Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zxr600

Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    I don't think so. Unless NZ was the first country on the planet to get them...5 months ahead of the rest of the planet....seems a bit unlikely.

Everything I've read Kawasaki's has the ZZR600 coming out in Australia and Europe in April 1990. You're possibly confusing with GPX600.
    Go into any bike shop in November and you can buy next years model. I believe the ZZR600 in question was register end of 89. A friend of mine had a 1990 GSXR1100L with the upside down forks that was registered in Dec 89 but was told it wouldn't be eligible for pre89's, he could have forced the issue but instead races a 89 K model.
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    Go into any bike shop in November and you can buy next years model. I believe the ZZR600 in question was register end of 89. A friend of mine had a 1990 GSXR1100L with the upside down forks that was registered in Dec 89 but was told it wouldn't be eligible for pre89's, he could have forced the issue but instead races a 89 K model.
    Hey, if someone can demonstrate their local bike shop had a ZZR600 for sale in 1989 then I'll rush out and buy one as with 98 pones (before tuning) they'd piss over everything else in Pre-89 junior. Until then, they're not eligible (IMHO).

You're correct though...the posties assoc need to tighten up and clarify their rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Hey, if someone can demonstrate their local bike shop had a ZZR600 for sale in 1989 then I'll rush out and buy one
    They dont have to have been sold in the local bike shop or anywhere else in the world, they only have to have been manufactured, find a pic of one leaving the factory or at a bike show in 1989
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    They dont have to have been sold in the local bike shop or anywhere else in the world, they only have to have been manufactured, find a pic of one leaving the factory or at a bike show in 1989
    I would but I don't think there exists a picture of a ZZR600 at a bike show in 1989 because I suspect the Japanese would have kept it under top secret wraps until its official release. Therefore I doubt there is proof that a ZZR600 was manufactured in 1989. Therefore they shouldn't be racing in pre89.

If someone proves me wrong then I'll eat my words about "never buying another bloody Kawasaki" and face the humiliation of riding a ZZR600.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    This is the rule section from the Aussie rules I would like implemented here with regards to dating

16.4.0.3 The eligibility and dating of Historic motorcycles shall be considered in terms of major and minor components and the period of the motorcycle shall be the period of the latest major component.
    16.4.0.4 For all historic competition, the year of the manufacture of a motorcycle is defined as the year of manufacture of the machine or of its latest major component.
    16.4.0.5 For the purpose of these rules “Year of \manufacture” is defined as the year in which:
    a) For a road based bike the machine or its latest major component was first generally available for sale and delivery to the purchaser,
    b) For a race bike the year in which the machine or the latest major component first appeared in open competition.

Bike
    Various
    [QUOTE=Kickaha;1130522765]Doesn't work like that, it's up to the competitior to provide the proof of legality and then if the NZPCRA dont like it they'll get a rule done to specifically exclude it anyway like they did with the RZ350 in pre82

Pretty sure the RZ wasn't released until 83, the first time the 250 was raced in NZ was July 83 at the Vic winter series by Bryan Forbes & Eddie Kattenberg (Mike Pero may have also been on one) where they trounced the much more expensive & on paper more competitive RG250 which were also making their debut. Can't remember the 350 being available earlier but have been mistaken before.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcktfsh View Post
    Pretty sure the RZ wasn't released until 83, the first time the 250 was raced in NZ was July 83 at the Vic winter series by Bryan Forbes & Eddie Kattenberg (Mike Pero may have also been on one) where they trounced the much more expensive & on paper more competitive RG250 which were also making their debut. Can't remember the 350 being available earlier but have been mistaken before.
    It doesn't have to be released or available , the wording in the rule book is manufactured why do people seem to struggle so much to understand that?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    Various
    With them not being raced until July 83 I can't see them being manufactured in 82 as we were normally at the front of the line for new releases, but as I said could be mistaken.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcktfsh View Post
    With them not being raced until July 83 I can't see them being manufactured in 82 as we were normally at the front of the line for new releases, but as I said could be mistaken.
    There was one on display in October 82 at a bike show in France, Therefore at least one was manufactured, that's all it takes

I wasn't specifically talking about the RZ anyway just pointing out, released, for sale, available have nothing to with it it is "manufactured" that counts going by the rule book

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    What the hell are you trying to get me into here Stevie?

Ya wanna do it right, zzr if you can prove they were sold here pre 1990.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    There was one on display in October 82 at a bike show in France, Therefore at least one was manufactured, that's all it takes

I wasn't specifically talking about the RZ anyway just pointing out, released, for sale, available have nothing to with it it is "manufactured" that counts going by the rule book
    hence my suggestion we copy the aussie rules, rather than have to exclude certain bikes which would always cause you to miss one....

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Ya wanna do it right, zzr if you can prove they were sold here pre 1990.
    You're as thick as the rest of them, you dont have to prove they were sold, but if you could then it could be sold anywhere in the world not just NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    hence my suggestion we copy the aussie rules, rather than have to exclude certain bikes which would always cause you to miss one....
    Makes more sense than manufactured, although it doesn't really matter someone somewhere will still find something about the rule to whine about

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    You're as thick as the rest of them, you dont have to prove they were sold, but if you could then it could be sold anywhere in the world not just NZ
    OK, so we contact Kawasaki and find out when the first ZZR600 was sold. Presales would have been as early as August '89 I imagine. And then he sells the horrible CBR sitting at my place and we build something good.

Makes more sense than manufactured, although it doesn't really matter someone somewhere will still find something about the rule to whine about
    Mostly people whine because they have something they want to use, that very nearly fits the rules I think.

If the 1990 GSXR1100 was available before December 1989 (and I don't think it was), lots of people who are all about Suzuki would be able to get a lot closer to the lap times of an FZR1000, then currently.

Bike
    BSA A10
    OK, so we contact Kawasaki and find out when the first ZZR600 was sold. .
    Manufactured not sold Dickhead
    If the 1990 GSXR1100 was available before December 1989
    Manufactured not available Dickhead

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Manufactured not sold Dickhead
    I'm pretty sure the general consensus is to the contrary. I've argued exactly what you are saying, and few if any saw it the same...Cunt.

Thread Information