Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't ride with strangers

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    Oh boo the fuck hoo
    If you wanted a learner ride then you should have gone on a learner ride.
    Maybe he thought you were better than you are

Why do learners always want there hands held?
    Stick with SASS or NASS until you grow up and become a big girl.

Just for the record what speeds were you doing?

I don't know what one can do other than say more than once they are not interested in speeding, have a underpowered bike, am still learning, have only been riding for 3 months, don't want to go on any windy roads (at least I didn't want to yesterday) etc. I reiterated more than once I was a learner and I'm not very good, I'm just a baby bike rider

And thanks, but I am a big girl, I stopped using pampers this time last year so nyah nyah nyah

I was going 20kmh which is perfectly acceptable I would have thought

Oh and clearly YOU care. Or cared enough to post. Thanks, I'm flattered, really!
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post

I don't know what one can do other than say more than once they are not interested in speeding, have a underpowered bike, am still learning, have only been riding for 3 months, don't want to go on any windy roads (at least I didn't want to yesterday) etc. I reiterated more than once I was a learner and I'm not very good, I'm just a baby bike rider

And thanks, but I am a big girl, I stopped using pampers this time last year so nyah nyah nyah

I was going 20kmh which is perfectly acceptable I would have thought

Oh and clearly YOU care. Or cared enough to post. Thanks, I'm flattered, really!
    20kph WTF! no wonder he left you behind.
    And on second thoughts, forget riding with nass and sass and just get your bike delivered to the carpark until you can do a speed that ISN'T a hazard on the road.

Thanks, what's my welcome gift? a cup of harden the fuck up? because it seems like some people here didn't get theirs haha
    Clearly you haven't received yours or you just like being know a JAFWL.

Next time you go riding and don't like the conditions try stopping, you control what you do.

Bike
    2010 GSF1250SA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    Attachment 279875

And you need to come to SASS every Wednesday [safe skills development and learner-friendly rides]!
    If you don't like riding in the dark, and you live on the Shore, go to NASS instead. Every Wednesday night.

Also never never ever ever ever ever try to catch the faster riders. Ride your own ride.

And never ride with those guys again.

Keep an eye out for Mom and Maha's group rides. They're safe and learner friendly.

Rick.
    Reality is only an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol in the blood.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, what's my welcome gift? a cup of harden the fuck up? because it seems like some people here didn't get theirs haha
    They come in pill form nowdays ... apparently

But seriously ... night time riding does open a whole new motorcycling can of worms. For a "still learning" rider ... it can be an unnerving experience. Being familiar with the road helps (and going down it a few times is not familiar) but many times, familiarity with the road is just not possible. But then you just do the best you can ... as safely as you can

And ... YOU DID .. !!!
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    And on second thoughts, forget riding with nass and sass and just get your bike delivered to the carpark until you can do a speed that ISN'T a hazard on the road.
    *whoooosh*

Bike
    Blog Entries

Clearly you haven't received yours or you just like being know a JAFWL.

Next time you go riding and don't like the conditions try stopping, you control what you do.
    LOLs

Or... I could ride my own ride... which is what I did.

I got so scared I rode on the shoulder at 10kmh so the cars could pass me, that's OK too - isn't it?

I'm taking the piss, I don't know anyone who rides 20kmh in the open road

Quote Originally Posted by rickstv View Post
    If you don't like riding in the dark, and you live on the Shore, go to NASS instead. Every Wednesday night.

Also never never ever ever ever ever try to catch the faster riders. Ride your own ride.

And never ride with those guys again.

Keep an eye out for Mom and Maha's group rides. They're safe and learner friendly.

Rick.
    SASS it is, they are a bit more slow paced for me which I like. Maybe I will go to NASS when I am a big girl. I can go home on the motorway with lights after SASS so it's ok.

Didn't bother trying to catch him, no point haha. I've done a ride with Maha and Mom to New Plymouth and it was great - but I think they must set the bar very high! So considerate and learner friendly.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    *whoooosh*
    Hello cunt head wondered what arse crack you had been hiding up lately.
    Good to see that again you have nothing to say.

Maybe you should be telling us all your infinite wisdom of how all rides should be conducted (well after you have had a few beers of course).

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    LOLs

Or... I could ride my own ride... which is what I did.

I got so scared I rode on the shoulder at 10kmh so the cars could pass me, that's OK too - isn't it?

I'm taking the piss, I don't know anyone who rides 20kmh in the open road

You might be surprised what some people do.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Hello cunt head wondered what arse crack you had been hiding up lately.
    Good to see that again you have nothing to say.

Maybe you should be telling us all your infinite wisdom of how all rides should be conducted (well after you have had a few beers of course).

Hey, if you're happy to sound like a retard don't be offended when someone points it out.

Bike
    2014 Honda CBR500R ABS
    Uh huh

Thousands of ks on the clock? 6k in 3 months, I am happy with that. Most of which done solo... will try super hard to get there this week B
    Yeah I wouldnt have tried keeping up with him either tbh anyone that runs racing lines and knee down on the road is a twat, keep it to the track, also I don't push it when I dont know the other rider that well plus I would have put you in front of me or I would have stuck to the speed limit and made sure I could see you

I have only had to put my knee down once and that was because I had no other choice

I got my bike on the 12th of jan at 54000km its just hit 62000km The kms clock up fast I also have no issue with riding at night its weird but im more relaxed at night not sure why

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    I have only had to put my knee down once and that was because I had no other choice
    You sure about that?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    I got my bike on the 12th of jan at 54000km its just hit 62000km The kms clock up fast I also have no issue with riding at night its weird but im more relaxed at night not sure why
    Well done, that's very good. I don't ride my bike to or from work as I often need my car and to be honest don't want to ride home after some 12 hour days CBF! I only ride after work, if I am in the mood for it or every second weekend (otherwise I have my kids). My night issues, just a confidence/lack of experience thing. I haven't been driving for as long as my 26 years would normally dictate and have never had much course to go out at night, especially with no street lights. What can I say, I've grown up in Auckland!

Bike
    2014 Honda CBR500R ABS
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    You sure about that?
    I was about to go into a barrier at 140km if I hadnt leaned as far as I did then I would be dead right now

Yes I was being a bit of a dick at the time changing between lanes at 100-105km and got hit by wind and my throttle suck open :s my own fault for not realizing my cables would probably need lubing, also should have anticipated the wind however if the throttle hadnt stuck open then I wouldnt have had to lean quite so far

you know I fucked up everbody does at some stage but I used the skills I have to recover and Im still here right now plus I learnt from it and thats the main thing

Not like I go out and do it deliberately

Bike
    a red heap
    What the fuck are racing lines? Is that what you tards call meth these days?

Bike
    2008 S40 Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    Just do like Monkfish and treat it as a sight-seeing experience, so go ride anytime, anywhere at your own pace and leisure... Like him, you'll end up with thousands of Ks on the clock in a short time, have loads more fun and are more relaxed.
    I only ride by my self coz,.... coz nobody lubs me.

Thousands of ks on the clock? 6k in 3 months, I am happy with that. Most of which done solo... will try super hard to get there this week B
    Im catchin ya. 4k in 2 mnths

Also the thing i first noticed about riding at night is you can actually see the bugs before they hit you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Connolly
    "The question is not, How far do we have to go?..............The question is, Do you have the constitution to go as far as is needed?".

Thread Information