Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CDMTCI combined club ride

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I've been a member of the club for a few years now and you guys would enjoy our ride I'm sure. There will no doubt be one faster group who will be getting in the cold drinks by the time the slower ones (like me!) arrive at the said country watering hole! Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    '06 ZX6R with Flames!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhunt
    Cool, I'll probably go with you guys as it's a bit closer than wellington and haven't had anything to do with your club at all.
    Good to hear local support is alive and well.

Cheers people
    Cheers Busted #66
    "If I make it out the drive Its a good day!"

Bike
    Vegas 8Ball 2014 Ultra

we will be there mate!!!

I will stand guard at rexs Busted and make sure they go straight to BP METRO
    We will be there!!!
    Bulge Rat
    Anglo American Motorcycle Club

Bike
    '06 ZX6R with Flames!
    yeah cheers for that ... helps to know where the trouble makers are
    Cheers Busted #66

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ER6F
    i'll be there just have to work especially hard on saturday
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I was feeling a bit crook so rode up to the start point with my husband then headed home. Apologies to the poor bugger (may have been a GB400 or similar - whoops, sorry Phantom!) who followed me all the way to the rocket/No 1 Line before realising I was actually heading home to Levin! I didn't think much of it until I noticed the bike that had been following me all the way from BP Metro had turned and was heading back to PN! I hope everyone who did take part (in excess of 40 bikes from what I hear) had a great ride and fingers crossed we'll do it all again soon.

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ER6F
    No problem Beemer, thought it was probably you and realised you were probably heading home but initially thought OK if I've missed the guys then I'll go for a bit of a ride myself but found myself in the sort of mood that wasn't condusive (sp ?) to riding a motor bike safely and headed back home. I am unfortunately one of those people who gets inordinately worked up about things that don't work as they should and I also HATE being late for things. No one elses fault but mine. Hope the rest of you guys had a good ride and the rain didn't put a dampener on things. Catch up another time
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    My husband said it was a good ride, on some roads even he didn't know. Not sure exactly where they headed but they ended up at the cafe at the Domain in Ashhurst. If I'd known two of the guys were heading straight there in a vehicle I would have followed them and had a bite to eat but I only thought of that when I got home!

I expected you to pull up next to me at the lights at some stage and ask if I was on the ride - next time I'll pull over and let you know what I'm up to! I thought at first it was just coincidence when a bike followed me, but then I started thinking "I bet he thinks I'm heading where the rest of the guys are!" I figured if you felt like a ride you could follow me home and I would have given you a cuppa and a bit of cake! I was a bit disappointed when I looked in the mirror and saw you turn and head back to PN.

It was a nice little squirt for me, thankfully I had decided not to go flat out along the Opiki road because there were two cops coming towards me! A truck flashed me just south of Shannon to warn me of a cop parked at the top near Heights Road. And all the bikers I passed waved - good result!

Bike
    Vegas 8Ball 2014 Ultra

twas a good day

cheers Busted and 15 triumphs looked good huh!!!
    good to see you at rexs and i hear a rumour [that i started] that you would love to be a rat!!
    Cya on wednesday
    Anglo American Motorcycle Club

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10

next time

It was a shame cause I blew my clutch last Thursday. I was keen as to get on this ride but no go. Finally got the clutch plates today and bike is back up and running so next time I will be there.

Bike
    GSX-R600K3
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz
    It was a shame cause I blew my clutch last Thursday. I was keen as to get on this ride but no go. Finally got the clutch plates today and bike is back up and running so next time I will be there.
    Cool glad you got it going again. I'm sure we'll be going for ride on sunday if you are keen to test it out. Glenn and I dropped past to have look at your stuffed biked and to pick my map up but obviouslly you weren't there.
    Life is difficult because it is non-linear.

Bike
    04 ZX10R 98 ZX9R #10

sweet.

Ill be keen for Sunday. throw me a text and I will be there. Might have to be working till 11 or so but after that will be all good. Map.. yes I did have your map.Not real sure what I did with it at this stage. Might have to invest in a new one for ya.

Bike
    '06 ZX6R with Flames!

Cheers all involved

Thanks for the support people

The day was a huge success and made the effort involved in putting it on all worth while.

And yes there were a few triumphs there ... but only one KTM (aka carrot)! And sorry but my bike apparently makes ineligible to be a "RAT"

We will more than likely make this one an annual event from now on. I will fine tune it a bit for next year and make the ride a bit longer as this was the only complaint.

So thank's to all those of you that came along. And to the rest, hopefully we will see you next year

Busted
    Cheers Busted #66

Bike
    gsxr 1100r
    hey guys have you got any rides coming up?
    as im an x palmy girl and now own a bike.....hehehehe
    it may be a big bike but i know whos legs its been between

Bike
    '06 ZX6R with Flames!
    Quote Originally Posted by krash69
    hey guys have you got any rides coming up?
    as im an x palmy girl and now own a bike.....hehehehe
    Hey

Have got our usual club events and rides going on all the time. But not much that warrents listing on here at the moment.

The next big one planned is our inter club ride but that's not till October when daylight savings starts again sorry.

If your keen to tag along some time or see what were up to I could organise a magzine to send out to you?
    Cheers Busted #66

Thread Information