Thread: Motorcycle gymkhana?

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo

Thumbs up Motorcycle gymkhana?

Would anyone be interested in a Motorcycle Gymkharna group?

Been practising a bit myself, despite not really having the right bike I love the challenge!

Would anyone be interested in meeting up out west regularly for some practice?

I need a few more cones, will get some more if anyone else is keen...

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    a red heap
    Pm gremlin to get your search button fixed.

Then pm katman, hes about 12 months ahead of you.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    My search button works fine... I'm guessing they can't spell? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gymkharna.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	280460
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Pm gremlin to get your search button fixed.

Then pm katman, hes about 12 months ahead of you.
    We should buy tickets when they go on sale...not to enter...just sit and watch, would be well worth the money.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    We should buy tickets when they go on sale...not to enter...just sit and watch, would be well worth the money.
    Been doing it for 6months+ already... so sorry your shit outta luck if your thinking I will fall off...
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    I usually unbolt the centre stand to increase ground clearance a bit hehe but with a big bike that only has a 3m full lock turning circle it makes this quite fun! !!
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    SV 650 Race bike, ZZR 250 in pieces
    Blog Entries
    You have the NASS group that meets at Westgate and ends up in Albany every Wednesday, they usually do Gymkhana.

Once I get back onto a steed I will join ya, need to scrub up on my slow speed skills.
    Rest in peace Tony - you will be missed.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Chef View Post
    You have the NASS group that meets at Westgate and ends up in Albany every Wednesday, they usually do Gymkhana.
    LOL last time I went on the NASS ride at westgate I was stuck behind the lead rider who refused to go over 80kmph even on straights posted at 100kmph... then took us through road works... friend and I went along to see what it was like... we peeled off and went for a decent ride... sooo fucking boring otherwise.

Besides, they only do figure 8's and slaloms on those things. When I ran it it was sooo much better - we had see-saw's and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Chef View Post
    Once I get back onto a steed I will join ya, need to scrub up on my slow speed skills.
    Sounds like a plan.... just got heaps of cones today, lost a load when I left them outside and high winds we had a few weeks back blew them all over the neighbourhood....
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    SV 650 Race bike, ZZR 250 in pieces
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    LOL last time I went on the NASS ride at westgate I was stuck behind the lead rider who refused to go over 80kmph even on straights posted at 100kmph... then took us through road works... friend and I went along to see what it was like... we peeled off and went for a decent ride... sooo fucking boring otherwise.

Besides, they only do figure 8's and slaloms on those things. When I ran it it was sooo much better - we had see-saw's and everything.

Sounds like a plan.... just got heaps of cones today, lost a load when I left them outside and high winds we had a few weeks back blew them all over the neighbourhood....
    Yea fair call, it is definitely catered for learners. I was holding the markers for a while so went down some unused road and set up some crazy courses, changed them when I could get through with minimal braking and full lock through most of them.

Definitely helps the riding!
    Rest in peace Tony - you will be missed.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    My search button works fine... I'm guessing they can't spell?
    Yeah, their spelling.

Bike
    2002 vtr250
    My search button works fine... I'm guessing they can't spell? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gymkharna.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	280460
    Try gymkhana

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Watching DD slow manoeuvre his bike (''despite not really having the right bike'') would be like taking a piss on tip toes, doable but a big margin for error..

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Been doing it for 6months+ already... so sorry your shit outta luck if your thinking I will fall off...
    In my (limited) experience this about the time you start chasing the clock & start falling off I'm stuck at mid to low 30's on my GP8's.

I hope you can get something started but we are a bit far away to get involved.

The motogymkhana organisation in the UK are in the process of making a rule & course design manual available. It's taking a bit of time because it's all based out of Japan. PM me if you want any info, the main guy posts on another forum with his info & up dates.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    A recent bit of Tabibito, he of the red CBR which got so much attention. Just for inspirations sake.

Manopausal.

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Thanks for that .. now I realise just how crap a rider I really am!

:-)

Thread Information