Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RG - Extensive clean

Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    Quote Originally Posted by gammaguy View Post
    I'll take ten for starters.....depending on price of course
    Still waiting for a price for the laser cutting, got a price but it was expensive... like I forget now but it pissed me off. So I have a mate that knows a dude with a laser and powder coating business... that means cheaper...!

10 well... fuck me.

No issue making them.. but I will get the two I have ordered done first. One sold already. To a mate to be honest.
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    So what the update?

Good question... nothing pretty much sums it up.
    Might as well go straight to degrading women... such good fun.

Q: Why do women like to have sex with the lights off?
    A: They can't stand to see a man have a good time!

What more is there to say...

But I did have a discussion with some dude on planet earth, no idea where.
    yep its the RG500 email link. No idea how many people but heaps and they are all over the world. any question... heaps of answers.

The rims on the RG are quite special it seems. A company made them for the RG so you could put on the best tyres of the time. Hard to believe that now.

Hah,

this is/was my Gamma (upper two pics are the same bike and same rims!).
    The red-white bodywork was just fitted for pictures and went to Norway arond 2002/2003 to TorEinar, if I remember correctly.
    Later on, I got the PVMs powder coated in (nearly) original blue to fit the original 1987 bodywork

The PVMs 3-spoke classic alu are of the following sizes (and long time not available any more, but special batch made for the Gamma at PVM):
    front: 3.0x16 (fitted with Metzeler ME33 120/80-16 CompK MBS)
    rear: 3.5x18 (fitted with Metzeler ME1 150/70-18 CompK MBS)

The CompK worked top for me, but were taken out of the Metzeler lists already around 1997. But one german dealer ordered a small batch of ~200 tire sets around 2004 or so, but already all were sold! I got the last one after months of searching from Czech Republic or so ...
    Later on, I heard the Bridgestone BT45 with 120 or 110 and 130 or 140 worked better than the CompKs. I never tried!
    And I have no comparison with standard sizes!

But with this setup, I always run into the ass of a GSXR600 K2 while "running" slow corners in the Eifel Mountains.
    My friend Martin started to run away only after the day, he installed the non standard tires and changed to Pirelli Super Corsa .....

What I liked most on this 16-18" combo was, that if you run on the street and coming out of fast corners and the corner was getting more tight, --- so getting of the throttle or using the breaks wasn't an option, --- , you just had to open the throttle a bit moire and the Gamma turned real nice into the new (closer) line and got out of the corner still hanging on the right side of the street.
    I always trusted in those tires and also coming out of very close corners in 1st or 2nd gear with leaning to much, giving a bit to much throttle, the tire slipped a bit and giving a bit less throttle all went best, no worries ever to get high sided!

(By the way, the guy on the second pic is not me, but my parents neighbour, who is a Harley freak (flat head 1946 or so ....) and has nowadays also an old Guzzi thingy (GüllePumpe). Didn't talk to him lately.
    He took the snow from ours onto his truck, to build a snow bar for Sylvester at the roads impasse.

Cheers
    Carsten

I am trying to add the pictures...
    One for the road...
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Bike
    While I am thinking about wheel sizes... common sense say 17inch all round.
    BUT fuck me these rims are like cool.... made for the RG...

So while I think about that I thought some breast pictures would be good... I like the letter B. So many cool things start with the letter B - beer, buds, bikes, boobs, bikinis, blow jobs... and boxes and butts if your a fag, a Grant!

Now we all like large tits... so enjoy.

photo mistressrhiannon2105390_zps9f9718d9.jpg

And I'm speech less... and just getting the last bits off before jumping in your sleeping bag!

photo karolar_zps1cf3a4c1.jpg
    One for the road...

Bike
    Dam that's not good...my sleeping bag not big enough.... a bit like looking at the rear of an RG500... big wide and with a skinny little tyre. Today it just looks well awful.
    Hell the RG lead the way for the Duke 916 with the out the back exhaust.. in the 80"s this was the best of tyre technology.

So like any normal human I WANT new modern rubber.... 16font and 18rear ... not.

So I have found that GSX600F rims are the go, even found some at the wreakers in Ngaruawahia ... yep nice people to deal with and they only wanted $700 for both rims . Oh and plus for other parts like sprocket carrier etc. excuse my language but FUCK me...! That just plan robbery.

What option do I have... hmmm ebay... been well stung there but lets have a look.... yep... there they are, just what I want and ONLY about 100 pounds for both...

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Both landed in NZ for 285 pounds for $535 nz WITH SPROKET CARRIER... yep does not seem right to be able to import rims from the UK cheaper than you can get them in NZ.
    Still pissed.
    One for the road...

Bike
    Dam that not good... a bit like look at the rear of am RG500... big wide and with a skinny little tyre. Today it just looks well awful.
    Hell the RG lead the way for the Duke 916 with the out the back exhaust.. nut in the 80"s this was the best of tyre technology.

So like any normal human I WANT new modern rubber.... 16font and 18rear ... not.

So I have found that GSX600F rims are the go, even found some at the wreakers in Ngaruawahia ... yep nice people to deal with and they only wanted $700 for both rims . Oh and plus for other parts like sprocket carrier etc. excuse my language but FUCK me...! That just plan robbery.

What option do I have... hmmm ebay... been well stung there but lets have a look.... yep... there they are, just what I want and ONLY about 100 pounds for both...

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Both landed in NZ for 285 pounds for $535 nz WITH SPROKET CARRIER... yep does not seem right to be able to import rims from the UK cheaper than you can get them in NZ.
    Still pissed.
    One for the road...

Bike
    Ok what have I been up to?

Saving... and working on my motor stand and bike stand... I keep looking at my account waiting for the donations to come streaming in... what do I need to do starve myself? Maybe I need an ear job... to be cool.

Oh that's right that's been done... to be cool you have to be ahead of the game...

with the drought this summer... yep I would look cool. But really? Na this look is old hat now...

I might go with the new lip look.... what will it be called... lip frizzbee..

Mean while I save for my new lip job... I will keep working on the RG ....
    The engine stand is looking good... needs some plastic feet and to be powder coated.

and the bike stand is moving forward...

Oh did I mention while undertaking this massive engineering feat that one might get thirsty... so what does one do?
    I learnt at school that rehydration is very important...... yep... make beer!

One for the road...

Bike
    Its been noticed....!
    Why am I doing everything?

hell, how do you answer that... ?

so many answers... "here we go... poor women having to do it all, do you think I sit in my shed and play..?" ahhh not going to use that one!

"I not sure what's changed? it just seem to take you longer these days, you might try working a little harder. To be honest if it helps I can set the alarm an hour earlier....just don't wake me up. I hate to see you stressed and it seem so obvious you need to take more time to get everything done. After all I am only trying to help" naaa no good either I think...

Yep there is only one answer... " I have absolutely no idea what your talking about, but look what I made... cool a. Can you get me a beer please?" Seemed to work so full speed ahead.

Need to find a hydraulic jack and the finish the lift part. I must say I am reasonably pleased. 3ton minimum. Dam thing weighs a ton... literally.
    Pressed the button today... paypal. Rims are on there way ... from the UK.! dirty old GSX600f rims... cheaper in the UK than NZ..!

Not know about you but I have a cold, snot running like a river... only positive is it saves on lunch.!
    One for the road...

Bike
    Drinking beer looking at the weeks work.
    Yep pleased... had the plans / idea for ages and collected steel for the ages.
    Like normal... its best not to think about it... just do it.... best advice I can give.

Starting to look cool, even the wife was impressed.. not rooted her on it yet, after all its only tacked togeather at the moment and the weight of my ... Pen.... anyway it need welding and a big plate under the jack. no good on the floor.

No shit... took boy riding on his KX65.. first time, got fire going, organised tea
    Cooked tea...
    homework done... I am deee man... not like a house.. Fuck me, what do women see in them things? more demanding than a family put together!
    One for the road...

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Love your work! On all fronts, bike, workshop, advice about woman and eloquent postings

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    That bad boy looks quite heavy. Will you be putting it on castors to move it round?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That bad boy looks quite heavy. Will you be putting it on castors to move it round?
    Heavy is correct.. dam things weighs a ton..

And casters.. yep.. casters it will have. Found some nice little ones.
    Ah not.. My guess is 200kg for the stand.. and 200kg for a big bike... asked 7yr old what that equals... 600kg.

So I have some casters rated at 150kg each x 4 = 600kg
    One for the road...

Bike
    I am thinking about the bottom plate for my bike stand, under the jack... 5mm, naa to heavy, 4mm yep that will be fine.
    While I am thinking about such an important thing I am rudely interrupted by a women winging about sore throat... like I care.... 4mm yep.. that will be good.
    "doctor said I need to rinse my throat with salt" OK, now you have my attention... Stop, stop, I can help with that... the salt rinse thing!

WHAT CAN I SAY... wrong type of salt.

So in great despair I headed for the garage, a place of solitude.
    Fuck me the fridge talks..... "beeeeer" "Beeeer" hell need to make that stop. On investigation opening the door every 30min stops the noise.

I added 3 pieces of steel to the bike stand...

What's left.... lots! need to amuse myself. That 3.5ton jack is next months spending, Oh and so were the rims from the UK.. so FA spending for 6 weeks. But that's Ok.. means I can finish this stand and start stripping the RG.

Good thing the donation should be coming in by then... might be able to give up work.
    One for the road...

Bike
    Had to add this........

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=338143932954959

I am laughing just writing this!

And this dude could be at a round about near you!
    One for the road...

Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    Nice thread Arron,

Quite the character you are! Hope your wife does not read!

When you get enough donations, save some money or sell one of your children then I will be able to rebuild your crankshafts for you.

I have drawn up a jig and it's being manufactured as we speak. Looking forward to doing the first set! Have lots to do. First set will be Damian's using the Marinello bearings and seals.

Cheers

Neil

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by NAR RG500 View Post
    Nice thread Arron,

Quite the character you are! Hope your wife does not read!

When you get enough donations, save some money or sell one of your children then I will be able to rebuild your crankshafts for you.

I have drawn up a jig and it's being manufactured as we speak. Looking forward to doing the first set! Have lots to do. First set will be Damian's using the Marinello bearings and seals.

Cheers

Neil
    Always wondered about this. So you can split any piece off the shaft using a jig, without having to pull the whole thing down?

Just musing, not likely to ever have the coin for an RG500.

Thread Information