a tard but no-one in their right mind would be impressed by being left behind like that.Not to mention the lack of respect for road rules and roadcraft. I'd definitely have been impressed if he'd slowed down his pace so I could keep up and exhibited good road craft, lame, but not all of us are impressed by bad boys. I did like his bike though, very nice.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    I was hoping he might have a bag of sour snakes for me? just joking, I only wanted to go for a ride
    Well he only wanted to go for a ride as well.. However, 'not a bad looker or otherwise.... Take note, probably means 'ALL' types of his riding will be over quickly,,,

So guess he would still leave you whingeing and unsatisfied with events............

sent from the middle of a paddock using gumboots and a 'furry' leg stuck down each one
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    Well he only wanted to go for a ride as well.. However, 'not a bad looker or otherwise.... Take note, probably means 'ALL' types of his riding will be over quickly,,,

So guess he would still leave you whingeing and unsatisfied with events............

sent from the middle of a paddock using gumboots and a 'furry' leg stuck down each one
    lol very good

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    You don't like me, I get it, just put me on ignore already. Otherwise I can only assume that you are not so secretly obsessed and in love with me. Look, I'm sure you're lovely, but I'm just not interested - OK?

I started a thread because a) I'm a female, we bitch about shit, get over it. b) as a warning to other KB members I secretly want to move to England, so am practising to fit in there c) to share my experience with other newbies and hope I get some tissue's sent d) cause I was like "Ooo he's hot, I wonder if the bulge 'up front' is as big compared to the 'bulge' on the back of his 'one piece'? I'm not defending him, as such, merely playing the woeful maiden, which I like to do. And there must be something wrong with your eyes, not impressed at all, I'm indifferent. I'm a bit of a tard but no-one in their right mind would be impressed by being left behind like that. but I was, I started a thread about it, and am still waiting for the tissues to be sent. Not to mention the lack of respect for road rules and womankind, he acted like a typical geezer. I'd definitely have been impressed if he'd slowed down his pace so I could be sure he'd always give me a good ride, lame, but I was impressed by the bad boy. I did like his equipment though, very nice.

there fixed for you
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    there fixed for you
    awww... play nice :P But seriously I'm more impressed by self control than lack thereof on the road. Not my thing. I obide by the law 95% of the time and respect others that do too. Hell I've had almost every person I've met tell me to rip my L plate off, nope! I've got no one I want to impress or prove something to other than myself... it's a mostly good way to be... I think!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Chalk it up to experience, it was night ride after all and riding in the dark on such a beautiful nights of late is no big thing, even if it is your first time.
    I take it, had it been in daylight hours it wouldn't be such an issue?
    Hope you had the visor thing sorted?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Chalk it up to experience, it was night ride after all and riding in the dark on such a beautiful nights of late is no big thing, even if it is your first time.
    I take it, had it been in daylight hours it wouldn't be such an issue?
    Hope you had the visor thing sorted?
    I dont drive that much in the dark (or when I do, there are always street lights) so I found it a little intimidating especially when I have shit house lights on my bike but... I am still alive (much to the dismay of some on here ) Of course if it had been daytime it wouldn't be a big deal (it's not really anyway), but probably still a bit rude to be left behind :P

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard

I started a thread because a) I'm allowed to b) as a warning to other newbies c) to share my experience with other newbies and d) cause I was like wtf? I'm not defending him, as such, merely playing devils advocate, which I like to do. And there must be something wrong with your eyes, not impressed at all, I'm indifferent. I'm a bit of a tard but no-one in their right mind would be impressed by being left behind like that.Not to mention the lack of respect for road rules and roadcraft. I'd definitely have been impressed if he'd slowed down his pace so I could keep up and exhibited good road craft, lame, but not all of us are impressed by bad boys. I did like his bike though, very nice.
    Welcome to KB...
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    Welcome to KB...
    Thanks, what's my welcome gift? a cup of harden the fuck up? because it seems like some people here didn't get theirs haha

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Oh boo the fuck hoo
    If you wanted a learner ride then you should have gone on a learner ride.
    Maybe he thought you were better than you are

Why do learners always want there hands held?
    Stick with SASS or NASS until you grow up and become a big girl.

Just for the record what speeds were you doing?

Thread Information