Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 432

Thread: RG - Extensive clean

  1. #46
    Join Date
    18th November 2010 - 11:51
    Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Always wondered about this. So you can split any piece off the shaft using a jig, without having to pull the whole thing down?

    Just musing, not likely to ever have the coin for an RG500.

    Do you mean without pulling the whole crank apart?

    Cheers

  2. #47
    Join Date
    5th April 2004 - 20:04
    Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    13,212
    Quote Originally Posted by NAR RG500 View Post
    Do you mean without pulling the whole crank apart?

    Cheers
    Yeah.

    Not so bad on twin like the RG cranks, but can you pull the middle pin out of a TZ750, or the middle big end from a GT750 without starting at the outside and working toward it.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    18th November 2010 - 11:51
    Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Yeah.

    Not so bad on twin like the RG cranks, but can you pull the middle pin out of a TZ750, or the middle big end from a GT750 without starting at the outside and working toward it.

    You have to start from the outside I'm afraid, the cranks are very similar to any conventional parallel twin two stroke. The inner webs are one machined item so the crank pin can not be replaced. The jig I am making is used for indexing the pins with the mark on the drive gear. The pins must be at 90 degrees to the mark on the drive gear and of course 180 degrees apart. There are no splines or anything to help with this, hence the need for a jig. When installing the cranks you must align marks on the front and rear cranks.

    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of P1020099.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	283310  

  4. #49
    Join Date
    17th December 2003 - 20:00
    Bike
    SV1000, RG500, RD350
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,091
    Impulse rims will fit the RG. Youo need a spacer for the rear sprocket, and RZ350 disks on the front, turned down 5mm or so as I recall. Get the ones without slots.
    17" front, but not much wider than standard, 140 rear.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Peace through superior firepower...
    Build your own dyno - PM me for the link of if you want to use it (bring beer)

  5. #50
    Join Date
    5th April 2004 - 20:04
    Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    13,212
    Quote Originally Posted by NAR RG500 View Post
    You have to start from the outside I'm afraid, the cranks are very similar to any conventional parallel twin two stroke. The inner webs are one machined item so the crank pin can not be replaced. The jig I am making is used for indexing the pins with the mark on the drive gear. The pins must be at 90 degrees to the mark on the drive gear and of course 180 degrees apart. There are no splines or anything to help with this, hence the need for a jig. When installing the cranks you must align marks on the front and rear cranks.

    Cheers
    OK, thanks. I understand now.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    1st January 2007 - 19:48
    Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Location
    Singapura/Banks Peninsula
    Posts
    1,474
    Blog Entries
    1
    Impulse rear rim on my RG....yup did that years ago...runing a 130/80 17 Metz radial...handles and sticks...anything much wider and its upper exhaust pipes spacing out time,and then them lovely frame side covers get all hot and bothered and melt...well mine did anyway that's the 400 which makes 76HP more power=more heat dun it.......(ask the SV650 guys which side of my RG they saw at Ruapuna,hint,it wasn't the front).and that's not a good look is it.

    As for cranks the Japanese actually thought everyone would buy a new one instead of rebuilding them huh.

    I have a few stashed away.....but rebuilding them is not hard and all the parts are still easily available

    Wheres my engine stands?
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

  7. #52
    Join Date
    18th June 2006 - 00:14
    Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by NAR RG500 View Post
    Nice thread Arron,

    Quite the character you are! Hope your wife does not read!

    When you get enough donations, save some money or sell one of your children then I will be able to rebuild your crankshafts for you.

    I have drawn up a jig and it's being manufactured as we speak. Looking forward to doing the first set! Have lots to do. First set will be Damian's using the Marinello bearings and seals.

    Cheers

    Neil
    hay Neil, that's real cool.
    I have the same bearings and seals... the bearings look good.

    That will be very cool if you were able to help with the cranks.
    Once the stand is finished... its RG time.
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    18th June 2006 - 00:14
    Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by gammaguy View Post
    Impulse rear rim on my RG....yup did that years ago...runing a 130/80 17 Metz radial...handles and sticks...anything much wider and its upper exhaust pipes spacing out time,and then them lovely frame side covers get all hot and bothered and melt...well mine did anyway that's the 400 which makes 76HP more power=more heat dun it.......(ask the SV650 guys which side of my RG they saw at Ruapuna,hint,it wasn't the front).and that's not a good look is it.

    As for cranks the Japanese actually thought everyone would buy a new one instead of rebuilding them huh.

    I have a few stashed away.....but rebuilding them is not hard and all the parts are still easily available

    Wheres my engine stands?
    I am hoping that the GSX600f rims will not have this issue! My current rim is a 150 so a 160 should be fine.
    Bike stand... hmm just need to get them powder coat and work out a cost.

    I have a few stashed away.....but rebuilding them is not hard and all the parts are still easily available
    Good to know!
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    18th June 2006 - 00:14
    Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    863
    Got home to a nice surprise.

    No the wife has not left, and the kids are still there.... So what else could I be happy about?

    There was a big parcel at the gate.... hmmm
     photo DSC00103_zps2a1a672b.jpg


    what could these be...? looks like from the UK..

     photo DSC00104-1_zpsac74c7a7.jpg


    Nicely wrapped rims I am thinking... I am impressed so far with the effort of wrapping.
    OK check this out!!! have you EVER seen parts from wreaker that is cleaned, wrapped, labelled and ready to go?

    First off its in a nice cardboard box, with lots of padding, sounds like a expensive dildo...but NO... keep your fly shut in my thread!
     photo DSC00105_zpsb73f6af7.jpg


    So I un wrap and what do I find?
    Each part is shrink wrapped with a decryption and number... very impressive.and the bits..

     photo DSC00106_zpsd1746c69.jpg

    nice and straight... clean with all the bits.

     photo DSC00110_zps94bb4278.jpg

    Shame we cant order women like that.... BUT who would fuck the short, fat ugly ones? We all cant have the ones with big tits...small ass... and does not look like a monkey.
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    26th April 2007 - 16:57
    Bike
    2002 KTM 640 SM
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    216

    Engine is gonna sound sweet and crisp batman

    Those rims will come up mint all coloured up.
    Hope there will be quality fasteners to hold the rotors on them, no farm gate galv specials - I will send over the quality customs bike police to confiscate the RG till your well again!

    I'm ripping off the rusty poop and putting on titanium and since I'm captain poverty i expect no less from yourself ay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-01 12.53.00.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	537.9 KB 
ID:	283524  

  11. #56
    Join Date
    8th January 2013 - 20:18
    Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Location
    North Shore, Auckland
    Posts
    850
    Just wondering mate, how much was the postage to get those rims over?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    18th June 2006 - 00:14
    Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by bimotabob View Post
    Those rims will come up mint all coloured up.
    Hope there will be quality fasteners to hold the rotors on them, no farm gate galv specials - I will send over the quality customs bike police to confiscate the RG till your well again!

    I'm ripping off the rusty poop and putting on titanium and since I'm captain poverty i expect no less from yourself ay.
    Cool, I could buy the old rusty ones to upgrade what I have!
    Haa had to laugh..

    I might be able to find so nice galvd bolts to put on the disc... oh that's right I used them on my Kat!
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    18th June 2006 - 00:14
    Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Just wondering mate, how much was the postage to get those rims over?
    From memory the rims were FA... sorry cant remember the freight cost... it was like 500 beers ago.
    All up landed for $530 NZ.

    Hmmm brain strain... but the cost would have been about 199 pounds... more than the cost of the rims.

    80 pounds for the bits and 199 pounds for shipping = 279pounds = $530 NZ... and NO GST...
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    18th June 2006 - 00:14
    Bike
    Katana 1135, RG500, GSXR1100, KX250
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by Arronduke View Post
    From memory the rims were FA... sorry cant remember the freight cost... it was like 500 beers ago.
    All up landed for $530 NZ.

    Hmmm brain strain... but the cost would have been about 199 pounds... more than the cost of the rims.

    80 pounds for the bits and 199 pounds for shipping = 279pounds = $530 NZ... and NO GST...
    Cool, nice job... you are one cool dude. !
    One for the road...
    Kat1230 (81), GSXR1100 (86), RG500 (86)
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    5th April 2004 - 20:04
    Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    13,212
    Just noticed your signature.

    Bucket racers are only one step up from pikeys. I fuckin hate pikeys!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •