Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Repainting tank on GN250?

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post

it was getting dark do the bike looks a bit maroon
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSR View Post
    Have you thought about painting the guards? Dark red and black would be pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    I'll reserve my thoughts on colour until I see it in natural light
    Ok, so far I'm liking it, but I'm looking forward to see it in real life tonight, and with decals. You might want to think about what JMSR said, though. It would look pretty neat if the front guard was panted the same red and had a black stripe in the middle. Would match the screen quite nicely in my opinion.

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    Ok, so far I'm liking it, but I'm looking forward to see it in real life tonight, and with decals. You might want to think about what JMSR said, though. It would look pretty neat if the front guard was panted the same red and had a black stripe in the middle. Would match the screen quite nicely in my opinion.
    Possibly. But I'm too poor now. I think apart from some decals and maybe a nice badge, that's it for her. No point investing any more money on the bike apart from normal maintenance!
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Like the copper-y colour, reminds me of one of these which I also quite like.

Skulls?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	281231  

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Honest opinion, I would not be overly happy with that...if the colour (at the very least) looks 'brighter' in the flesh, then mmmmmmm maybe?
    A vibrant colour with white pearl added would have been the winner with no badges/stripes. But as it is now?, it really needs something to lift it because without the word Suzuki, it looks unfinished, almost like a home job.

Sorry to sound so negative, I am going on my first thoughts after seeing the pics.
    I understand the $12-1500 bike V money spent on it, I am a tight bastard when it comes to spending money on bikes...fuel/rego/tyres...done!
    If I were to go to the effort of changing the colour and getting it done professionally, I would expect nothing the best outcome.
    I attempted something similar with a Yamaha I once owned (added some yellow shit) didn't really do it for me in the end, so sold it.

Here is Annes brand new 05' GN...for a stock colour, it was really nice, even with the badges/stripes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big red.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	769.1 KB 
ID:	281265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YZF600.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	517.9 KB 
ID:	281266  

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't really look like the pictures and the pics ARE of it unfinished. I am getting custom badges put on the side in the next month or so when I decide what I want. I reckon it looks cool. Getting pearl was too expensive for this colour. I'm happy, it looks different which is what I wanted.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    And ultimately thats all that matters.

Thread Information