Thread: Suzuki Gladius advice?

Bike
    ZX14R, KX500E16, CR500R

Suzuki Gladius advice?

Hi and , and on behalf of my partner - she's just bought a Suzuki Gladius 650 online and it won't be here for a few days as it's being delivered from the other end of the country.

2011 and very low km's, could'nt pass it up.

Anyone on this thread had much experience with them ?

It's her first bike since the CG125 she rode to 'Uni about 20+ years ago. This is going to be interesting !

Cheers ,

Rob

Bike
    SV1K
    Rode one a couple of years ago, nice smooth ride, stable, bullet proof. Well done.
    Couldn't afford one then so got the sv650naked and I can't find anything I want more... was lookin at a Speed triple but cant afford that either. Actually after 3 yrs with the sv I still cant find a bike that does everything better. Enjoy

Bike
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
    My wife has one and she absolutely loves it - be warned!

We put a BOS pipe on it to give it some presence and warn others that she is coming. It worked, she has not harmed anyone so far.

Like any upgrade, the extra weight at walking speed is the test.
    Always pass an ambulance, you will probably need it later

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Hi,

I've road tested a couple of them:

2009 Gladius road test

2010 road test

Hope these help,

Cheers,

Bob
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    1998 CBR 900RR
    Just dug out an old Performance Bikes magazine where they had one for a long termer.

They had a 2010 model and these are the mods they thought improved it.

New pipe and power comander
    Changed the fork oil from 5wt to 10wt to improve the damping
    Swaped the shock for a 2008 GSXR600 shock
    A higher Suzuki Gladius seat (apparently a std option) and lower Renthal bars to change weight distribution forward to 50/50
    Rear sets
    Pirrelli Diablo Rosso tyres

Improved lap times by 2 seconds over a std bike and made it more composed over bumps and around bends.
    Hope that helps.

Bike
    When I decided that I was sick of cruisers, and was riding everyone else's bike to see what I wanted, I had a ride on a Gladius. So easy to ride, I think that it is an ideal bike for someone upgrading from a small bike like a 125. I think she will be very pleased with it. Looks good and it fun and very forgiving to ride. Nice and light too.
    fun times ahead!

Bike
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Thanks Dogboy900, some nice ideas there.

I'll run them past the boss. She already pushes me around the corners, these upgrades may give her the speed to pass
    Always pass an ambulance, you will probably need it later

Bike
    GL1800
    Well done, my Wife, GoGal has one now too - a nice upgrade from her VT750, although on the short side (162cm) I wanted her to experience some real handling and She loves it.

Had hers lowered but still tippy toes

When launched they used a pink and white one as the test bike and firmly aimed it Ladies and I feel that took the piss a bit as they are an awesome bike all round. I feel they would benefit from braided brake lines, but only after getting carried away over the Okahukura Saddle with a cheesy grin on my face!

Not many around but universally loved!

Enjoy

Shafty
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by shafty View Post
    Well done, my Wife, GoGal has one now too - a nice upgrade from her VT750, although on the short side (162cm) I wanted her to experience some real handling and She loves it.

Shafty
    My friend Tink (here on KB) has one and she would be shorter than your wife. You could ask her who lowered hers... she loves hers!
    I had a VT750 and I agree that this is a nice upgrade.

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries

Wink

Yup I had a dogbone put in mine, we also cut and re-soldered the stand, so the bike had some tip when on the stand, made a lot of difference lowering the bike. I put a new exhaust (yoshi) on, and changed the mirrors, reflective wheel rims for night riding. I want to get rid of the catalytic converter, as it hits speed bumps that are either high, or narrow. Over all I love the bike... it is my 2nd owned bike, and the only one I tried at Mr Motorcycles in Pukekohe. I am a huge suzuki fan!

My bike is a 2011, had it two years now, in mint condition still and rides like a dream (I need to get some rider skills in tho admittedly, to get more out of the bike).

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shafty View Post

When launched they used a pink and white one as the test bike and firmly aimed it Ladies and I feel that took the piss a bit as they are an awesome bike all round. I feel they would benefit from braided brake lines, but only after getting carried away over the Okahukura Saddle with a cheesy grin on my face!

Not many around but universally loved!

Enjoy

Shafty
    I am 1.56, and Mr Motorcycles lowered mine in Pukekohe, the stand adjustment Boman did for me....

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Yup I had a dogbone put in mine, we also cut and re-soldered the stand, so the bike had some tip when on the stand, made a lot of difference lowering the bike. I put a new exhaust (yoshi) on, and changed the mirrors, reflective wheel rims for night riding. I want to get rid of the catalytic converter, as it hits speed bumps that are either high, or narrow. Over all I love the bike... it is my 2nd owned bike, and the only one I tried at Mr Motorcycles in Pukekohe. I am a huge suzuki fan!

My bike is a 2011, had it two years now, in mint condition still and rides like a dream (I need to get some rider skills in tho admittedly, to get more out of the bike).
    Soldered or welded?...
    Annes bike has been lowered and had 12mm added to the sole of her boots (The Shoe Sheriff in Newmarket) I took the side stand to an engineering firm and got a wee bit cut out of it (maybe only 15mm?)

Someone left her Gladius here one night with the keys left in it...it was only correct that I take it for a ride, very nice.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Oh hell yeah! We had fun that night! Lucky we thought to disconnect the speedo and then remove the NOS kit when we were done! Good times!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    A Red German one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Soldered or welded?...
    Annes bike has been lowered and had 12mm added to the sole of her boots (The Shoe Sheriff in Newmarket) I took the side stand to an engineering firm and got a wee bit cut out of it (maybe only 15mm?)

Someone left her Gladius here one night with the keys left in it...it was only correct that I take it for a ride, very nice.

Welded....

"No matter what bike you ride. It's all the same wind in your face"

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Soldered or welded?...

Not being an engineer, or having clue about metal... you are correct it was weldered here at home! ... I am sure Mom is my height, 1.56cm?

Thread Information