Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with sunrise & sunset?

Bike
    '03 FXD
    Tilt your head,use your left hand as a "visor",wear sunnies...
    As mentioned it's for a very short time frame now.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    Run a row of electrical tape along the top edge of your visor. With the visor closed place it below the helmet edge. This gives you the ability to tilt your head a bit and have the direct sun out of your eyes without obscuring the entire field of sight. not a very good explanation I am afraid but if you have a look at the pics on this thread you will see what I mean. Works a treat
    I've found electrical tape a bit thin. To get the best effect ... the old grey 90 mph tape that every biker should carry in his bag is good. It lets little light through and gives a good shadow over the eyes.

But some times ... you still just end up only able to see the road six feet in front of you. There are many roads here in the south that I avoid at sunset (The Pig Root SH85 is the worst). I stop for coffee and/or a feed and wait until dark.

Sunrise is seldom an issue here with all the mountains blocking the sunrise.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    It was on the good
    Move house.

Bike
    VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by MIXONE View Post
    Aha, unfortunately DST ending is only going to make it worse. As it is, the sun is only just cresting the motorway as im getting near the end of the motorway. Shit moving an hour back is gonna lead to me getting blinded for at least another month or more

Tinted visor + sunnies sounds like a winner.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by MIXONE View Post
    this is my method plus sunnies. sometimes tilting head down and rolling eyes up so the rim of the helmet acts as a visor. If you have to ride some distance with sun strike I would suggest stopping for a few minutes to let the sun move, even with the sun "visored" out the glare is still a risk.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    R100GSPD
    make sure your visor is clean and as scratch free ass possible...pledge is the bomb.tinted visor helps a bit too

Bike
    2008 S40 Boulevard
    I use the tinted visor & sunnies combo aswell.
    It works pretty well. Now I dont like to ride with out it, but unfortunatley if you use the combo too much your eyes get accustomed to the light levels.
    Now when I get sunstrike, It still hurts, because my eyes have become complacent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Connolly
    "The question is not, How far do we have to go?..............The question is, Do you have the constitution to go as far as is needed?".

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    I bought some of that tinted strip that cars stick on the top of their windscreens. I cut two 1 inch strips and stuck them on the top of my visor. It works perfectly for me.

Note - if you cut a 2 inch strip it kinks and won't stick properly - hence two 1 inch strips stuck side by side.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Thread Information