Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't ride with strangers

Bike
    2014 Honda CBR500R ABS
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    Well done, that's very good. I don't ride my bike to or from work as I often need my car and to be honest don't want to ride home after some 12 hour days CBF! I only ride after work, if I am in the mood for it or every second weekend (otherwise I have my kids). My night issues, just a confidence/lack of experience thing. I haven't been driving for as long as my 26 years would normally dictate and have never had much course to go out at night, especially with no street lights. What can I say, I've grown up in Auckland!
    Fair enough by the time I get home Im doing about 12hr days and its about a 45min ride home if I split 55km each way so 110km round trip a day plus im riding on the weekends

I lived in Auckland for 8 months I know how much the traffic is an issue however I did find the motorway out to whenuapai to be very quiet around 3am

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    I only ride by my self coz,.... coz nobody lubs me.

Im catchin ya. 4k in 2 mnths
    Dude. It's not a competition.

But I am going to win! just joking haha.

We were meant to go for a ride, we can do that sometime still if you like, but I still won't lub you :P
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Fair enough by the time I get home Im doing about 12hr days and its about a 45min ride home if I split 55km each way so 110km round trip a day plus im riding on the weekends

I lived in Auckland for 8 months I know how much the traffic is an issue however I did find the motorway out to whenuapai to be very quiet around 3am
    That's a good effort. It's only about 40km or less round trip for me to get to and from work. Get on the motorway... get off... you're there, lol. I only ride for fun anyway, not to help with commuting or to save on fuel.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    I went for a ride this morning with a whole bunch of strangers... Some of them left me behind too...

But to be fair they were in nice new cars and I was on a very old motorcycle... Still - I had fun and I didn't expect them to run at my speed just to oblige my eccentric taste in transport.....

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    You should've tried harder to keep up.
    ON a GN ?? You got to be kidding .. even at full stretch it is not going to catch up ..

Quote Originally Posted by Karl08 View Post
    How insecure do you have to be to find your self esteem in a motorbike?
    Fuck me ... that's a big leap ... just because he's a fast rider you get all Freudian . and probably wrong ...

I genuinely don't think he was trying to impress me at all, I think he is just used to going very fast, I later learnt that he used to do some racing. That said, I am naive sometimes but no, doubt he was trying to impress me.
    Yeah ... if he was trying to impress you he wouldn't have buggered off at speed .. if he was trying to impres you then he's a dumb cunt - and probably needs ther speed to make up for the lack of a sex life ... did he really think a woman would drop her panties for someone who did that ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Yeah I wouldnt have tried keeping up with him either tbh anyone that runs racing lines and knee down on the road is a twat, keep it to the track,
    I remember a rider training day at Hampton Downs .. Some riders were trying to get their knewes down .. next thing, over the speaker system comes the message for them to stop that as they were holding up faster riders ... if a rider doesn't know what they are doing, getting the knee down can be the slower way to corner ... to me getting the knee down on the road can be as wanky as above-the-shoulder bars on Harley Didn'tson ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    YZF-R6
    You don't like me, I get it, just put me on ignore already. Otherwise I can only assume that you are not so secretly obsessed and in love with me. Look, I'm sure you're lovely, but I'm just not interested - OK?

If you say so....

I started a thread because a) I'm allowed to b) as a warning to other newbies c) to share my experience with other newbies and d) cause I was like wtf? I'm not defending him, as such, merely playing devils advocate, which I like to do. And there must be something wrong with your eyes, not impressed at all, I'm indifferent. I'm a bit of a tard but no-one in their right mind would be impressed by being left behind like that.Not to mention the lack of respect for road rules and roadcraft. I'd definitely have been impressed if he'd slowed down his pace so I could keep up and exhibited good road craft, lame, but not all of us are impressed by bad boys. I did like his bike though, very nice.
    wow, did I upset you what did I say that was do bad. That's a pretty strong reaction to the suggestion you like someone. But there was useful stuff in that post you just chose to launch into a tirade based entirely on the last sentence.
    The post started with a compliment to you, went on to give my suggestion of what to do in that situation, and how to avoid it in the future. Perhaps it's you who should put me on your ignore list because you seem to have some real problem with me (I find you entertaining, my ignore list is completely empty) but as has been suggested, a cup of hardenthefuckup would do you good.

Sent from my XT535 just to piss you off.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushu View Post
    wow, did I upset you what did I say that was do bad. That's a pretty strong reaction to the suggestion you like someone. But there was useful stuff in that post you just chose to launch into a tirade based entirely on the last sentence.
    The post started with a compliment to you, went on to give my suggestion of what to do in that situation, and how to avoid it in the future. Perhaps it's you who should put me on your ignore list because you seem to have some real problem with me (I find you entertaining, my ignore list is completely empty) but as has been suggested, a cup of hardenthefuckup would do you good.

Sent from my XT535 just to piss you off.
    Don't take it so personally, Dear. I'm definitely not upset, this isn't "real life" as such, but you don't know me so that's fine for you to make that assumption if you wish. You didn't understand why I started a thread and I kindly took the time to explain it to you. But, you don't need to understand why someone starts a thread do you, people can do whatever they want that's within the rules of the forum, and I doubt you really cared why I did anyway. I'm not a child so no, I don't get giddy over boys any more like I used to maybe like 10 years ago or something... I wanted to go for a ride and by ride I mean on my motorbike, not on some boy Your comments about how you thought I was impressed, irrelevant - I bet you wouldn't have said that if he was actually a she (unless I was a lesbo). And, I didn't launch into a tirade in any shape or form. You are being too sensitive, I have no problem with you, if I did - you would know about it. I'll take your cup of sensitivity and trade you a cup of hardenthefuckup, sounds like you need it more than me? Don't take things so seriously, is all I am saying.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    20kph WTF! no wonder he left you behind.
    And on second thoughts, forget riding with nass and sass and just get your bike delivered to the carpark until you can do a speed that ISN'T a hazard on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    ON a GN ?? You got to be kidding .. even at full stretch it is not going to catch up ..
    Sarcasm detection rating: FAIL

Bike
    YZF-R6
    I bet you wouldn't have said that if he was actually a she (unless I was a lesbo).
    I bet I would have, followed by a and a request for video evidence.

I'm not being sensitive KB is about the free exchange of bullshit. As said feel free to ignore me.

Sent from my XT535 using Tapatalk 2

Bike
    2001 ZX9r E2 Green
    My 10 cents of ideas

1) Ride to a pace your comfortable with that way you're more likely to make it home.
    2) Look for learner friendly rides don't just go out on any ride. - Generally if all of the group are on sports bikes you can expect a quicker ride.
    3) Ask yourself what you want out of motorcycling? - Not what other people want.
    4) Riding with strangers can be fun but not a great idea when you're only just starting. - I was lucky I already knew people that helped me along. So in return I'm now helping my friends when they are beginning.

Looks like you have a few people in Aucks that do learner friendly rides. I say get out on them as much as possible that way you'll hopefully find people at the same stage as you.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushu View Post
    I bet I would have, followed by a and a request for video evidence.

I'm not being sensitive KB is about the free exchange of bullshit. As said feel free to ignore me.

No need to ignore you, I have nothing against you I don't have anyone on my ignore at all I merely advocate it for some people who seem to get upset by my posts, meh *shrugs shoulders*. I can agree with someone in one thread and disagree with them in another, there's no point holding grudges, I don't have any, against anyone, wasted energy and also I just don't care enough. Not saying you do (have grudges), just seems like some people on here do and I'm not one of them (at least not yet )

Bike
    YZF-R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Retep5 View Post
    My 10 cents of ideas

1) Ride to a pace your comfortable with that way you're more likely to make it home.
    2) Look for learner friendly rides don't just go out on any ride. - Generally if all of the group are on sports bikes you can expect a quicker ride.
    3) Ask yourself what you want out of motorcycling? - Not what other people want.
    4) Riding with strangers can be fun but not a great idea when you're only just starting. - I was lucky I already knew people that helped me along. So in return I'm now helping my friends when they are beginning.

Looks like you have a few people in Aucks that do learner friendly rides. I say get out on them as much as possible that way you'll hopefully find people at the same stage as you.
    This post offers far too much useful information please add some insults and some useless crap or you risk making kb a viable resource for good info.

Bike
    A fast one
    If we ever ride together, I'll make sure to take it real slow and steady

Sent from my laptop while watching Jeremy Kyle

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    If we ever ride together, I'll make sure to take it real slow and steady

Sent from my laptop while watching Jeremy Kyle
    As long as you dont mind riding on the shoulder with me, the actual road is way too scary!

Sent from the computer on my desk whilst eating a burger

Bike
    A fast one
    As long as you dont mind riding on the shoulder with me, the actual road is way too scary!

Sent from the computer on my desk whilst eating a burger
    With hazard lights on and hi-vis clothing too?

Damn now I'm hungry for a burger.

Thread Information