Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha unveils new Bolt 950

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    trouble is the MT is expensive still even S/hand, and in very limited numbers. Performance is about the same as an XR, slightly quicker, but in reality they are 'equal' performers.... I've ridden with the XR's a few times now,,,, if this goes anything like an XR/ it deserves to be a good seller
    Yeah, and for me the comparison's always against one of the XB Buells. Haven't ridden either MT or XR, in spite of both lurking on my "maybe buy" list at one stage. I'd expect the MT01 to handle better, and that much extra capacity must be somewhat more useful?
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Meh, having seen the new Indian motor, I'm waiting for a 2015 Scout. (by which time I might be able to afford it. Or a picture of it)
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Yeah, and for me the comparison's always against one of the XB Buells. Haven't ridden either MT or XR, in spite of both lurking on my "maybe buy" list at one stage. I'd expect the MT01 to handle better, and that much extra capacity must be somewhat more useful?

Both around the same weight XR/MT... MT has 'better'? forks/rear set up, but then they left it 'soft',, DUH! Mine has Ohlins rear/KSS tuned forks, and is noticeably better than a standard MT. Not a lot of difference between them for handling IMHO. It's a difficult call on performance really. The MT has 2/3 of the rev's of the XR, about 10-12 bhp less, but around 30ft lbs more torque.... The XR, feels 'buzzier/revvier/more willing' when ridden hard, the MT is a typical low revving 'big block' and simply 'torque powers' up the road. Bit like riding the 'old' Guzzi's you can feel it 'thumping' slowly, but look down at the speedo and think, Hmmmmm that's going at a fair old rate of knots.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Triumph Saint,Triumph Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    I wonder what kind of power to weight this will have? looks nice and light for a 950cc bike.
    Sportster Iron = US$7999
    55 foot pounds of Torgue @3000rpm

Bolt = US$7990
    59 foot pounds of Torque @3500rpm

At first I sort of liked it then I saw some real life pic's.
    Fuck it's ugly.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Road kill View Post
    Sportster Iron = US$7999
    55 foot pounds of Torgue @3000rpm

Bolt = US$7990
    59 foot pounds of Torque @3500rpm

If that's correct then why buy the Yammy? HD will hold it's value better and as much as I hate saying it 'is the real thing'.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    If that's correct then why buy the Yammy? HD will hold it's value better and as much as I hate saying it 'is the real thing'.
    That's the very question being asked on the forum I stole the stats from "the Triumph RAT forum".
    I think it will come down to the old cruiser thing where a lot of people like the style but don't like Harley due to their image problem.
    Plus at the end of the day it's just another bike a most people today don't give a shit about that "real thing" thing.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That's the very question being asked on the forum I stole the stats from "the Triumph RAT forum".
    I think it will come down to the old cruiser thing where a lot of people like the style but don't like Harley due to their image problem.
    Plus at the end of the day it's just another bike a most people today don't give a shit about that "real thing" thing.
    I'd beg to differ as if you do a direct comparison between a HD and say one of Yammy, Suzukis top line cruisers the jap one often comes out on top for build quality, handling etc. But, they are not a 'Harley'.

Ditto the Victory HD comparison.

How often do you meet someone new (who does not ride) who when finding out you ride askes 'do you have a harley?' Image and marketing done extremely well.

I'm still adament that the Japanese should develop their own style of cruiser - branch away from the HD clone imaging, get inspiration from the USA drag bikes or similar. And a csuiser does not need to be a V twin!

Bike
    I'd beg to differ as if you do a direct comparison between a HD and say one of Yammy, Suzukis top line cruisers the jap one often comes out on top for build quality, handling etc. But, they are not a 'Harley'.

How often do you meet someone new (who does not ride) who when finding out you ride askes 'do you have a harley?' Image and marketing done extremely well.

I'm still adament that the Japanese should develop their own style of cruiser - branch away from the HD clone imaging, get inspiration from the USA drag bikes or similar. And a csuiser does not need to be a V twin!
    They did just that in the 1980's
    the V-max wasnt the only 'power/drag cruiser' made

Yamaha FZ750 fazer
    Suzuki Madura
    Honda Magna
    and I owned a ZL1000 Eliminator, which I think was the prettiest of the lot
    outside the USA apart from the Max, they just either never took off, or possibly they just didnt try to market them very well. The ruddy Virago and VT1100 out sold the other Max equivalents
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike

You beg to differ on what ?

Mate,,your talking/arguing with the wrong person,,,I don't care one way or the other.
    All I said is some people like the style but don't like Harley,who the fuck said anything about quality ?

And your adament they should copy yet another idea of somebody elses,,,hell yeah that makes sense

How often do I get asked if I ride a Harley ?,,,never,,,but it's only been 40 years so there's still time.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    How often do I get asked if I ride a Harley ?,,,never,,,but it's only been 40 years so there's still time.
    Seriously? - happens all the farking time to me. Must hang out with a different crowd.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Seriously? - happens all the farking time to me. Must hang out with a different crowd.
    Frequently, last time it happened was Wednesday
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Try dating, every bird you tell you ride a bike says, Oh a harley!!!
    fuck, I want to get one just so dating new chic's dose not become a story on why I dont.
    Aside from that, I think this little bike looks good.
    Looking forward to seeing some performance tests.
    As a side note, I was looking at a Yamaha Warrior this past week that somebody has just imported from usa.
    A very nice piece of equipment indeed.
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Subike View Post
    Try dating, every bird you tell you ride a bike says, Oh a harley!!!
    fuck, I want to get one just so dating new chic's dose not become a story on why I dont.
    Aside from that, I think this little bike looks good.
    Looking forward to seeing some performance tests.
    As a side note, I was looking at a Yamaha Warrior this past week that somebody has just imported from usa.
    A very nice piece of equipment indeed.
    Just tell them you ride a Harley....they wont know the difference most of the time..... Its a Yamaha or Honda or Suzuki model Harley

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    Just tell them you ride a Harley....they wont know the difference most of the time..... Its a Yamaha or Honda or Suzuki model Harley
    Mate the girls that I associate with DO know the difference.

They are not the post adolesent bimbos from milk bars with beesting tits and shapless asses.
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Subike View Post
    Mate the girls that I associate with DO know the difference.

They are not the post adolesent bimbos from milk bars with beesting tits and shapless asses.
    Simple answer is, if they are the 'brainless' bimbo's (young or old) that have swallowed the marketing bullshit, hook line and sinker? Are they the ones you'd WANT to be dating, anyway?

Thread Information