Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zxr600

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    There already is a ZZR600 racing in pre'89s. Raced him at Paeroa.
    If the guy had been had the pointy end of the field it would have been noticed.

[/QUOTE]
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    If the guy had been had the pointy end of the field it would have been noticed.
    [/QUOTE]

ZZR600 were available in NZ at the end of 1989. They are a 1990 model but as it was available before December 1989 it is legal.
    As the rules stand any 1990 models including USD forked GSXR are eligible as most were available before December 1989.
    I have brought this up many times but the rules were not changed, hence a ZZR600 is eligible.
    Aussie have the same problem, their pre'95 class now includes 96-97 GSXR750s as they were available before December cut off date.
    Ideally the cut off date should be July.
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post

Re Duncan's work to get a bike approved - he's done the home work - it's HIS knowledge / IP. It's up to YOU to prove your bike is eligible and this is as it is written in the rule book.

So .....
    I could build the same bike as this Duncan gentleman and then if i was asked for proof of eligability i could simply state " his is leagal so as we are in the same class its all good " , i could then just tag on to his evidence of eligability and it could never be refused as it seems the evidence thats asked for is " was it done in the day" ? this is taken care of if a guy has already had it approved by the governing body, therfore anybody can copy a pre approved format. Am i reading that too simply ???
    PS; I did a few things in the day to my bikes that would never be as good as some proddie bikes lol and i was running F2 .
    Paul.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracingoldfart View Post
    So .....
    I could build the same bike as this Duncan gentleman and then if i was asked for proof of eligability i could simply state " his is leagal so as we are in the same class its all good " , i could then just tag on to his evidence of eligability and it could never be refused as it seems the evidence thats asked for is " was it done in the day" ? this is taken care of if a guy has already had it approved by the governing body, therfore anybody can copy a pre approved format. Am i reading that too simply ???
    PS; I did a few things in the day to my bikes that would never be as good as some proddie bikes lol and i was running F2 .
    Paul.
    Read the rule book.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    So .....
    Paul.

25.2.2. The onus of proof rests with the entrant or rider of the machine.

IF you are the one riding the bike or being protested it is up to YOU to prove it. NO ONE ELSE. Dribbling about every one else doing it will probably get the same result as saying to the coppa's, every one else was going 120, so you have to let me off. They may be next in the protest queue anyway.

1) Assume is make an ASS out U and ME.
    2) Never believe everything you think.

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    25.2.2. The onus of proof rests with the entrant or rider of the machine.

IF you are the one riding the bike or being protested it is up to YOU to prove it. NO ONE ELSE. Dribbling about every one else doing it will probably get the same result as saying to the coppa's, every one else was going 120, so you have to let me off. They may be next in the protest queue anyway.

1) Assume is make an ASS out U and ME.
    2) Never believe everything you think.
    Im not an ass , im on the other side
    I never believe anything i think i read.

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Im not an ass , im on the other side
    I never believe anything i think i read.
    Email the NZPCRA Technical Commitee http://www.nzpostclassics.org.nz/contact.php
    and if its OK keep the email as proof.
    Easy as .........

Bike
    I sold it
    Email the NZPCRA Technical Commitee http://www.nzpostclassics.org.nz/contact.php
    and if its OK keep the email as proof.
    Easy as .........

Shit Peter , dont think for a second i want to build a Kawasaki , my god man are you insane

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Shit Peter , dont think for a second i want to build a Kawasaki , my god man are you insane
    Its a Honda, with a funny frame thingy.

Bike
    I sold it
    Its a Honda, with a funny frame thingy.

Ohh well thats ok then , its those Green things and the Suzuki's that worry me a bit.

Bike
    tedium

ZZR600 were available in NZ at the end of 1989. They are a 1990 model but as it was available before December 1989 it is legal.
    I don't think so. Unless NZ was the first country on the planet to get them...5 months ahead of the rest of the planet....seems a bit unlikely.

Everything I've read Kawasaki's has the ZZR600 coming out in Australia and Europe in April 1990. You're possibly confusing with GPX600.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Every forum on Kawasaki's has the ZZR600 coming out in April 1990.
    The rules only state "manufactured" not available

So long as it was manufactured prior to the end of December 1989 and isn't specicially excluded then it "should" be legal
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    The rules only state "manufactured" not available

So long as it was manufactured prior to the end of December 1989 and isn't specifically excluded then it "should" be legal

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21982482/K...Service-Manual

Onis is on proving it was manufactured on or before 1989, otherwise I'll be bringing along a 1994 Ducati 916 and leaving it to everyone to prove it wasn't manufactured in 1989.

Manufactured applies to complete machine, including rego plate holder

Bike
    BSA A10
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/21982482/K...Service-Manual

Onis is on proving it was manufactured on or before 1989, otherwise I'll be bringing along a 1994 Ducati 916 and leaving it to everyone to prove it wasn't manufactured in 1989.

Manufactured applies to complete machine, including rego plate holder
    Doesn't work like that, it's up to the competitior to provide the proof of legality and then if the NZPCRA dont like it they'll get a rule done to specifically exclude it anyway like they did with the RZ350 in pre82

Not that it's proof but
    http://www.bikesales.com.au/reviews/...i-zzr600-13935
    Much has changed in the marketplace since the ZZ-R's worldwide release back in 1989.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Doesn't work like that, it's up to the competitior to provide the proof of legality and then if the NZPCRA dont like it they'll get a rule done to specifically exclude it anyway like they did with the RZ350 in pre82

Not that it's proof but
    http://www.bikesales.com.au/reviews/...i-zzr600-13935
    Much has changed in the marketplace since the ZZ-R's worldwide release back in 1989.
    One factually incorrect article that contradicts itself further down the article. Couldn't have been a worldwide release in 89 of Australia didn't get it until 1990.

"D1 DEBUT
    The original ZZ-R600, dubbed the D1, first saw the light of Australia in early 1990, with the E model entering the market in 1993. The 2001 model is designated the E9."

Thread Information