Thread: Playday at Hampton Downs Good Friday, 29 March?

Bike
    Custom Nifty-Fiity. SR71

Playday at Hampton Downs Good Friday, 29 March?

I have a mate who is looking for a ticket if anyone has one but can no longer make it.

Anyone else going? There's only one bike group and has sold out already.

I'm a little worried as it's my first track day and there's only one bike group. There will obviously be a large spread of abilities / speed / experience etc. Guess I'll figure it out. Gotta be safer than going fast on the road tho, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i just slammed my cock in the car door. Im going to complain to holden, as they didnt put a sign on the door advising me to either wear pants, or avoid slamming it on my penis.
    Fucksake. Hang yourself.

Bike
    Italian
    You'll be alright. Just hold your line, and don't worry about people who may or may not be behind you. If there are faster riders behind you, it'll be up to the passing bike to get around you safely with a gap of 2m throughout the passing maneuver. Playday also have a "first timers" programme where they'll show you the track, some possible lines and some techniques for riding on track. Just identify yourself as a first timer at the riders' briefing (which they'll ask anyway).

Bike
    Custom Nifty-Fiity. SR71

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DidJit View Post
    You'll be alright. Just hold your line, and don't worry about people who may or may not be behind you. If there are faster riders behind you, it'll be up to the passing bike to get around you safely with a gap of 2m throughout the passing maneuver. Playday also have a "first timers" programme where they'll show you the track, some possible lines and some techniques for riding on track. Just identify yourself as a first timer at the riders' briefing (which they'll ask anyway).
    I hear that people reduce a few pounds of tyre pressure for track riding. What are the reasons for this? More grip or quicker warm up etc?
    i just slammed my cock in the car door. Im going to complain to holden, as they didnt put a sign on the door advising me to either wear pants, or avoid slamming it on my penis.
    Fucksake. Hang yourself.

Bike
    Italian
    Yep, more grip. Check with the Playday staff on the day and they'll make a suggestion based on your ride and what tyres you're using. Probably something in the area of 30psi front and rear. Just bear in mind that it'll take you 2–3 laps of "easy does it" to get the tyres up to temperature (unless you have tyre warmers) before you can start pushing.

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    And lastly Dan, if in doubt wind it out!
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    Custom Nifty-Fiity. SR71

Bump

A friend is still keen on a ticket if anyone can't make it.
    Fucksake. Hang yourself.

Bike
    Suzuki DR Diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by Damantis View Post
    I hear that people reduce a few pounds of tyre pressure for track riding. What are the reasons for this? More grip or quicker warm up etc?
    Believe me you don't ride fast enough to muck around with the tyre pressure and neither do I.

Bike
    Custom Nifty-Fiity. SR71

I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by 307a View Post
    Believe me you don't ride fast enough to muck around with the tyre pressure and neither do I.

I was doing 205 on the speedo up the main straight and people were flying past me at about 270!

On the upside, my tyres now look much more respectable! What an awesome day!
    Fucksake. Hang yourself.

Bike
    R6
    Sweet day on the track... Anyone know who was taking flicks around the course during the day?

Bike
    Custom Nifty-Fiity. SR71

A guy posted this on the Playday on track FB page

Quote Originally Posted by hang0ver View Post
    Sweet day on the track... Anyone know who was taking flicks around the course during the day?
    http://youtu.be/PeNKuGdHTs0

Should be links to some photos eventually
    Fucksake. Hang yourself.

Thread Information